The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

List Of Free Content (Games, Apparel, Themes)

AuthorMessage
FrustratedNerd
Posted on 05 January 12 at 01:18, Edited on 04 November 16 at 14:02 by FrustratedNerd
Please only comment in this thread with free items or if an edit needs to be made.
For all questions, comments, and concerns; go here: List Of Free Content (DISCUSSION)

• Games With Gold:

Please view the right sidebar on TrueAchievement's homepage for current and upcoming Games With Gold.

• Temporarily Free Content:

Please follow the comments on this thread for free content that isn't confirmed yet to be made permanently available. Comments for this thread should only contain 'alerts' for free content. All other comments should go here: List Of Free Content (DISCUSSION).

• Xbox One Games:

• Xbox 360 Games:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

• Kinect Fun Labs Add-Ons & Apps

• Windows Games:

• Windows Phone Games:

• Misc. Platform Games With Achievements

• Themes For The Xbox 360:

• Unlockables:

• Changelog & Thanks:

DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 05 January 12 at 09:35
Games - Hexic HD, TotemBall, harms way and doritos crash course are the only currently available titles on the 360, Tinker is available on PC. Age of Empires Online an Game Room are also free but not completable without extra payment.

Yaris, aegis wing and dash of destruction have previously been free but are now delisted.

There have been occasional free avatar items but as far as I know these have allbeen limited time promotional offers.
Solario32
Solario32
Posted on 05 January 12 at 14:37
Thanks Dakota.
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 05 January 12 at 15:44
You're welcome, if you're interested there is an .iso around that contains aegis wing, yaris, dash of destruction and totemball, it's only recently that totemball has recently reappeared on the marketplace, totemball does however require a vision cam
JMJimmy
JMJimmy
Posted on 06 January 12 at 05:13, Edited on 06 January 12 at 05:14 by JMJimmy
You can also start those delisted titles safely. Just to clarify what Dakota posted...

Currently in the Marketplace:
Hexic HD
Totemball
Aegis Wing (not delisted just North America only, otherwise obtainable via 3rd party download)
Tinker (PC)
Age of Empires (PC)
Game Room
Pinball FX2 (if you downloaded the free table when it was available)
Harms Way
Doritos Crash Course

3rd party download:
Dash of Destruction
Yaris

As for gamerpics/avatar items/etc there was this list http://www.xboxresource.com/avatars.php?filter=awards
Life, it's funny that way.
WinByDefault10
Posted on 07 January 12 at 05:18
there is the PREMIUM THEME: 2011 holiday season . or something of that sort. but its worth mentioning because its not just a free theme but its a premium theme
x RepoUK x
x RepoUK x
Posted on 07 January 12 at 16:16
Aegis Wing can be obtained by non US territory gamers by creating a US account.
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale can be obtained for free by creating a Taiwan account.

Once downloaded onto your Xbox they can then be played by anyone using that Xbox irrespective of their territory.
GS Target: 25k by 31st December 2011
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 07 January 12 at 17:30
x RepoUK x said:
Aegis Wing can be obtained by non US territory gamers by creating a US account.
Whilst this is true it's probably just to grab the disc image and use that
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale can be obtained for free by creating a Taiwan account.
Can anyone else confirm this.
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 07 January 12 at 21:06
Just tried myself and Daggerdale is still free with a Taiwanes account, it appears that Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime was for a few days as well a one point but is no longer even available on the Taiwanese marketplace

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 January 12 at 19:37
forza motorsport 4 premium theme is also free
WinByDefault10
Posted on 09 January 12 at 01:38
also there are 2 final fantasy themes that are free
FrustratedNerd
Posted on 10 January 12 at 03:24
Updated, thanks for your help guys!
Used to play Halo 3 like a Pro. Grew up, now I'm playing other games! #latetotheparty
FrustratedNerd
Posted on 10 January 12 at 03:42
I can confirm the Thailand account works. I am downloading D&D now, thanks for that heads up!
Used to play Halo 3 like a Pro. Grew up, now I'm playing other games! #latetotheparty
WinByDefault10
Posted on 10 January 12 at 07:40
i actually know of about 230 free games, themes, avatars, arcade items, add ons ect.
Jyejitsu
Posted on 10 January 12 at 10:57
WinByDefault10 said:
i actually know of about 230 free games, themes, avatars, arcade items, add ons ect.
Feel free to post them :>

Anyway for the people who want Yaris, Aegis wing, Hexic HD and Dash of Destuction compilation disc;

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-con...

(credits to Hoffman)

and yes this is legit.
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
xFallenCastielx
Posted on 11 January 12 at 19:23, Edited on 11 January 12 at 19:36 by xFallenCastielx
Can someone explain how they signed up for a thailand account? I tried last night, and had to change the language to chinese, which made it hard to continue...i wasnt even able to find the right chinese language...did you guys sign up for this account on a PC or the xbox?

edit: Nevermind, I figure out my problem. I ended up clicking on the link provided for the marketplace, and signed up from there. Helps to have a translator plug-in on your browser.
If your having problems, start here

http://www.xbox.com/zh-TW/live/joinlive
FrustratedNerd
Posted on 12 January 12 at 23:21, Edited on 12 February 12 at 23:36 by FrustratedNerd
@connectmeplease I signed up through PC and used a Firefox add on to translate it as I went through it. Someone suggested using Chrome as it has better translations add-ons but I hate Chrome so yeah.

Anyways I thought linked to this post but I guess I forgot. I read that the following info has to be right, but I'm not sure how true this is. I followed these directions:

Country Tawain
City: Tapei
Zip code: 10603
JTJDG666
JTJDG666
Posted on 13 January 12 at 20:42
@ycsmnews com I'm trying to get daggerdale, and it says it's free, but everytime i click on it to download it says it cost 12000
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 13 January 12 at 20:49
JTJDG666 said:
@ycsmnews com I'm trying to get daggerdale, and it says it's free, but everytime i click on it to download it says it cost 12000
If you used the details in the above post that will explain ityou need to set your regionto Taiwan not Thailand. Did youvtry downloading from a computer or a console
xFallenCastielx
Posted on 14 January 12 at 02:07
Are you purposely omitting the Kinect labs that are free or have you just not thought of them yet?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.