The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 5th, 2014

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:23
    Kanchanaburi said:Error1essRope24 said:GREGO McGEE said:Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

PS: I really hate people like you who can't respect other people's tastes.
    What a strangely aggressive, overreactive, borderline manic depressive, response.
    Yes I agree, and I feel sorry for that. I thought he was one of these no lifers that hate on things just for fun, but that's not the case here.
    Yes, very over reactive. And Ghosts and Battlefield were BOTH releasesd broken and have had many problems which have destroyed their sales. Doesn't matter who is putting it on sale, they are all still trying to make money off a defective game.
    This just your opinion mate.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:23
    • DmC: Devil May Cry - 50% off - Now US$14.99 / £9.99 / €12.49 / AU$19.97 / ¥2,777
    • Lost Planet 2 - 75% off - Now US$4.99 / £3.74 / €4.99 / AU$7.48

Might pick up Lost Planet 2, but i'm gonna be missing out on DmC again cry
  • MAH BOI 420MAH BOI 420482,236
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:26
    Holy fucking shit that's about what I paid for Rock Band 3 on release.
    I'm pretty sure that's the default price as opposed to the sales price, right? At least last I checked, I dunno. If not then that's fucking ridiculous.
    OH NO, THE BIG BOOBIES ARE SCARING ME! MUUUUUUUUUM!!!! -osubluejacket
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa932,760
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:28
    DeAtH434 said:Really wish Dead Rising Case Zero and West JP weren't region locked.Well they wouldn't exist if they weren't region locked. so that wouldn't make sense.
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:28
    cancermatt2 said:I've always been curious about Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and never have seen it on sale before. Can anyone recommend the game?I'm interested in it too but I don't actually know anyone who's played it. I know Egoraptor and his girlfriend recommend it highly though so I might just go for it since it's only 3 quid.
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:35, Edited on 05 August 14 at 19:36 by IN YO FACE 86
    kanteroo said:Games with Gold September preditions:
    X360-Call of Duty Ghosts
    XOne-Call of Duty Ghosts
    Oh Yes make it happenclap
  • RayvenMorriganaRayvenMorrigana1,332,061
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:40
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is €34.99, not €9.99
    I said hey listen to me, stay sane inside insanity <3
  • Ueki420Ueki4201,454,798
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:40
    To ANYONE who is thinking of Puzzle Fighter!! IT IS A GREAT GAME!!! I had it on my GameBoy Advance a chunk of years back and spent hours playing it! If your used to games like this or have played it before the achievements are fairly easy and not time consuming. The MP achievements are a bit of a pain though as it took me a couple times of putting sessions up to get them. If you want to get this game and get the MP done THIS IS TIME GUYS!!!
  • marklynxmarklynx2,283,277
  • boldfoxrdboldfoxrd461,365
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:41
    Bought Devil May Cry 1-3 and Mega Man 9 and 10. Great deals.
    rdenton85 that is my ps3 id
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead706,323
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:43, Edited on 05 August 14 at 19:56 by HolyHalfDead
    Error1essRope24 said:The Ulkesh said:Error1essRope24 said:Hey! Cod Ghosts ISSS 34.99 euros, not 9,99 euros!And Rock Band 3 is €9.99 not €34.99. I'm guessing the euro and australian dollar prices for Rock Band 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts were switched when copy-pasting the prices.No, the guy who posted the deals, made a typo it seems.You're right, it's just a typo. With this many items in a sale, mistakes do happen. I'm sure it will be corrected soon.

Don't forget you can always check Sales Hub for pricing in your region - I'm looking at you Canadians! smile

Also the Rock Band albums work on Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,403,469
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:46
    marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.
  • AlphamaniaxAlphamaniax649,504
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:47
    Unless there is a pending fix, there is an unobtainable in Angry Birds Star Wars.
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:48
    Nothing for me again! Cheap deal in Europe for CoD Ghosts. Shame I can't say the same for the UK...
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:48
    CoD Ghosts....again! Wtf!?! And at that high price again?! It's getting more and more ridiculous! The hardened edition for xbox 360 is available here for €39.99 brand new. Who on earth buys just the standard game for €35?
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:51
    Resident Evil 4 for me!!!! Only played the first half on Wii and always wanted to finish it. I can't wait, now I just have to free up space on my Hard Drive.
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:51
    Ghosts again. Haven't seen over 100,000 people online in months for both 360 and XBONE. I think it's safe to say it's awful.
    G O i7 of L 1 V E
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,763,811
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:52
    Rikk Bird said:DBD RockLobster said:• Call of Duty: Ghosts - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £24.99 / €9.99 / AU$14.97
    • Rock Band 3 - 50% off - Now US$9.99 / £7.49 / €34.99 / AU$49.97 / ¥3,570

Seriously does Microsoft just not know how to do math or what?
    This is more driven by publishers.

Overall, not bad weekly sale.
    This was my mistake getting mixed up putting the prices in. It's been fixed now. Apologies.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead706,323
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:53, Edited on 05 August 14 at 19:54 by HolyHalfDead
    They have the the Ghost Prestige Edition reduced from $348 to $107 in New Zealand at the moment.
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 19:57
    Buy Lost Planet 2, the ratio has to go up. :D

Nah in all honesty though, it's a nice game, has a lot of bugs though, MP is shit (well, unbalanced...) and the grind is horrible. Campaign and botmatches were actually quite fun, as were the training missions.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.