The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 16th, 2014

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,285,056
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 13:13
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Arron114Arron1141,093,660
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 13:14, Edited on 17 September 14 at 13:14 by Arron114
    ChewieOnIce said:ChewieOnIce said:Arron114 said:How appropriate , you fight like a cow.I've been waiting for this. You, sir, get the prize.Whats the prize? Chicken pulley?

No, it's even better. Here, it's in this ba...Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!
    But i'm selling these fine leather jackets?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 September 14 at 13:40
    Monkey Island for me!
  • Posted on 17 September 14 at 14:06
    i highly recommend metro 2033, and 5$ is an amazing deal
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje381,809
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 14:43
    Chewie and Arron, please continue. Plenty of memorable lines to choose from. smile
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 14:54
    Masterpasje said:Chewie and Arron, please continue. Plenty of memorable lines to choose from. smileNever pay more than 20 bucks on a computer game
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Arron114Arron1141,093,660
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 14:57, Edited on 17 September 14 at 14:57 by Arron114
    ChewieOnIce said:Masterpasje said:Chewie and Arron, please continue. Plenty of memorable lines to choose from. smileNever pay more than 20 bucks on a computer gameThat's the second best comment I have ever seen.
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 14:58
    Arron114 said:ChewieOnIce said:Masterpasje said:Chewie and Arron, please continue. Plenty of memorable lines to choose from. smileNever pay more than 20 bucks on a computer gameThat's the second best comment I have ever seen.You've got a real attitude problem!
  • Posted on 17 September 14 at 16:34
    Now I have a reason to buy the monkey island games :P
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon469,176
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 17:31
    Grabbing Valiant Hearts. Already have Monkey Island 1 & 2, which are classics, and easy completions.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • Kbeau73Kbeau73882,084
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 18:15
    Valiant Hearts, Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2 & Metro 2033 for me!
    At the end of this day, one shall stand... one shall fall! -Optimus Prime
  • Posted on 17 September 14 at 18:22, Edited on 17 September 14 at 18:23 by MrZombieChicken
    Chris8875 said:And got the Neverland theme for Disney Universe too despite finishing off the game this week - such fun, especially in couch co-op and/or with little'uns!I think you just motivated me to play the game with my 4 year old. He's been jumping from one game to the next without really finiding something he wants to play for more than a few minutes. A Disney co-op game is probably something that would hold his interest.
    I've only played a few minutes of the game, does the theme really add anything other than costumes? He's not a Peter Pan fan, so I don't see him getting excited about those extra costumes.

Groudon199 said:Cubivore said:Eternal Sonata is one of the worst JRPGs ever made, please do not buy it. I speak as someone who has all the achievements in it and regrets every second I put into it. The only positive is that it's short for a JRPG so the pain was over faster.If you give actual reasons instead of just saying it sucks, people might be more inclined to listen to you.I am not saying the game sucks or anything like that. I tried to pop an achievement in the game during the last bean dive. After two hours of playing and failing to get a single achievement I just gave up. Very nice visuals, but the game itself is kinda average. I will probably go back to it at some point.
  • RaisukaiRaisukai220,333
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 19:22
    Vesperia for 5 USD? Instant buy for me. I might have to take a break from Destiny for a while now. laugh
  • Posted on 17 September 14 at 19:24
    I wish they had also released an enhanced XBLA version of monkey Island 3. Murray the skull is one of my all-time favorite game characters.
  • AnavrynAnavryn540,076
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 22:09
    Eternal Sonata and Vesperia are a great price for that...though I already picked them both up last sale.

I do have to agree ES is just average JRPG to me. Though I haven't finished it, I found the game itself really slow paced and the characters annoying. The environments are decent and the battle system is the high point. To top it off it requires multiple playthroughs to complete (as does Vesperia). I just lost interest in the game...which if you look at my RPG list is definitely saying something. I started Vesperia too close to another long completion and just felt like something different. That game I really like so far.
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face590,198
    Posted on 17 September 14 at 22:27
    PolisRanger2033 said:i highly recommend metro 2033, and 5$ is an amazing dealThat's what i want to buy sucks my live ran out on tuesday and wasnt able to get it and cant get my subscription back until the deal ends. damn and now i hear 48 codes wont work for deals for gold so that sucks even more.
    IT'SA ME SPAGHETT
  • Posted on 17 September 14 at 22:42
    MAS AttacK said:I feel so hesitant to buy Arcade games anymore because there's always that chance there gonna be GwG and it's not like I'm dying to have em. The struggle.Sale games to free games is so common now that there is a simple rule for this. Are you ready to start the game right now. If so, then buy only one of them and play the hell out of it, if not, then buy none of them. All other paths lead to regrets. My backlog is so large now i've gone cold turkey on digital. I would only buy if its something i REALLY want to drop everything else and play right now.
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 17 September 14 at 22:52
    CounterInsurgnt said:Really pisses me off that valiant hearts sale isn't live yet...FFS get it together MS.Reason #6 that digital is not ready for prime time : Forgetting your own sale/game release. This is not the first time this has happened, or the second. I even heard that Sniper Elite 3 on the One was not put up for sale Digital for 12 hours after it went on sale physical. Just imagine, in an all-digital world, if a major game release was forgotten about for that long, its absurd. No one would forget to ship physical copies of a game on release day, because piles of boxes in your warehouse have too much of a physical presence to just be forgotten, but digital, super easy, apparently. They probably got 'Scruffy' from Futurama in charge of this at MSFT, looking at pr0n on top of the 'start digital sales' button. wink
    Your financial solution
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,774
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 00:33
    Scruffy's on break...

/potatochip
  • MaesenkoMaesenko314,279
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 00:45
    "Scruffy gonna die like Scruffy lived." *turns page*

OT: I already own everything in this sale that I would jump at, leaves me with Pacman and VH as maybes.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.