Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Army of Two The 40th Day Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 01 December 11 at 17:38
    Please use this thread to discuss the Army of Two The 40th Day walkthrough
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant775,398
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 09:36
    Where is it? This has been a very long time.
  • Posted on 21 July 13 at 17:03
    I sent it in to get reviewed/published. So we play the waiting game!
    BIG MEECH
  • Information
  • Posted on 24 July 13 at 18:15
    Hmmm, any reason why you didn't state on the first page and the overview that this game is uncompletable? You stated it yourself in the multiplayer section, so gathering from the first few pages i would start the game as you have no missable achievements and when i get to the multiplayer section realize i'm screwed for a completion.

It's a good guide nonetheless, and i would have liked to play it but EA deserve none of my money for shutting down the website.

Might wanna add that bit in though, let people know starting the game new that they can't fully complete it.
    Posted on 25 July 13 at 00:19, Edited on 01 August 13 at 00:33 by LuckyKant
    Not hating but helping. There are many, many grammatical errors. Some parts have words missing. Was this edited? The editor did not do a good job. I have made errors in my walkthrough, so I appreciate the editor's role, but this was not fulfilled here.

Page1

Paragraph 2
    To get the single player achievements will require a minimum of 2 playthroughs. As will getting all of the weapons and parts. The multiplayer achievements all have ridiculously high ratio's, but don't let that put you off, they're mostly quite easily boostable. A word of warning though, there is DLC for the game, which in itself is fairly easy, but if you get it, complete it before doing any multiplayer, I repeat DO THE DLC ACHIEVEMENTS BEFORE ANY MULTIPLAYER ONES, otherwise it breaks the achievements on a 1 for 1 basis.

Wow! So many commas.

Try this:
    In order to get all of the single player achievements, this game will require a minimum of 2 playthroughs. This is due to the difficulty level achievements and you need to earn enough cash to purchase all the weapons and their parts.
    The multiplayer achievements have high ratios however the majority of them are boostable. The two related to the Extraction game mode are not boostable but cooperative.

WARNING: Unlock the DLC achievements before playing the multiplayer as it can leave the online achievements unobtainable. There is a workaround if it is already too late, but it is not guaranteed to work and can take many attempts at doing. Go into detail on that as well

P3
    On this playthrough, you should take all of the negative morality choices and get all of the collectables and hostages. Also, pick a favourite primary weapon and stick with it to work on the weapon achievements.

On this playthrough, you should take select all of the negative morality choices, collect the collectables and save all the hostages. Additionally, you should also aim for the weapon class achievements. Try and change your weapon in different situations. A shotgun would work well in a corridor but a sniper would be great when outside.

Playthrough 1.5: Go back onto casual and tidy up any achievements you may have missed.

Your tips are awesome

There are so many more things to change.

The organisation of the achievements is not good.

e.g. The Humanist should be in the first playthrough, as you are playing on casaul.

You also do not provide a walkthrough of each level. The gun class kills should be listed at the top so people can be aware of the classes. Actually, all the cumulative ones should be. When you have told people to reload a checkpoint, add that in to the actual level by level walkthrough. They can save time. Same with Pumpkin Patch.

This but made me go facepalm :
    And finally, the grindy achievement. You need to kill 6,666 enemies in the campaign. No, multiplayer does not count towards this. By now, you should have a good chunk of these kills done by doing 2 playthroughs and mopping up. Doing the DLC does count towards this. So you could potentially get more kills from there as well. Just keep playing missions and eventually you will unlock:

Are you serious? It is much quicker to reload Fastest Way Down. 50 kills in 2 minutes. Much quicker. Rinse and repeat.

Multiplayer:

On Fresh Meat, you can add how to do a partner reload etc

You add elsewhere (about the RPG etc) that you do not know the locations. You are writing a walkthrough! Make sure you know! Go back and play it!

