The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 5th, 2014

• Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:39
    Holy Murderer5 said:is there a way to download and play Jap games from the UK?You would have to have a Japanese console, create a Japan region gamertag, and then purchase it, preferably with a Microsoft gift card in Yen.
  • PakhairPakhair473,979
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:41
    I was so pumped when I saw RE 6 DLC on sale but then I realized game has 4 dlc not 3 and my excitement fell, I am not going to pay 10$ for 15-20 hours of mindless boosting, if it was on sale yes but otherwise nah I will pass.
    I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I’m just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE692,105,139
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:42
    I bought Ghosts a few weeks ago for like $13 from gamefly. Prefect condition. Microsoft needs to update their pricing because I feel like they have a 5 year old making them.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:47
    xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

PS: I really hate people like you who can't respect other people's tastes.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,624,963
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:46
    I'm still looking for anyone to do the racoon city mp dlc achs if anyone wants to do them let me know. Resi revelations is pretty good. Resi 4 is a classic and prob the best resi ever in my opinion. What the hell is dustforce?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:48
    LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:I bought Ghosts a few weeks ago for like $13 from gamefly. Prefect condition. Microsoft needs to update their pricing because I feel like they have a 5 year old making them.Well some countries like mine, the retailers sell it for 59.99 euros, so please don't think your butt.
  • cancermatt2cancermatt2306,836
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:49
    I've always been curious about Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and never have seen it on sale before. Can anyone recommend the game?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:50
    Hey! Cod Ghosts ISSS 34.99 euros, not 9,99 euros!
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,403,469
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:55
    Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

Actually, all of these sales are an arranged agreement between Microsoft/Sony/Steam/Nintendo and the publishers. The platform holders can't adjust the price of a game on their own without breaking a contract they have with the publisher allowing their game to be available for digital download.

And I'm not saying CoD Ghosts is a poor game, or that someone has poor taste to play it. I'm just merely stating that CoD Ghosts has sold poorly compared to previous iterations of the CoD franchise, a fact that Activision stated to their shareholders. This doesn't mean it hasn't sold well, just not as well as Activision would have wanted.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,547,222
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:56
    Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

PS: We hate people like you too who can't respect our tastes.

You literally contradicted your own sentence, there are things called opinions my friend, ours are different so please respect such as I respect other people's as well.
  • UlkeshUlkesh983,558
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 18:59
    Error1essRope24 said:Hey! Cod Ghosts ISSS 34.99 euros, not 9,99 euros!And Rock Band 3 is €9.99 not €34.99. I'm guessing the euro and australian dollar prices for Rock Band 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts were switched when copy-pasting the prices.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:08
    xPut Name Herex said:Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

Actually, all of these sales are an arranged agreement between Microsoft/Sony/Steam/Nintendo and the publishers. The platform holders can't adjust the price of a game on their own without breaking a contract they have with the publisher allowing their game to be available for digital download.

And I'm not saying CoD Ghosts is a poor game, or that someone has poor taste to play it. I'm just merely stating that CoD Ghosts has sold poorly compared to previous iterations of the CoD franchise, a fact that Activision stated to their shareholders. This doesn't mean it hasn't sold well, just not as well as Activision would have wanted.
    Still I don't think that's the case, MS should contact Activision to arrange the sale on the game, same goes for other platforms. Finally, sorry I misunderstood you.
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:08
    Awesome prices on the Capcom games, too bad I already own most the ones I care about.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:08, Edited on 05 August 14 at 19:16 by
    The Ulkesh said:Error1essRope24 said:Hey! Cod Ghosts ISSS 34.99 euros, not 9,99 euros!And Rock Band 3 is €9.99 not €34.99. I'm guessing the euro and australian dollar prices for Rock Band 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts were switched when copy-pasting the prices.No, the guy who posted the deals, made a typo it seems.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:10
    Dang3R Gaming said:Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

PS: We hate people like you too who can't respect our tastes.

You literally contradicted your own sentence, there are things called opinions my friend, ours are different so please respect such as I respect other people's as well.
    No, I never said that I don't respect other people's tastes, don't reverse my sentence if you can't understand. And that's not called opinion when some people hating on a franshise that sells well than their favorite games.
  • GREGO McGEEGREGO McGEE3,590,463
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:10

What a strangely aggressive, overreactive, borderline manic depressive, response.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:15, Edited on 05 August 14 at 19:15 by
    GREGO McGEE said:Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

What a strangely aggressive, overreactive, borderline manic depressive, response.
    Yes I agree, and I feel sorry for that. I thought he was one of these no lifers that hate on things just for fun, but that's not the case here.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,328,435
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:18
    One week BF4, next Ghosts. Two of the largest franchises relying on sales to push their 'broken, crappy' games through. Both were idiots to push incomplete games through.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,328,435
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:20
    Error1essRope24 said:GREGO McGEE said:Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

Yes I agree, and I feel sorry for that. I thought he was one of these no lifers that hate on things just for fun, but that's not the case here.
    Yes, very over reactive. And Ghosts and Battlefield were BOTH releasesd broken and have had many problems which have destroyed their sales. Doesn't matter who is putting it on sale, they are all still trying to make money off a defective game.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,047,159
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:21
    paintballgirl said:Holy Murderer5 said:is there a way to download and play Jap games from the UK?You would have to have a Japanese console, create a Japan region gamertag, and then purchase it, preferably with a Microsoft gift card in Yen.On top of that, the Dead Rising games are rated Z. To purchase them, you have to have a Japanese credit card on file.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.