The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 5th, 2014

• Posted on 06 August 14 at 17:31
    I really need to go and complete Rock Band 2 and 3, but damn if I can find a place or store online that lets you buy the game with the whole kit anymore!
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 18:40, Edited on 06 August 14 at 18:41 by TheJimiHippie
    Wow, what a nice Capcom sale! Now all I want for x-mas is MS to remove the 16 GB limit restriction on the usb external storage option for the Xbox 360.
    Beware of the grammar police!
  • HartlandHartland427,191
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 18:50
    Is it just me or can no-one else actually see the deals through the dashboard? If it wasn't for this post I wouldn't have a clue these we're on sale... Microsoft need to make these sales more obvious as they are probably loosing tonnes of purchased for this reason
    4Horsemen - GTASC 2013 2nd Place
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 19:04
    Pretty sure this is the first time RB3 has ever gone on sale below the standard $20 price. Hopefully a good amount of people buy it to show interest in a possible future title in the series. Also wanted to point out that the "Well Connected" achievement is now unobtainable. :/

Think I might pick up Remember Me, Dead Rising Case West & Zero, and maybe some of the Resident Evil games.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 19:23
    What's the difference between Dead Rising 2 and OTR? I want to get one of them. Also Resident Evil 4 HD worth a try?
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 19:57
    Iguaina said:What's the difference between Dead Rising 2 and OTR? I want to get one of them. Also Resident Evil 4 HD worth a try?Off the Record is a 'what-if' version of 2 starring the main character of 1 instead, so it has his camera antics that weren't in 2 and a few other changes.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic510,355
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 20:28
    JimiDeluxe said:Wow, what a nice Capcom sale! Now all I want for x-mas is MS to remove the 16 GB limit restriction on the usb external storage option for the Xbox 360.Well, the limit is 32gb, not 16. Still a limit though.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 20:45
    Iguaina said:What's the difference between Dead Rising 2 and OTR? I want to get one of them. Also Resident Evil 4 HD worth a try?I played RE4 back on the PS2--and I still love the game now as much as I did back then. The HD port isn't bad as far as the main campaign itself goes, but the extra missions and whatnot you unlock at the end of the game look like they weren't given the same HD treatment, so it was partially half-assed, but it's all trivial compared to the campaign. If you enjoy third person shooters or liked any of the newer RE games, than you should love RE4.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 August 14 at 21:29
    Kanchanaburi said:Error1essRope24 said:GREGO McGEE said:Error1essRope24 said:xPut Name Herex said:Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmIt should tell you how poorly that game has sold compared to other CoDs that Activision is putting it on sale so frequently on all platforms, especially since the most recent iteration of CoD only rarely ever went on sale til Ghosts.Seriously how the hell you became a moderator, since you know little about gaming industry. Microsoft pays Activision to put the game on sale, not the publisher. The publishers have no control of sales at all. Finally I have to inform you that still CoD Ghosts sells well, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean that its bad, that's why it ends up being on sale everytime, because people buying it. If they wouldn't it would be pointle for MS to pay money to the publisher with no income at all.

PS: I really hate people like you who can't respect other people's tastes.
    What a strangely aggressive, overreactive, borderline manic depressive, response.
    Yes I agree, and I feel sorry for that. I thought he was one of these no lifers that hate on things just for fun, but that's not the case here.
    Yes, very over reactive. And Ghosts and Battlefield were BOTH releasesd broken and have had many problems which have destroyed their sales. Doesn't matter who is putting it on sale, they are all still trying to make money off a defective game.
    At least Ghosts works.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7538,013
    Posted on 07 August 14 at 04:10, Edited on 07 August 14 at 04:33 by Dresden N7
    Iguaina said:What's the difference between Dead Rising 2 and OTR? I want to get one of them.I see that you played the original Dead Rising with Frank West. So the question is, do you like the character of Frank West? See, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is the exact same story (with minor differences) but with different main characters (classic Capcom re-releasing). DR2 stars the new character of Chuck Greene--a single father who is framed for the outbreak in the game--while DR2: OTR stars Frank West, who is looking for another big news story and covers the new outbreak.

Who do you want to play as? If you cannot stand Frank West, buy DR2. If you do like Frank West, buy DR2: OTR because it's more Frank.

Other Differences:
    1) DR2 is canon while DR2: OTR is non-canon. (Chuck's actions in DR2 are "referenced" in DR3.)
    2) DR2 has harder achievements than DR2: OTR and 3 of them require MP boosting.
    3) DR2: OTR has photography like DR1 but both have combo weapons.
    4) Chuck Greene is a psychopath boss in DR2: Off the Record while Frank West doesn't show up in the original Dead Rising 2.
    5) The XBLA game DR2: Case Zero is a prologue to DR2.
    6) The XBLA game DR2: Case West (which also stars Frank West) is an epilogue to Ending A in DR2.
    7) DR2: OTR has a few exclusive combo weapons & psychopath bosses, a new area of the map called The Uranus Zone, and a new Sandbox mode. (Minor additions though.)

