The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 5th, 2014

• Posted on 05 August 14 at 22:36
    Rikk Bird said:DBD RockLobster said:• Call of Duty: Ghosts - 50% off - Now US$29.99 / £24.99 / €9.99 / AU$14.97
    • Rock Band 3 - 50% off - Now US$9.99 / £7.49 / €34.99 / AU$49.97 / ¥3,570

Seriously does Microsoft just not know how to do math or what?
    This is more driven by publishers.

Overall, not bad weekly sale.
    Wait a minute !!1!2!

COD Ghosts - $ 30 US = 10 Euros ?
    Rock Band 3 - $ 10 US = 35 Euros ???22?

Who exactly is getting screwed here again ? This is so wrong, I don't even know whether to tease the Europeans, or be jealous of them...

These regional prices make no logical ! Does Not Compute, DOES NOT COMPUTE !!!1!
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 22:43
    Of course the DOA 5 casual costume packs go on sale after I bought them. Uggg.
  • Th3 TaterTh3 Tater218,619
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:04
    Let me restate for anyone curious. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo: HD is awesome. I used it as a selling point for upgrading to the 360 on my wifey, which is probably a little redundant at this point, but it's one of the few games she likes, and it's a great game to play against wife/girlfriends. aka "Color coded Tetris on Crack"

Reminder: Final Fight also includes Magic Sword (the orignal arcade version, not the crappy SNES port)

Amped to see Virgil's Fall on sale, getting it.
    Tater
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:08
    Using this as an excuse to go back to Res 4 and finish Code Veronica without having to brave my loft and dig out a load of old consoles. Teetering on the edge about Puzzle Fighter too....

For those into their anime and manga I reckon Asuras Wrath is a good bet - not really ever played anything like it before. A touch simplistic but rather satisfying.
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:17
    not to shabby, can finally spend some money. Have bulk of it already, but I'll grab up RE4, DR2: Case West and Mega man 9 and 10.

On the fence on Puzzle Fighter.

Also, I really want to try Dustforce, but the completionist in my says stay away, but it just looks so fun!
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:34
    iseedeadgamers said:How tough is it to do the DLC in both RE 5&6? That's all I'm missing in those games.It is actually quite difficult for RE:5 especially "Desperate Escape" not too many ppl able to max it out, unlike myself ;)
    Monkytildeath
  • Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:36
    gav422 said:Anyone recommend the DmC DLC?If you like the DMC series then yes, I thought it was pretty dam good, as well as the game itself
    Monkytildeath
  • THEpaynexkillerTHEpaynexkiller1,114,392
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:39
    I can't believe the Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City DLC isn't on sale.

STILL.
    The new and improved.
  • CR1SPY666CR1SPY666275,733
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:41
    YAARGH! I just bought the RE 5 DLC last week! Damn it! Really want to get Code Veronica, loved that game back in the Dreamcast days. Still have my copy of RE 4 for PS 2 in my basement, great game. Need more money, nostalgia is too strong!
  • Hanshi McDHanshi McD367,005
    Posted on 05 August 14 at 23:47, Edited on 06 August 14 at 00:02 by Hanshi McD
    marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

I'd love to get my hands on one of those JP VISA Gift Cards, if they have them like we do.

Any Japanese read these to lend a hand?
    I don't believe the credit card thing is true.There are a number of people from across the globe who have completed the games.

I highly doubt the guys in Canada,America,Ireland,England,Denmark etc have Japanese credit cards....I mean yeah the Dead Rising games are IP LOCKED,but these guys have obviously used a VPN to acquire them,but a Japanese credit card? No.
    Using aVPN,creating a JP account and buying microsoft credit (Yen) should suffice.
    Mick-Dee 19........not Em See Dee 19
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 00:20
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:own all the good stuff already, and enough of the ghosts we dont want it "I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them sam I am...."I resent that, sir. "Try them try them and you may. Try them and you may, I say."

Nah, you and everyone else are right though. The CoD sales are obnoxiously hitting overkill levels...
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye200,692
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 00:21, Edited on 06 August 14 at 00:31 by NickHawkeye
    Danowat32 said:YES, ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS ON SALE!!!!

Said no one.
    YES, ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS ON SALE!!!!

ha but for real might have to get Terraria. hard to pass up anything for $5

worth it?
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 01:22
    Going to pick up Code Veronica and the Untold Stories bundle for sure. Considering some of the others, there's a lot of choices this week. Good sale.
  • SANDROCKLQSANDROCKLQ233,147
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 02:02
    Any thoughts on the Darkstalkers Achievements? I've got a good track record with Capcom fighters, but half of the achievements are trial based, all with ratios over 3. Trials are my weakest aspect on the Capcom fighters.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 02:19
    SANDROCKLQ said:Any thoughts on the Darkstalkers Achievements? I've got a good track record with Capcom fighters, but half of the achievements are trial based, all with ratios over 3. Trials are my weakest aspect on the Capcom fighters.Same here buddy. I ran away
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • SHH ADD OHHSHH ADD OHH265,570
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 02:26
    Terraria, Final Fight and Darkstalkers are callin my name!

Remember Me is a maybe.
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje417,803
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 02:33
    SANDROCKLQ said:Any thoughts on the Darkstalkers Achievements? I've got a good track record with Capcom fighters, but half of the achievements are trial based, all with ratios over 3. Trials are my weakest aspect on the Capcom fighters.I'm far more curious about that youtube achievement. That one has quite a history of not being possible due to uploading errors. Apparently it was fixed for a while, but recently people seem once again to be unable to get it to work and reporting the same errors as before.
    Does anyone know more about this?

Dustforce is the other game I'm interested in, but that one too seems to have one problematic achievement that doesn't unlock properly.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 02:47
    Got the Resi 5 DLCs, half considering picking up Resi 4 aswell, if not for my backlog.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 02:52
    Been waiting for a sale on RE 5 DLC, picking up SF II Turbo as well. It seems like this is the first time in a while that something I wanted has been part of the weekly deals.
    Each One Teach One
  • EnjojiEnjoji251,014
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 03:06
    Picked up Remember Me, great price. smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.