Game Discussion: Karaoke Forum

Karaoke closing on August 15, 2014

AuthorMessage
RestlessSpirit5
Posted on 17 May 14 at 21:08
I just learned from the main menu of Karaoke that it is closing on August 15, 2014. Karaoke Passes are disabled and the game is still playable.
Mystic Typh00n
Posted on 18 May 14 at 00:25
I guess I need to finish leveling to 50 then.
How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
MMMDI
MMMDI
Posted on 18 May 14 at 07:52
You said the passes are disabled... are all the songs free now or something? Or do you only get the free ones?
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 18 May 14 at 12:44
Good luck with that. dance
Chief On Kush
Chief On Kush
Posted on 18 May 14 at 19:11
If you have a pass it still works. If you don't you can't buy any more. Meaning you will need to grind the free songs if you want this game done.
First in the world to complete Super Mario Brothers 3
Xtowers
Xtowers
Posted on 19 May 14 at 14:17
God, add this one to my list of games to grind out before they close the servers.
Draconic Kyr
Draconic Kyr
Posted on 20 May 14 at 08:37
Can you still get the 100 songs in history if you have not yet started the game?
Tressilation
Tressilation
Posted on 20 May 14 at 15:46
MMMDI said:
You said the passes are disabled... are all the songs free now or something? Or do you only get the free ones?
Still only five free songs a day it seems. Any previous purchased passes still can be used, but for the rest of us we're grinding it out one day at a time.
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 20 May 14 at 18:48
This really sux!

So 5 new songs everyday?

I had some free songs before but they seem to dissapear from my history?
Do the free songs go away from my list or do i keeo them?

There is an achievement for singing 20 or 30 different in one day. So i really hope the free ones stay in my acount/History.
Sammler 360
Sammler 360
Posted on 21 May 14 at 11:13
The achievement for 30 different songs has no time limit.
You will do it on your way to play 100 different songs.
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 21 May 14 at 14:27
I mixed the achievements up. I had to play 20 in same session and did it yesterday. But i could sing the same songs over again and i thought i could not do this.

That was my concern.

Now my concern is the 100 different songs.
Mystic Typh00n
Posted on 21 May 14 at 21:10
It's not going to be that bad. Most of the children songs are under 1:30. So if you use those songs as your free pass ones you should have no issues.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 21 May 14 at 21:56
Well it appears not everyone is getting the free pass. My US account did, but my New Zealand and German account didn't.
Mystic Typh00n
Posted on 21 May 14 at 22:01
Well if not everyone is getting a free pass, then yeah it's going to be a bit more difficult.

I only have 38 songs to go, so hopefully it's not going to be too bad.
JacknGibbs
JacknGibbs
Posted on 23 May 14 at 01:17
I've never played the game. Should I start? I'm worried about not being able to complete it
Loonielee
Loonielee
Posted on 23 May 14 at 05:49
It doesn't take that long to do most of the achievements. I have gone from level 3 to level 41 in a couple of days with the fan method. I just hope that they change the free songs. They have been the same for 3 days now.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 23 May 14 at 08:47
I contacted them on twitter, facebook and e-mail to bring back the passes so we can complete this game BEFORE the servers are going down. I hope lot of others do the same and we might have a chance that the passes get back (even better would be the whole library for free but that would be wishful thinking).

I made also a topic on the official xbox forums.

The more people contacting them, the more chance we get that passes are up again or even that all songs made free.
http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
Legendary Janra
Posted on 23 May 14 at 11:16
That really suck that this game is closing. I guess I gotta get my kinect out of storage. So I could get the rest of the achievement .
C0D Logic
C0D Logic
Posted on 30 May 14 at 17:21
Musquito said:
I contacted them on twitter, facebook and e-mail to bring back the passes so we can complete this game BEFORE the servers are going down. I hope lot of others do the same and we might have a chance that the passes get back (even better would be the whole library for free but that would be wishful thinking).

I made also a topic on the official xbox forums.

The more people contacting them, the more chance we get that passes are up again or even that all songs made free.
I contacted them asking to make all of the songs free or at least bring back the passes. I didn't get a reply. When i asked about free songs though they did mention that they would be updated "regularly". It seems about every 3 or 4 days some songs change.
Joe Wheat
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 June 14 at 05:43
The free songs are changed 3 times a week.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.