Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

KickBeat – Special Edition Dated and Trailered

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,996
  • kanterookanteroo128,510
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 04:58
    smile
  • XKingZ0mbieXXKingZ0mbieX1,816,167
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 05:01
    With all the bands listed at the top i am pretty pumped for this even though i just saw it now
    xRoGuE GriMMx ------------------------------------------------------------------- I Will Beat Fatman2008 That is my Destiny
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 05:03
    So pumped to play this again! I'm gonna pretty much copy and paste all my solutions from True Trophies while i do laugh

Love the track list for this game in general, real good selections!
  • UnveiledArkUnveiledArk764,491
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 05:03
    beware that there is an achievement which has the requirement that you must do within the first month of release.
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 05:08
    UnveiledArk said:beware that there is an achievement which has the requirement that you must do within the first month of release.Yeah i'm wondering about that, i'm assuming you can get it if you they keep releasing new songs. At least i'm hoping it's for new songs otherwise the game will be un-completable VERY fast. Which i don't think i see them doing, though i could be horribly wrong.
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip4,661,912
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 05:29
    True XenoBlade said:UnveiledArk said:beware that there is an achievement which has the requirement that you must do within the first month of release.Yeah i'm wondering about that, i'm assuming you can get it if you they keep releasing new songs. At least i'm hoping it's for new songs otherwise the game will be un-completable VERY fast. Which i don't think i see them doing, though i could be horribly wrong.Don't get your hopes up.

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/512371288779030529
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 05:34
    Wow ok, lucky i can 5 star Master already laugh That's pretty low, if it was a challenge sure but to punish people? That's not cool...
  • wbswbs992,685
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 06:01
    NutriWhip said:True XenoBlade said:UnveiledArk said:beware that there is an achievement which has the requirement that you must do within the first month of release.Yeah i'm wondering about that, i'm assuming you can get it if you they keep releasing new songs. At least i'm hoping it's for new songs otherwise the game will be un-completable VERY fast. Which i don't think i see them doing, though i could be horribly wrong.Don't get your hopes up.

Pretty sure this achievement is against the rules I remember an article that said only challenges were to be time based and achievements are to be obtainable throughout the life of the game but this was before the X1 released so a lot of things have changed.
  • MajimaActualMajimaActual734,547
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 06:29, Edited on 18 September 14 at 06:30 by MajimaActual
    wbs 101 said:NutriWhip said:True XenoBlade said:UnveiledArk said:beware that there is an achievement which has the requirement that you must do within the first month of release.Yeah i'm wondering about that, i'm assuming you can get it if you they keep releasing new songs. At least i'm hoping it's for new songs otherwise the game will be un-completable VERY fast. Which i don't think i see them doing, though i could be horribly wrong.Don't get your hopes up.

Pretty sure this achievement is against the rules I remember an article that said only challenges were to be time based and achievements are to be obtainable throughout the life of the game but this was before the X1 released so a lot of things have changed.
    Do you have a source that proves something like that is against the rules?

I am not even interested in this game and yet I made sure to voice my displeasure via Twitter. Microsoft already has a full infrastructure in place for time-limited achievements. They are called challenges. If a dev wants a time-limited achievement then it's gotta officially be classified as a challenge and it should be zero-gamerscore and part of the challenge pool, not the achievement pool. Devs have been doing this since day one, since the launch of the console, so I don't understand why that is difficult to understand for Zen Studios.
    "My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer."
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 06:32
    wbs 101 said:NutriWhip said:True XenoBlade said:UnveiledArk said:beware that there is an achievement which has the requirement that you must do within the first month of release.Yeah i'm wondering about that, i'm assuming you can get it if you they keep releasing new songs. At least i'm hoping it's for new songs otherwise the game will be un-completable VERY fast. Which i don't think i see them doing, though i could be horribly wrong.Don't get your hopes up.

Pretty sure MS have to "vet" achievements before adding them to live.
  • EmDeeGeeEmDeeGee1,338,210
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 06:51
    NutriWhip said:True XenoBlade said:UnveiledArk said:beware that there is an achievement which has the requirement that you must do within the first month of release.Yeah i'm wondering about that, i'm assuming you can get it if you they keep releasing new songs. At least i'm hoping it's for new songs otherwise the game will be un-completable VERY fast. Which i don't think i see them doing, though i could be horribly wrong.Don't get your hopes up.

