The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: September 18th, 2014

• DrMmmPieDrMmmPie359,317
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 22:23
    Was AC pirates not free about a week or two go? Or did I just dream that?
    Posted from TrueAchievements Mobile
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 22:51
    Bought on both plantafforms !!!
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 22:52
    DrMmmPie said:Was AC pirates not free about a week or two go? Or did I just dream that?Its so hard to tell with windows phone games, since the prices vary from $0 - $4.99, with a lot of them either starting or going to $0 every so often (Rabbids) and the prices get reset a lot. I think this one just went off the listings for a while.
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 22:55
    Gator Deve 86 said:That was quick.. Too bad I'm switching to sprint in about a hour and they don't have any good windows phonesI keep a windows 'phone' around just as a gaming console, so if you have an old one that this will run on, well...
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 23:03
    Dangit I just bought this for full price on Monday angry
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 23:07
    ROBBERT DHT said:This demotivates me to buy games from them at the full price on release. I know it's my own choice but I did pay 10 euro for both of them together. To see them for 4 euro together now is kinda a backstab towards the early buyers. I know 6 euro isn't much but it's more the principle.In percentage terms, its pretty large, 60 % off in 1 month. Game companies need to consider their customer's perceived value of their games. If we see huge early price drops as the norm, why would we ever buy day one, unless we loved the game and were waiting for it. This is almost never the case with Windows Phone and Windows 8 games, since they usually just drop on us all of a sudden, you almost never see articles about them in advance, or ads for them. I hadn't heard of these until I saw a release article here, and its a big name franchise (although the phone versions have been losers)
    Your financial solution
  • gatordeve86gatordeve86286,718
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 23:57, Edited on 19 September 14 at 00:00 by gatordeve86
    Cw Icecold said:Gator Deve 86 said:That was quick.. Too bad I'm switching to sprint in about a hour and they don't have any good windows phonesNokia Lumia 1520 and 930 are very good phones with WP8.1neither of those are Sprint

thanks though

Ki11erLawnGnome said:Gator Deve 86 said:That was quick.. Too bad I'm switching to sprint in about a hour and they don't have any good windows phonesWhy would you switch to sprint? They have horrible service.

May have to try these games out now that they are on sale.
    because i get poor service at my home no matter what carrier and I am home 95% of the time (work from home) and Verizon was bleeding me dry

plus Sprint is paying our cancellation fees
    -The Deve
  • SaidaiKanpekiSaidaiKanpeki1,016,168
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 00:57
    Lol, I almost bought AC Pirates (Win8) yesterday. Going to get it now!
  • St1ng rSt1ng r959,874
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 07:05
    Just bought it on my Windows phone and it doesn't work, read the reviews before wasting £1.49 on it!
  • Throni360Throni3601,791,540
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 08:14
    ITz l Skillz l said:Dangit I just bought this for full price on Monday angryAlways wait for the next thursday before buying something on WP or W8!

St1ng r said:Just bought it on my Windows phone and it doesn't work, read the reviews before wasting £1.49 on it!Which phone do you use?
  • Posted on 19 September 14 at 09:08
    St1ng r said:Just bought it on my Windows phone and it doesn't work, read the reviews before wasting £1.49 on it!When a game only has 2.5 stars, don't you check the reviews anyway? Would make sense to do a tiny bit of research as to the low scores before purchasing.

But someone earlier said it works on windows 8.1 now.
    Disclaimer: copious amounts of sarcasm may be included in the above post.
  • eHeadacheseHeadaches242,675
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 11:30
    RandomlyEvasive said:So this works for Windows Phone 8.1 now, awesome. Have been waiting for this!Thanks for that. I was concerned about the update issue
  • Posted on 19 September 14 at 14:21
    So is the Win8 version worth $2? My WP can't run it so I only have one choice.
  • EnjojiEnjoji242,777
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 15:23
    Need to upgrade my WP!
  • Posted on 20 September 14 at 01:48
    Bought this first day now I'm angry
  • HmizzzHmizzz496,037
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 08:14
    I would purchase it if only my PC was on 8.1 ... But the updates just keep crashing.
    Work hard, play hard
  • EddieM1974EddieM1974515,635
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 12:17
    My laptop is 8.1, won't run AC Pirates though. Just get a blue screen before it dashboards me.
  • gatordeve86gatordeve86286,718
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 16:53
    triplewitching said:Gator Deve 86 said:That was quick.. Too bad I'm switching to sprint in about a hour and they don't have any good windows phonesI keep a windows 'phone' around just as a gaming console, so if you have an old one that this will run on, well...The only issue for me is my last 3 Windows Phones the charger port went out on so they are pretty much paperweights
    -The Deve
  • QuiCkz NinjaQuiCkz Ninja1,409,516
    Posted on 21 September 14 at 09:10
    EddieM1974 said:My laptop is 8.1, won't run AC Pirates though. Just get a blue screen before it dashboards me.Same issue HERE :(
    QuiCkz Ninja
  • Posted on 21 September 14 at 18:11
    QuiCkz Ninja said:EddieM1974 said:My laptop is 8.1, won't run AC Pirates though. Just get a blue screen before it dashboards me.Same issue HERE :(I have a Nokia 6110 and I don't even get a blue screen. cry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.