Whichever one you choose, look up some of the cutscenes of the other one on YouTube. Although the story is the same, some people react differently to the main character and the protagonist's comments are different. It's interesting to see the little differences if you're into that type of thing.
  • Catching ZZZsCatching ZZZs1,115,702
    Posted on 07 August 14 at 06:59, Edited on 07 August 14 at 07:00 by Catching ZZZs
    Help me out. It's down to Remember Me or Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

I've played other games in the Dead Rising series so I know what to expect, but I have no idea what Remember Me is like.
    wait.....what am I signing here?
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 07:51
    Catching ZZZs said:Help me out. It's down to Remember Me or Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

I've played other games in the Dead Rising series so I know what to expect, but I have no idea what Remember Me is like.
    OTR is a lot of fun, but similar to DR2.

Remember Me is a beautiful looking game, but pretty forgetful... The title is more a request than anything else.
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 09:10
    Masterpasje said:Dustforce is the other game I'm interested in, but that one too seems to have one problematic achievement that doesn't unlock properly.Not problematic - just extremely difficult. I have not played the game, but watched a speedrun of the PC version a few weeks back. At the time, he said only about 20 people had gotten S on all the levels (I assume that's the one you're referring to).

That being said, the game looks like a ton of fun.
    Unarmed and dangerous.
  • CASS190684CASS190684248,822
    Posted on 07 August 14 at 09:18
    Diamond Thing said:Is it every 2 weeks Call of Duty Ghosts is on sale? facepalmI was thinking the same thing.

Nothing else grabs me this week either so I guess I'll save my pennies!
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 12:14
    Has a sale created this many comments/opinions/arguments recently? Haha!

I work in retail. We have a promotional 'cycle' where we change what is on promotion. These promotions are decided by the higher powers in the company, usually after negotiation with the 'manufacturers'. Basically the way it works is we put their product in a more prominent position where it will sell more. To add to that bonus it is at a reduced price, meaning they will sell more of them. This raises awareness of their product and hopefully gains them loyal custom that will buy more of their products in the future. From our side it means we sell a higher amount of 'products'. Win-win situation for both of us.

Sometimes they pay us money for the positioning of the product. Other times they charge us less for the product in the first place. Either way the manufacturer forks the bill for the 'sale' price.

At no point does the promotion ever imply that a product is 'not worth the money' at full price. It just wants to find its way out of a niche market.

So COD has gone the same way. Personally I'm a hater. But that's the science bit over.

I'm gonna get DmC and Rock Band 3 I think. Does the guitar hero guitar work on RB3?
    Dying is half the fun...!
  • BelbereshBelberesh251,092
    Posted on 07 August 14 at 13:32, Edited on 07 August 14 at 13:38 by Belberesh
    BaronVonBrannan said:Does the guitar hero guitar work on RB3?Yes it does. I have RB3 and i used my GH2 and GH World Tour guitar with it.

Bought the DMC HD Collection because i never played these games. Still thinking about getting Remember Me and Code Veronica.
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 13:43
    Belberesh said:BaronVonBrannan said:Does the guitar hero guitar work on RB3?Yes it does. I have RB3 and i used my GH2 and GH World Tour guitar with it.

Bought the DMC HD Collection because i never these games. Still thinking about getting Remember Me and Code Veronica.
    Got Dmc HD on disc but I haven't played much yet due to playing the shit out of the first 2 on ps2. Awesome games but they are major time sinks. Even without cheevos.

Thanks for the RB3 info though. gonna buy it tmrw methinks.
    Dying is half the fun...!
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 15:31
    Rhyolitic said:JimiDeluxe said:Wow, what a nice Capcom sale! Now all I want for x-mas is MS to remove the 16 GB limit restriction on the usb external storage option for the Xbox 360.Well, the limit is 32gb, not 16. Still a limit though.Is this why not all of my music shows up when I plug in my ipod to my xbox?
    Also, they are unlikely do do anything like that for the 360 since efforts have moved to their new console.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,389
    Posted on 07 August 14 at 15:38
    Travis Jarvis said:Rhyolitic said:JimiDeluxe said:Wow, what a nice Capcom sale! Now all I want for x-mas is MS to remove the 16 GB limit restriction on the usb external storage option for the Xbox 360.Well, the limit is 32gb, not 16. Still a limit though.Is this why not all of my music shows up when I plug in my ipod to my xbox?
    Also, they are unlikely do do anything like that for the 360 since efforts have moved to their new console.
    No, all your music not showing up is likely a file type issue. There's no limit on how much data is used by the iPod in your scenario, only with actual Xbox files.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.