The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: January 27th, 2015

• FoxHound22FoxHound22160,491
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:44
    Wow this a big week with the highlight of the Mass Effect DLC in the end! cn_upleft cn_uprightcn_downrightcn_downleftcn_LB
    FoxHound22
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:54
    need for speed rivals for $10 finally !!!!!!!!! been waiting forever for this lol !!!
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Muska FlipMuska Flip181,989
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:58
    Better deals than the countdown to the new year sale lmao
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead543,910
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 01:22, Edited on 28 January 15 at 01:49 by HolyHalfDead
    ChewieOnIce said:BiGPaPaRu said:are you sure Never Alone is on sale?When Major Nelson first posted it was listed although the discount wasn't yet live (apart from in Japan). However, his post has now been edited to remove it so looks like it's not going to be after all. I've removed it from the OP.Since Major Nelson's blog is a list of US deals (...availability... may vary by region), it is still on sale this week for those of you with a Japan account. http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/live/deals-with-gold

Xbox One Games
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - 50% off - Now ¥810

This would be because Japan would not have a DwG this week otherwise, since Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition and Just Dance 2015 are not available in Japan. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Chris8875Chris8875555,180
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 01:55
    Might finally pick up Mirror's Edge.

And if anyone hasn't got it, Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare is a wonderful game. Great fun.
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 01:56
    If I buy BF4 Premium for Xbox One will it also work for 360?
  • Brutaka5Brutaka5224,831
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 02:57
    I just bought a crap load of games! Holy nut balls these are great deals!
    Jonathan Jung
  • G0DLY 5NiPeRG0DLY 5NiPeR403,622
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 03:03
    MugenKairo said:G0DLY 5NiPeR said:LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:JERICHO FREEMAN said:G0DLY 5NiPeR said:There's a lot there for me to choose from, including Fuse, the Dragon Age games, and Mirror's Edge. Can anybody offer their opinions on those games for me, before I make any decisions?

Also, I refuse to get Syndicate unless there are willing boosters for those pesky online achievements... roll
    Don't get Fuse, the game is terrible. A generic co-op shooter with boring story, unimaginative level design and gimmicky gameplay. Dragon age Origins and Inquisition are awesome games if you like RPGs, can’t recommend them highly enough, Dragon age 2 is complete garbage though, avoid it like plague. Mirror's edge is a very interesting game, very unique, certainly worth playing, especially at that price. Hope this helps.
    Fuse isn't THAT bad. Especially at $4. Nothing goty worthy but mildly fun in co-op. I haven't played Dragon Age 2 yet but its sitting on a 4/5 rating from thousands of people. It can't be so bad that you avoid it like the plague as you said. I agree about Mirror's edge.
    Well I still have Mafia II to play after picking it up last week on sale, so I might just go with one game, like Mirror's Edge. I'm still undecided, though.
    If you have to choose only 1 game, Mirrors Edge is an excellent choice. Certainly unique and still looks good despite being several years old now.
    I'll definitely pick up Mirror's Edge, but I also think I'll grab DA:O while it's really cheap. Also seriously debating the most recent Army of Two game. Decisions, decisions...
    "If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today?" - Steve Jobs
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead543,910
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 03:29
    AN JUSTICE4 ALL said:Anyone else seeing that Peggle 2 showing up as USD$ 3.96 on the EA Sales page on xbox.com

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/ea-sale-xbox-one-...
    That page is wrong, follow the link and sign in to get the price you will pay.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 03:38
    Mirror's Edge for me, would it hurt them to at least add related DLC to the sale?
  • guycarbguycarb327,542
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 03:52
    CM Trance said:Very good deals this week. I got Peggle 2. Lots of fun. :)
    Might get Burnout Paradise for 360... now where did I put that save file...
    If only they could put the DLC for this on sale too!!!
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,230,485
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 04:50
    Mike Marcelais said:Am I the only one who is annoyed that Never Alone was on sale for 33% off just two weeks ago and is now being offered for 50% off? Having bought it then, I now feel ripped off. angryWell..i bought it full price on release day, and saw it discounted 33% a few days later, before I even started it...
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,230,485
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 04:58
    SnD ACiD RAiN said:If I buy BF4 Premium for Xbox One will it also work for 360?I highly doubt that... that offer was only from 360 to Xbox one, and I also believe it was time limited, and finished a long long time ago
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 05:05
    Zoelz said:Ach1evement said:Strange to have a price difference on titanfall if you're on gold. You need gold to play it.That is actually kind of funnyWait, so I paid more for the game AND I can't even play it ???2? angry

laugh
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 05:54
    G0DLY 5NiPeR said:There's a lot there for me to choose from, including Fuse, the Dragon Age games, and Mirror's Edge. Can anybody offer their opinions on those games for me, before I make any decisions?

Also, I refuse to get Syndicate unless there are willing boosters for those pesky online achievements... roll
    Mirror's Edge is going to be the most unique experience in my opinion. I really enjoyed it as it was different than anything I have ever played before.
    Most bang for your buck will be the Dragon Age games if you end up liking them simply because of how much content is there.

So I can offer up those two as either a unique experience vs. a lengthy, but cost efficient, investment.
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 06:13
    Fuse and Syndicate are both extremely meh and there's no reason to go out of your way to play either of them, even at these prices. They're extremely bland, uninteresting, short, and grindy games. Battlefield 3 Tech Demo (aka Mirror's Edge) may be worth it at that price considering there's about $4 worth of gameplay in it.

Why is Mass Effect 2's Overlord never for sale? The last time Mass Effect DLCs were up they included every DLC except Overlord, and now they just picked Arrival at random apparently.

And balls at that Titanfall deal. I bought the season pass for $6 the last time they clearanced Titanfall products, no way I'm buying it again for the deluxe edition.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Posted on 28 January 15 at 06:20
    I value the opinion of total strangers. What's more fun? Crysis or Dead Space?
    wait.....what am I signing here?
  • BillarghBillargh360,098
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 06:24
    Yeah, cause $13.20 for BF4 is the same as £13.20... EA. facepalm
  • warm slurmwarm slurm806,112
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 07:05, Edited on 28 January 15 at 07:06 by warm slurm
    Is it okay to switch regions to buy games from other marketplaces? I want to get DA:I but the difference between the US price and the UK price is £10. Not sure if you're allowed to do so, or even if the game is region-locked, etc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.