Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: January 27th, 2015

• Posted on 27 January 15 at 21:35
    I wonder if the need for speed dlc will ever be on sale roll
    http://tinyurl.com/nsxg6rm <== EASY WAY TO MAKE $5 XBOX LIVE BY USING BING
  • KysolKysol431,193
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 21:47
    MS+EA conspire against my wallet.
    kysol.com - @kysol - General ramblings about gaming escapades.. and programming.
  • spyrobospyrobo391,030
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 21:46
    Don't some of these titles have discontinued achievements? Should any publisher or developer be allowed to sell them,I mean your basically buying a broken product.
    hi...
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 21:51
    Wow thinks this beats the so called Christmas sale!
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,310,184
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 21:53
    BiGPaPaRu said:are you sure Never Alone is on sale?When Major Nelson first posted it was listed although the discount wasn't yet live (apart from in Japan). However, his post has now been edited to remove it so looks like it's not going to be after all. I've removed it from the OP.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • NomstuffNomstuff798,694
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:06
    Phoenix C64 said:JERICHO FREEMAN said:I might be a little harsh. But I really hate mediocrity; it's a curse that plagues every form of art.I must agree with this. And the worrysome (spell?) thing is that every day there are more and more brainwashed lemmings that seem to like "shit"... just pick spanish TV programme and see what's popular in the country (apart from soccer)...
    I feel the urge to puke everytime I turn on the TV for more than 5 seconds.
    And don't get me started with people on "teh internetz"...

and this mediocrity transfers to my 3 favourite entertainments: Videogames, Movies, TV Shows
    90% of everything is shite.
  • YaziteYazite435,127
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:23
    Why are Skate 1 and 2 more expensive than Skate 3?
  • USMC 90 95USMC 90 95549,239
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:25
    Are people still playing Titanfall? I'd hate to get it and no one is playing it anymore.
    I HATE BOOSTERS.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64290,600
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:36
    USMC 90 95 said:Are people still playing Titanfall? I'd hate to get it and no one is playing it anymore.dunno about the 360, but on the XB1 there can be hours where it takes some time to find a match in some of the less popular game modes. on the other hand, it's easier to boost some of the achievements that way.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Anand32Anand321,819,190
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:42
    DA2s greatest sin was it was a followup to DA1. Taken by itself it would have been an above average rpg, but seeing as how the first game is right up there with( at least for me) Skyrim and Fallout as best console rpgs this past generation I do understand people's misgivings about it. It is certainly worth 4 bucks, although if you are on a tight budget I would certainly go with the first one or kingdoms of amalur first. Also on a dragon age note, Inquisition is a very worthy successor to the first game, well worth the money even at full retail. So if you are on the fence, go ahead and grab it; you wont regret it.
  • HurballHurball462,910
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:44
    Titanfall should be free on Access by now, since I keep hearing its effectively dead now.

I kind of want the BF4 DLC, but I'm not paying £16 for it. Sick of overpaying money for map packs in games now, although BF4 does seem to have actually good DLC maps (unlike the dross that Gears of War or Halo 4 thought passed for good maps).
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,181,385
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:45, Edited on 27 January 15 at 22:46 by xPut Name Herex
    Hurball said:Titanfall should be free on Access by now, since I keep hearing its effectively dead now.Titanfall is not applicable for EA Access because it is not published by EA (it is published by EA Partners, EA's now defunct publishing arm for independent studios).
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 22:56
    Snagged the Titanfall Season Pass for Xbox One toast
    Twitter: @TA_Treezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64290,600
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 23:04
    Hurball said:Titanfall should be free on Access by now, since I keep hearing its effectively dead now.not really, no. i get games all the time easily. just as i mentioned earlier, depending hour (like, a monday 10:00am) it can take a couple minutes in the less popular gamemodes.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Rista BRista B640,360
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 23:22
    Great sale lots of tempting choices here.
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 23:37
    Tempted for UFC
  • Kovy88Kovy881,808,350
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 23:58
    They just never add Bulletstorm DLC to their sales. facepalm
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:04
    So many sales, titan fall or battlefield tho D:
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,380,707
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:16
    Mirrors Edge DLC sale please! It's double the price of the game at this point.
  • matdanmatdan801,041
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:16, Edited on 28 January 15 at 00:18 by matdan
    DO NOT BUY:

Army of Two
    Army of Two 40th Day (Only if your worried about the DIY PMC achievement remaining discontinued)
    Fight Night Champion
    skate.
    skate 2.
    skate 3.

All of these have discontinued servers of some sorts. skate 2 and 3 servers were working but some people are saying they broke again.

Very mediocre sale otherwise most of this junk has been on sale before and the rest has ridiculous price points.

I just want Need For Speed, Crysis 3, Bulletstorm and the rest to have a DLC sale for once.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.