Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail DLC Roundup: August 27th, 2013

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,392
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude811,913
    Posted on 27 August 13 at 19:07
    I wonder if the dlc will fix the bugged achievements in Arcania Gothic
  • BUFFMASTERBUFFMASTER750,923
    Posted on 27 August 13 at 19:19
    it's still broken
    Trueachievements.com
  • Posted on 27 August 13 at 19:28
    Shame, I was hoping for a Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga type thing where they pretty much remade the game and added the expansion as part of it for the Arcania Complete Tale thing.
    There's nothing worse than a sad tree.
  • KGK LunchboxKGK Lunchbox324,453
    Posted on 27 August 13 at 19:29
    why the hell did they not fix it......
    If hate were people, idd be china
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,231,158
    Posted on 27 August 13 at 19:40
    Zombies!!!
    Gtech
  • MtldMtld2,237,068
    Posted on 27 August 13 at 19:47
    BUFFMASTER said:
    it's still broken
    damn...
  • Posted on 27 August 13 at 20:12
    This Arcania problem is stupid,

it really wouldn't of been that much effort to fix an achievement and if they added achievements to the dlc im sure this would of sold BETTER.
  • Posted on 27 August 13 at 20:42
    BUFFMASTER said:
    it's still broken
    I'm not saying you are lying but I'd like some facts. There is no way you exhausted all playthrough options already.
    BIG MEECH
  • TTDog666TTDog666643,643
    Posted on 27 August 13 at 21:14
    lx VAULT xl said:
    BUFFMASTER said:
    it's still broken
    I'm not saying you are lying but I'd like some facts. There is no way you exhausted all playthrough options already.
    Why would you have to ?
    A broken Achievement was to learn all the recipes, one couldn't be learnt because it said you already knew it... just load your old save into the new version, discover you STILL can't learn the recipe... ergo... game is still broken.

All they've done is add the DLC to the disk and re-release... not like Divinity 2 where they included the DLC and tweaked the end of the original game to make the transition from old game to DLC smooth as silk... they didn't do much (if anything) to the gameplay.
  • Posted on 27 August 13 at 22:14
    Goddammit!!! Was really hoping they fixed Arcania...
    My only complaint with wireless controllers is that there's nothing to slow em down when I throw em.
  • Posted on 28 August 13 at 00:53
    Now, now, lets act like civilized adults.

Shame, I'd like to play Arcania, but I'm not supporting that type of laziness. You made the game, you made the bug, fix it and I'll buy.
    Xbox One Owner, and Damn Happy About It
  • Posted on 28 August 13 at 06:09
    So many butthurt posts lately. I am amused. smile
    Banana Big Boys
  • Posted on 28 August 13 at 07:26
    Well, if 2 achievements are unobtainable, then that's broken. As far as the game itself, from what I've played I wouldn't come close to calling it perfect, that's for sure.
    There's nothing worse than a sad tree.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,463,036
    Posted on 28 August 13 at 07:48, Edited on 28 August 13 at 07:48 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    To everyone talking about Arcania, wait for the new retail disc to come out (it hits Europe the 30th, not sure about NA). The retail disc fixed the two trophies for PS3 users, it might work for us, even if the DLC doesn't.
  • Thief44Thief44725,384
    Posted on 28 August 13 at 20:12
    If they fix it i may end up picking it up only reason i haven't wanted to buy it right away.
    Thief44
  • Tower BridgeTower Bridge729,003
    Posted on 29 August 13 at 15:47
    Amazon.com cancelled my preorder so I think the chance of seeing an NA version of Arcania: The Complete Tale is slim. Normally if there were still plans for an NA release they would delay the order.

This only leaves the PAL version as a potential fix which would require an imported box for people in the states unless its region free.

If the game is the same as PS3 version "Master Chef" should be possible. If they left the same Arcania main game and just put the DLC on a disc with it then it won't be fixed.
  • Posted on 29 August 13 at 21:18
    Tower Bridge said:
    Amazon.com cancelled my preorder so I think the chance of seeing an NA version of Arcania: The Complete Tale is slim. Normally if there were still plans for an NA release they would delay the order.

This only leaves the PAL version as a potential fix which would require an imported box for people in the states unless its region free.

If the game is the same as PS3 version "Master Chef" should be possible. If they left the same Arcania main game and just put the DLC on a disc with it then it won't be fixed.
    No fan should have to put up with this, should be able to play the game they want.

Im lucky I live in the uk for this but thought id reply :)
  • James12183James12183661,739
    Posted on 19 October 13 at 12:36
    Leo Ascendent said:
    Now, now, lets act like civilized adults.

Shame, I'd like to play Arcania, but I'm not supporting that type of laziness. You made the game, you made the bug, fix it and I'll buy.
    Hey it's a great game you are missing out. Who cares about the damn achievement all that REALLY matters is the story.
    James12183
  • James12183James12183661,739
    Posted on 19 October 13 at 12:37
    Thief44 said:
    If they fix it i may end up picking it up only reason i haven't wanted to buy it right away.
    Which is an idiotic reason not to pick up a game.
    James12183
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.