The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: February 6th, 2014

• wbswbs986,936
    Posted on 07 February 14 at 01:43
    BlazinBuckwheat said:
    NastyMastaDaddy said:
    wbs 101 said:
    Anybody know a trick to get the Toshiba and Vaio versions? I know of people that have done it but I can't find any info on it.
    Great question....because I am wondering the same thing.
    Well those versions became available on all devices something like 3 months ago. I know you have to change your region to get them and I believe their both different regions. I was not able to actually purchase the full game for one of the two regions, but was able to get one of them. Pretty sure you will need a PayPal account unless you live in the specific region. But I'm not even sure if the games are available anymore.
    I wonder what regions. How did you know that you had the right game before you purchased it? Did someone just tell you or was there actually a way to tell before you purchased the game?
  • Posted on 07 February 14 at 04:25
    range is good said:
    drownedLTspeirs said:
    I'm new to this, so if a game is for sale on wp, does it apply to wp8 as well?
    All current Red Stripe Deals for Windows Phone are for Windows Phone 8. Usually these games also go on sale for Windows Phone 7 too (such is the case this week, as Pac-Man CE DX was a Windows Phone 7 game), but not always.

Anway, Pac-Man CE DX is a great game. I recommend both versions, but if you had to choose, I prefered playing with the keyboard on my 2-in-1 Windows 8.1 device.
    Cool thanks for the explanation!
    LTspeirs
  • CraiglionheartCraiglionheart1,561,814
    Posted on 07 February 14 at 06:38
    Typical, completed both of them a while back, at full price.....
  • GiinceeGiincee622,771
    Posted on 07 February 14 at 09:18
    I think it would be better if you put both items everytime in one article. Prefer it more than an article for just one item!
  • Posted on 07 February 14 at 09:18
    At least this deal makes some people happy.
  • Vr EnglishVr English796,839
    Posted on 07 February 14 at 15:01
    Checked out and already 100% on the phone version, not bad!
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o666,150
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 14:11
    wbs 101 said:
    BlazinBuckwheat said:
    NastyMastaDaddy said:
    wbs 101 said:
    Anybody know a trick to get the Toshiba and Vaio versions? I know of people that have done it but I can't find any info on it.
    Well those versions became available on all devices something like 3 months ago. I know you have to change your region to get them and I believe their both different regions. I was not able to actually purchase the full game for one of the two regions, but was able to get one of them. Pretty sure you will need a PayPal account unless you live in the specific region. But I'm not even sure if the games are available anymore.
    I wonder what regions. How did you know that you had the right game before you purchased it? Did someone just tell you or was there actually a way to tell before you purchased the game?
    I got the Vaio version on a Vaio, and I understand that you 'used' to be able to get both of them by changing your region. However, they seem to have been relisted under the one title - I can't even get the Toshiba version on my new Toshiba...
    Blog: dtiapril.wordpress.com Twitter: @dtiapril
  • wbswbs986,936
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 19:09
    DTI April said:
    wbs 101 said:
    BlazinBuckwheat said:
    NastyMastaDaddy said:
    wbs 101 said:
    I got the Vaio version on a Vaio, and I understand that you 'used' to be able to get both of them by changing your region. However, they seem to have been relisted under the one title - I can't even get the Toshiba version on my new Toshiba...
    So in other words its gone for good even if someone already purchased it?
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o666,150
    Posted on 09 February 14 at 20:38
    wbs 101 said:
    So in other words its gone for good even if someone already purchased it?
    I didn't purchase the Toshiba version. I bought a Toshibe recently and couldn't find the version to buy. I understand that if it's delisted you can't redownload on Win 8.1 but I honestly don't really know the details. I believe unless you already have the Vaio/Toshiba versions installed then you can't get them, even if you've previously purchased.
    Blog: dtiapril.wordpress.com Twitter: @dtiapril
  • Strategy OneStrategy One702,814
    Posted on 10 February 14 at 19:59
    Cool! I like this deal!
    Whos stupid idea was it to call Xbox One Xbone? Lame.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead709,596
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 02:17, Edited on 13 February 14 at 02:24 by HolyHalfDead
    Red Strip Deals until 20th February 2014
    Kinectimals $0.99 USD / £0.79 GBP / $1.49 NZD

I have been waiting all year for this and was just about to cave and pay full price for it. I will be "Hero Dad" when I get home tonight :D
  • pezza888pezza888169,316
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 15:56
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Red Strip Deals until 20th February 2014
    Kinectimals $0.99 USD / £0.79 GBP / $1.49 NZD

I have been waiting all year for this and was just about to cave and pay full price for it. I will be "Hero Dad" when I get home tonight :D
    I saw this earlier today, I've also been waiting for it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.