What? How did that pass Microsoft control? What a load of crap!
    "Come in guys, the water's great!": 5th Annual Bean Dive starting July 5, 2014. Join the fun!
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 06:53
    There must be something else to this, i can't be what we think it is. It seems against what MS wants achievement wise :/
  • Chris ScarceChris Scarce2,020,528
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 08:44
    unless of course it in the same month it was released in not the first month some achievements say on certain game it tells you to kill so many opponents in the game what it does not say is has to be done on a certain stage or level quite a few achievements have been mislabeled there was one on crimson dragon i can think of
    C Scarce
  • Ueki420Ueki4201,748,956
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 08:45, Edited on 18 September 14 at 09:11 by Ueki420
    I was extremely interested in this until I saw that bullshit achievement. I'm sorry that I don't have enough money right now to afford your game and since it will essentially be BROKEN (after the month) when I can afford it I will not be buying it. Zen Studios can suck a big fat one for this. I hope that Zen Studios doesn't sell many copies because of this!

To many people (not just myself) being able to get all the achievements in a game is considered part of the game. If you cannot obtain an achievement then that game is broken and needs to be patched and fixed. We have seen the Killer Instinct achievements be fixed from being overly outrageous! So why do we now have to deal with this? Any achievement should never be unobtainable or only attainable for a certain amount of time. That means the game is or will become INCOMPLETE and that is a load of trash. Won't be buying this game and won't be buying any Zen Studios game from now on EVER. I was super interest in CastleStorm too....
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 09:09
    And just because I'm going to agree this against M$ policy...

http://www.neowin.net/news/e3-2013-microsoft-on-xbox-ones-ne...

"The biggest difference between challenges and achievements is that unlocking challenges won't increase a person's Xbox Live Gamerscore. McDonald states:

We want everyone to have the same shot at increasing their Gamerscore to its highest potential. Since challenges are intentionally temporary (an opportunity) and achievements never expire (a promise), only achievements may offer Gamerscore as a reward.

The new achievement system is also cloud-based on the Xbox One, which means that they will not require game developers to offer DLC content to add achievements to their games."

Suck on that Zen Studios! Fix that shit or you might be in a wee bit of trouble...
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 09:36
    I signed up to Twitter just to put in my 2 cents and provide them what they need to change their minds with that link. Maybe this is the thing to set off gamers and get M$ to set up a real policy for ALL to see that doesn't screw us gamers over.
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 09:40
    Ueki420 said:To many people (not just myself) being able to get all the achievements in a game is considered part of the game. If you cannot obtain an achievement then that game is broken You have a 75% completion rate on 230k gamerscore. Is this seriously worth throwing toys out of the pram over?

The game is shit anyway, save your money unless a diehard rhythm game fan.
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 09:47
    Quantum Binman said:Ueki420 said:To many people (not just myself) being able to get all the achievements in a game is considered part of the game. If you cannot obtain an achievement then that game is broken You have a 75% completion rate on 230k gamerscore. Is this seriously worth throwing toys out of the pram over?

The game is shit anyway, save your money unless a diehard rhythm game fan.
    If you had bothered to look you'll notice that I did a Bean Dive this year (my first) and that I've had a 90% completion before...so yes things like this do bother me. Especially when they violate policy on purpose...it is like someone spitting in my face because I actually did want this game and CastleStorm. I'm a huge fan of rhythm games even though my 360 card won't show it.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42834,687
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 10:20
    In case you don't want to go looking, here's the offending achievement.
    KickBeat – Special EditionIt's ShowtimeThe It's Showtime achievement in KickBeat – Special Edition worth 18 pointsComplete a track on Hard difficulty.
    Also, there is this one
    KickBeat – Special EditionGrandmasterThe Grandmaster achievement in KickBeat – Special Edition worth 460 pointsUnlock all other achievements.
    so one would get stuck at 940/1000.

The NeoWin article above links to this Major Nelson post with another good quote from Cierra McDonald, Xbox Achievements manager.
    You can unlock an achievement at any time, be it on a game’s launch day or 3 years later. I guess you can say an achievement is like a promise in that sense. A challenge, on the other hand, is more like an opportunity – better grab it while you can! (emphasis hers)
    XboxSupport claims the achievement is not against official policy, but they are sometimes wrong.

I wonder if this can be obtained while offline. I know that Xbox One achievements can't be unlocked while offline. However, sometimes you can fulfill the requirements offline. Then when you reconnect and start the game again, the achievement unlocks. I've done this sometimes with KS Rivals so I can play against low level AI without losing my cloud save.

Regardless, that's just curiosity on my part. I also won't buy a game with such an achievement.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads