The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 5th, 2014

• Posted on 06 August 14 at 04:26
    spaceSuicide said:Darkstalkers...to buy or not to buy, that is the question.If you are a fan of Darkstalkers go ahead.... if you want it for the achievements... well.... you need to be a frickin master of fighting games to complete it
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 August 14 at 05:21
    Typh0n90 said:Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

PS: I really hate people like you who can't respect other people's tastes.
    What you actually seem to hate is people whose "tastes" differ to your own. Unlike others who have responded to you I'll come out and say it, Ghosts is utter unoriginal shite. The only redeemable quality was Extinction. This is my "opinion".

Other then Ghosts, decent sale.
    No, I really hate people who bashing it just for fun, you got that?
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 05:54
    When I saw the capcom sale I was thinking I was going to be able to pick up Strider HD for cheap. Nope
  • wbswbs965,089
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 06:31
    Fire Hawk GYJS said:paintballgirl said:Holy Murderer5 said:is there a way to download and play Jap games from the UK?You would have to have a Japanese console, create a Japan region gamertag, and then purchase it, preferably with a Microsoft gift card in Yen.On top of that, the Dead Rising games are rated Z. To purchase them, you have to have a Japanese credit card on file.Yes this is the problem I have run in to. If anyone can help me get these games I am willing to make a trade. Does anyone knows if I could purchase the equivalent of a Japanese refillable debit card like they sell at stores here and use that? Quite a few people have played these out of region so there must be a way to purchase these.
  • DiesskayDiesskay880,807
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 06:41
    Capcom must be in real shit they offer this kind of a deal.
  • wbswbs965,089
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 06:41
    mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

I'd love to get my hands on one of those JP VISA Gift Cards, if they have them like we do.

Any Japanese read these to lend a hand?
    I don't believe the credit card thing is true.There are a number of people from across the globe who have completed the games.

I highly doubt the guys in Canada,America,Ireland,England,Denmark etc have Japanese credit cards....I mean yeah the Dead Rising games are IP LOCKED,but these guys have obviously used a VPN to acquire them,but a Japanese credit card? No.
    Using aVPN,creating a JP account and buying microsoft credit (Yen) should suffice.
    Sorry man credit card is needed I have a Jap box and account and have spent hours trying to get these games. I honestly dont know how people are purchasing it it but many people are trading or purchasing Jap accounts with the game already purchased which is technically against the rules. I want to try to get a temporary reloadable Jap debit card to avoid this and I am willing to make a deal with someone that could help me get one.
  • Hanshi McDHanshi McD361,843
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 07:04
    wbs 101 said:mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

I'd love to get my hands on one of those JP VISA Gift Cards, if they have them like we do.

I don't believe the credit card thing is true.There are a number of people from across the globe who have completed the games.

I highly doubt the guys in Canada,America,Ireland,England,Denmark etc have Japanese credit cards....I mean yeah the Dead Rising games are IP LOCKED,but these guys have obviously used a VPN to acquire them,but a Japanese credit card? No.
    Using aVPN,creating a JP account and buying microsoft credit (Yen) should suffice.
    Sorry man credit card is needed I have a Jap box and account and have spent hours trying to get these games. I honestly dont know how people are purchasing it it but many people are trading or purchasing Jap accounts with the game already purchased which is technically against the rules. I want to try to get a temporary reloadable Jap debit card to avoid this and I am willing to make a deal with someone that could help me get one.
    At what point does it say you need to use a credit card?

People have used VPNs to get the game,the error message you'll see if you try to download it is telling you the game is IP LOCKED.

These guys who have it have used VPNs to make it as if they live in Japan.
    Mick-Dee 19........not Em See Dee 19
  • iM JacKiM JacK51,897
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 07:23, Edited on 06 August 14 at 07:23 by iM JacK
    • Angry Birds Star Wars (Xbox One) - 50% offThe price is good? Could be interesting. .
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 09:57
    Wow this sale sucks.

Also they should just perma discount Ghosts it seems to be permanently on sale bar one or two weeks. Seriously screw that shite game.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,049,016
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 10:59
    Well I don't even own RE6 anymore, but I'll take the bundle. For later and stuff.
    I saw a girl crying while buying tampons. Must be going through a rough period in her life.
  • marklynxmarklynx2,110,247
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 11:12
    mcd19 said:wbs 101 said:mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

People have used VPNs to get the game,the error message you'll see if you try to download it is telling you the game is IP LOCKED.

