Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DMC: Devil May Cry Announced

• Posted on 16 September 10 at 00:02Permalink
    New Dante looks terrible. What's with his shoulder proportions?
  • Posted on 16 September 10 at 01:06Permalink
    Paradise LostSX said:
    Lead director of DMC2? That doesn't sound good. I won't be holding my breath for this one.
    My first thought exactly.

After the utter perfection that was Bayonetta, ol' Dante has got some incredibly big (high heeled) shoes to fill.
  • Posted on 16 September 10 at 01:06, Edited on 16 September 10 at 01:07 by ClydeFrog76Permalink
    Paradise LostSX said:
    Lead director of DMC2? That doesn't sound good. I won't be holding my breath for this one.
    My first thought exactly. 4 didn't even grab me that much either. 3 is still the best.

After the utter perfection that was Bayonetta, ol' Dante has got some incredibly big (high heeled) shoes to fill.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 September 10 at 03:14Permalink
    I really like the punk look, I just don't feel the almost metro(sexual) look of Dante is right.

The rest of it, wait and see like with any game.
    Deep into that darkness peering, Long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting.
  • JoeInsidiousJoeInsidious126,600
    Posted on 16 September 10 at 05:42Permalink
    MingledFoot said:
    I just don't feel the almost metro(sexual) look of Dante
    You.. realize he wears a friggen man bra in DMC 3 right? A man bra... I'm gonna say that one more time. Man bra.. Let that sink in for a sec, think of how awesome Dante was supposed to be.. with a man bra. Yeah.

The "new" Dante looks more Japanese. Nothing to fuss over. I'm all set with the white hair, man bra wearing Dante. I'm all set. It's a reboot. It needs new character design. Hopefully if this franchise gets, to #3 he isn't wearing Capri-pants and carrying a murse.
    I'm cockin' my head back like, Ed Lover, C'mon SON!
  • OdinHawkeOdinHawke210,062
    Posted on 16 September 10 at 07:44Permalink
    JoeInsidious said:
    MingledFoot said:
    I just don't feel the almost metro(sexual) look of Dante
    You.. realize he wears a friggen man bra in DMC 3 right? A man bra... I'm gonna say that one more time. Man bra.. Let that sink in for a sec, think of how awesome Dante was supposed to be.. with a man bra. Yeah.

The "new" Dante looks more Japanese. Nothing to fuss over. I'm all set with the white hair, man bra wearing Dante. I'm all set. It's a reboot. It needs new character design. Hopefully if this franchise gets, to #3 he isn't wearing Capri-pants and carrying a murse.
    What you call man bra is the chest strap setup for ebony and ivory. If you knew anything about guns and their holsters you wouldn't be calling it a man bra. The worst thing about the DMC3 Dante was his hair style, not his E&I Straps.

I honestly see what the other was saying, the whole big n' heavy shoulder pads on the new "Dante" as well as his overall Metro-Emo look kinda scare me away from this game. To reboot the franchise is one thing, but I'm not sure I like the idea of rebooting and butchering one of my favorite multimedia characters. Tsk Tsk, I look forward to finding out more about this game so I can conclude whether its a yay or neigh
  • Posted on 16 September 10 at 09:31Permalink
    Watched the trailer again.... i am hoping that this is Trish and Dante's son!!!!!!!! Would explain why he doesn't look like dante but has his kinda attitude and fighting style.... c'mon, when did Dante ever use a bendy sword????
    Your Robsessed!!
  • Kyuubi AlphaKyuubi Alpha929,843
    Posted on 16 September 10 at 10:11Permalink
    thats not dante who dare they.
  • Posted on 16 September 10 at 11:51Permalink
    Origional Dante or GTFO
  • Sora401KSora401K93,263
    Posted on 16 September 10 at 12:07Permalink
    I was just wondering when the 5th DMC would come out the other day.

Can't wait!
    ThE CaKe Is A LiE!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 September 10 at 12:13Permalink
    The old Dante looks better but this looks sweeet.
    Hope its not as hard to complete as number 4 was, that took me forever.
    When life knocks us down we can choose whether or not to get back up.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM86,884
    Posted on 16 September 10 at 14:24Permalink
    This is the first time a DMC has looked good to me. Still not holding my breath, though.
  • DivineWind72DivineWind721,019,958
    Posted on 16 September 10 at 14:28Permalink
    Paradise LostSX said:
    Yeah, even though DMC2 was a bit crap (and DMC4 is a bitch for us score-whores) i'm still looking forward to this coming out.
  • Posted on 17 September 10 at 03:04Permalink
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    This is the first time a DMC has looked good to me. Still not holding my breath, though.
    Your eyes are broken.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 September 10 at 06:49Permalink
    EngageCardinal said:
    I honestly see what the other was saying, the whole big n' heavy shoulder pads on the new "Dante" as well as his overall Metro-Emo look kinda scare me away from this game. To reboot the franchise is one thing, but I'm not sure I like the idea of rebooting and butchering one of my favorite multimedia characters. Tsk Tsk, I look forward to finding out more about this game so I can conclude whether its a yay or neigh
    That was my point, the look just feels wrong. Setting wise, I like the punk look, but the look should have carried over to Dante as well, that's how I describe his look in DMC 4. This just misses the point with the emo/metro look. The straps for the holster don't bother me so much, but then I'm a bigger fan of having weapons on the thigh, better draw time.
    Deep into that darkness peering, Long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting.
  • Pyro5845Pyro584581,351
    Posted on 17 September 10 at 08:22Permalink
    omg really? old dante=bad ass smart mouth who didnt take shit. new dante= emo fag who looks nothing like old dante and is supposidly a younger version. I wasnt a fan of the 'younger dante' in 3, why would I want an ever younger version?? Bring back the OP dante from 2. then I will be happy.
  • TheCraigTheCraig91,746
    Posted on 17 September 10 at 09:06Permalink
    DMC4 was hard as sh*t for achievments.. but had the perfect Dante in it (even thought you don't play as him for most of the game)
  • Posted on 17 September 10 at 14:03Permalink
    idub76 said:
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    Your eyes are broken.
    Gah! you beat me to it lol. This DMC looks horrid
    Sex is like air. It's not that important until you're not getting any.
  • HyyrHyyr387,022
    Posted on 17 September 10 at 19:47Permalink
    So, is this simply a port of the original Devil May Cry, or is it another game with the exact same name?
    Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
  • Posted on 18 September 10 at 03:15Permalink
    I am hoping that his hair will become white during the game for some reason.

Maybe in Dante's super saiyan mode! laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.