Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Headgear

• eHeadacheseHeadaches252,329
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 17:00
    is this list for real?
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro126,234
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 17:14, Edited on 02 February 14 at 17:16 by CoMaestro
    I am so gonna be hated for this xD:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Posted on 02 February 14 at 17:27
    Nice topic guys !!!
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo298,996
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 17:35
    Definitely thought the Dead Space RIG should have come in the too 5, incredibly cool how it collapses down to cover Isaac.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,769,598
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 17:39
    eHeadaches said:
    is this list for real?
    No, you imagined it
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • YaziteYazite487,507
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 17:44
    I suppose a lot of people haven't played Dynasty Warriors, but Lu Bu's headgear would have been great for this list. Also, I'm surprised the Rosie Big Daddy helmet isn't on here.
  • Marketman316Marketman316894,981
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 17:47
    What next, best gaming toilets?
    Nottingham Forest FC to win the Championship 2013/14
  • LYarbrou543LYarbrou543406,510
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 18:11
    Great list! But I would consider the Assassin's Creed hood, Borderlands psycho mask, Corvo's mask, Fallout power helmet (any), and the Payday 2 masks. Actually better yet, do a top 5 masks segment lol
  • Posted on 02 February 14 at 18:30
    A very diverse selection! I don't think any of those games have been in a TA Top Five yet!

Nice to see Kung Lao get some recognition for the weapon he wears on his head. I had so much fun playing with him in MK2 when I was a kid.
    This space for rent.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy603,414
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 18:40
    Horrible list.

I agree with Raiden, the Halo helmet is actually kinda boring, and pyramid head is just stupid.

Bioshock helmet for sure, Darth Vader's helmet or Boba Fett, Tali's, Samus, or Terminator masks from Warhammer
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 02 February 14 at 18:48, Edited on 02 February 14 at 18:53 by DarkSquall1
    Pharrell Williams' Grammy hat! Wait...What was the topic again?

Anyways, interesting list, while you can say that the MJOLNIR helmet is boring, it is certainly iconic of the franchise. Kung Lao's hat has that nice nostalgia factor to it, but I haven't experienced the others on the list to know if they are indeed the best.

Whoever mentioned Monkey's headband from Enslaved, +1 from me. I loved that game, and it wouldn't have worked without the headband. The hoods from Assassin's Creed, especially Ezio's, would also be on my list.
  • Posted on 02 February 14 at 18:56
    Marketman316 said:
    What next, best gaming toilets?
    Duke Nukem Forever had the best toilet. You could pick up poo and throw it.
    MICROSOFT 4 LYFE GUNGA. LEGION OF EXCELLENCE TAKING COD BACK FROM DA SNIPING DEGEN ESPORTS NERDS
  • YannickozzzYannickozzz387,036
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:04
    Master Cheif???
    Just Play
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,769,598
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:06
    Yannickozzz said:
    Master Cheif???
    Yeh, Master Chief's Latino cousin
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • YaziteYazite487,507
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:15, Edited on 02 February 14 at 19:16 by Yazite
    JMJimmy said:
    Horrible list.

I agree with Raiden, the Halo helmet is actually kinda boring, and pyramid head is just stupid.

Bioshock helmet for sure, Darth Vader's helmet or Boba Fett, Tali's, Samus, or Terminator masks from Warhammer
    By "Bioshock Helmet" do you mean the Rosie helmet? Because there are a lot of helmets in the Bioshocks. Vader's and Boba Fett's helmets aren't that great. I agree with Samus though.
  • Pembo 1996Pembo 19961,608,687
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:22
    Baird's Goggles, if you can class them as headgear
    Come On, Blue Falcon
  • Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:33
    The Masque of Clavicus Vile was pretty bitchin toast
    I'm sure many Elder Scrolls headgear could be nominated of course.
    LTspeirs
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:45
    Are we running low on topics here guys?

Nice list regardless, I especially agree with the Headcrabs, although its a shame you can't where one yourself!

How about the paste your face, or other body parts, in R6V?
    http://i.imgur.com/zHfiS.jpg
    http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/bn1NicuwB2k/hqdefault.jpg
    http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/04/09/6331171664....bmp

And my all time personal favourite, when the Necromorphs replace your own head with a theirs in Dead Space:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLlM2q6Iak

Definitely the WINNER IMO!
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy603,414
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:48
    TwiK999 said:
    By "Bioshock Helmet" do you mean the Rosie helmet? Because there are a lot of helmets in the Bioshocks. Vader's and Boba Fett's helmets aren't that great. I agree with Samus though.
    By Bioshock helmet - you can really take your pick. Any of the big daddy/big sister helmets - even the Boys of Silence helmets. The one I was thinking of though was the Bouncer helmet. Vader's helmet is one of the most iconic of all time. Others like Ironman, Carmine, Megaman, Brother of Steel/Stormtrooper helmets, Predator... so many interesting, iconic, or just cool ones in gaming and I'm only touching on helmets not even going into masks or other random headgear
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • AnavrynAnavryn687,672
    Posted on 02 February 14 at 19:57
    Alright list, glad to see Pyramid Head get some props! After starting Dishonored, I'm kind of fond of Corvo's mask. And if we're talking masks then the ones in Army of Two definitely stand out.

And my own honorable mention: Fruit F*cker from Shoot Many Robots!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.