Why do you bother replying if you have not even tried this yourself?

90% of JP games require a VPN. When you try to buy these, it wont let you checkout and the only option it gives you is to add a credit card.

I have friends who got theseseveral years ago where a credit card was not required. Probably the reason many other than Japanese have these games. Now it does not look possible...

I'm willing to trade these as well if anyone is willing.
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 11:46, Edited on 06 August 14 at 12:09 by Hanshi McD
    marklynx said:mcd19 said:wbs 101 said:mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

Why do you bother replying if you have not even tried this yourself?

90% of JP games require a VPN. When you try to buy these, it wont let you checkout and the only option it gives you is to add a credit card.

I have friends who got theseseveral years ago where a credit card was not required. Probably the reason many other than Japanese have these games. Now it does not look possible...

I'm willing to trade these as well if anyone is willing.
    Games on Demand games that requires no VPN.

Read .7.
    At the end of the day I'm just giving some information that i know,there's no need to try and be rude about it.If you want to accept that someone might be giving you false information and possibly loose out,then so be it.Nobody is going to openly admit to have using a VPN to get because its against microsofts ToS.
    Good day sir.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 15:06
    CODYROB55 said:When I saw the capcom sale I was thinking I was going to be able to pick up Strider HD for cheap.I wish Strider would have been part of the sale. It'll be up there eventually though.
    Each One Teach One
  • PunzleyPunzley716,817
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 15:09
    Think I might pick up Case West and Resident Evil 4 with the DLC pack...
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 15:47
    NickHawkeye said:Danowat32 said:YES, ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS ON SALE!!!!

Said no one.
    YES, ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS ON SALE!!!!

ha but for real might have to get Terraria. hard to pass up anything for $5

worth it?
    Definitely worth it.
    If you like side scrollers and you like RPGs, this game is phenomenal. It is even more fun if you have friends that will pick up the game with you.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 16:27
    mcd19 said:I don't believe the credit card thing is true.There are a number of people from across the globe who have completed the games.

It's 100% true. Initially worked with MS points but then it got locked down after about a month (SOURCE: I live in Japan).

I am going to try a pre-paid visa tomorrow, will post here if it works to see if anyone wants a copy... not wanting to cause offense, but my credit card isn't going on to anyone else's account laugh
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 16:28
    mcd19 said:wbs 101 said:mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

Nothing to do with vpn, game isn't region locked... it's just sat behind a credit card wall. Wouldn't be an issue except the cc has to be directly linked to a JP address.
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 17:04
    Quantum Binman said:mcd19 said:wbs 101 said:mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

Nothing to do with vpn, game isn't region locked... it's just sat behind a credit card wall. Wouldn't be an issue except the cc has to be directly linked to a JP address.
    Then i stand corrected.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 17:13
    mcd19 said:Quantum Binman said:mcd19 said:wbs 101 said:mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

Then i stand corrected.
    Technically you were right at the time of launch. It's a change that was introduced right around the time Korea's xbox division decided that citizenship cards needed to be used to purchase the Korean versions.

No idea why... Seems like overkill to me.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,389
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 17:18
    Quantum Binman said:mcd19 said:Quantum Binman said:mcd19 said:wbs 101 said:mcd19 said:marklynx said:xPut Name Herex said:marklynx said:Anyone know if it is possible to buy Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP Ver) with Microsoft Money or is a Credit Card needed?A Japanese credit card is needed, since the games have a "Z" rating (ages 18 and up), and the way they confirm you are above the age of 18 is for you to input your credit card information as proof of your age.Thanks, figured so much as I've been able to buy all JP games with the exception of these two DR games.

Then i stand corrected.
    Technically you were right at the time of launch. It's a change that was introduced right around the time Korea's xbox division decided that citizenship cards needed to be used to purchase the Korean versions.

No idea why... Seems like overkill to me.
    Korea is much more stringent about video game usage than other countries (they actually have laws forbidding anyone under the age of 18 from playing online between midnight and 8AM, which resulted in XBL and PSN being shut down from nightlight to 8AM for all Koreans since Microsoft/Sony couldn't confirm if the person playing was under 18 or not). They also require you to use the equivalent of a Social Security Number to even access the internet, hence why you need to prove you are a valid citizen of Korea to access those Korean Dead Rising arcade games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.