On Extraction, you could give tips for each map.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 13 at 14:35
    I'm gonna fall off my chair one of these days ahahah laugh
    Posted on 31 July 13 at 15:20
    If you are an editor or overseer, do your job properly. How has these mistakes not been noticed beforehand?
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth219,360
    Posted on 31 July 13 at 15:26
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    If you are an editor or overseer, do your job properly. How has these mistakes not been noticed beforehand?
    Easy there, tiger.

Please remember, we are all volunteers and we take time out of our own schedules to proofread each and every walkthrough. From time to time, a few errors may be overseen (just like the one in your post), but being met with hostility will not encourage us to "do our jobs".

Be patient, please.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 13 at 15:27, Edited on 31 July 13 at 15:27 by
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Ikr, they should reinstate public executions for people like them.
    Posted on 31 July 13 at 15:33, Edited on 31 July 13 at 15:36 by LuckyKant
    clap

If mistakes like these are being made, the WT managers should not grant editoral / overseeing positions to those who obviously do not make such checks. It is the same when WT's are not done to a high standard.

Clive Barkers Jericho Walkthrough Page 3 - Story walkthrough has to be the worst story WT I have seen on TA.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 13 at 15:35
    Oh God not again facepalm

/flees to TT
  • Posted on 31 July 13 at 16:09
    Please keep the subject to the walkthrough this thread is for.

Thanks.
    Jack of all trades. Minus the trades. Also, not called Jack.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE565,769
    Posted on 31 July 13 at 18:00
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    clap

If mistakes like these are being made, the WT managers should not grant editoral / overseeing positions to those who obviously do not make such checks. It is the same when WT's are not done to a high standard.
    DISCLAIMER: Even though I'm part of the WT Team, please don't see this post as the opinion of everyone in it. This is my post, and no one of the WT Team has anything to do with.
    The overseers do their best to correct every walkthrough as good as possible. Since every human being makes mistakes, so do we. We aren't fucking super robots sent back from the future to erase everything the world has wrong (otherwise I would start with executing certain people). Everyone is fast enough to mention mistakes, but is there one post that said "Well done team, thanks for the effort and your time". I thought not. And you know why? Because you people take it for granted. Every staff member on TA (besides Rich maybe) does not make a single penny on it.
    We are happy with positive words, and along this way I get to know new people who I play games with. Some writers are happy with the way we are overseeing, and so are random people reading the guide to better understand a certain game. If you think we don't do "our jobs" properly; try to combine it with a 2 year old daughter, a house in renovation, a job of 45 hours/week and some spare time. Would you be able to keep it up while people are crying that there were mistakes left in a guide which is actually pretty detailed in every sight.
    If Theo wants to spent his time reading guides, pointing out mistakes that we have missed; I can live with that. But when one guy comes out with an argument that we need to do our fucking jobs better, then I explode. At least Theo does it in a friendly way. You were in one word arrogant.
    TrueAchievement Walkthrough Overseer - Completionist
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 13 at 18:43, Edited on 31 July 13 at 20:23 by
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    You know what, thousands of novels/movies/tv shows are published every year with mistakes in them. It's called being human. What makes us human is that we make mistakes. Believe it or not, people on the walkthrough team are also human.

(edited out some inappropriate text.)
    Posted on 31 July 13 at 20:04
    Mcorbe- have you played this game? This walkthrough is not in the best order. I don't take the help of staff for granted. I have spoken with EMS, rich and drabik on various things. I have always thanked them for their time.

i vary rarely use wts but i am writing as many as possible to help others.

choksie- i am actually editing two walkthroughs and creating one myself. Then i will do that piece of shit, Chris Barkers Jericho. As i said to Theo in a Pm earlier, i will be writing walkthroughs for every game i play it editing the poor ones.

i read on the walkthrough FAQs that a wt has to be a complete guide of the game not a list if achievements. It seems that loads of wts are not good enough.

i do not care if you are paid or a volunteer. I volunteer. At the end of the day, do it right. If you volunteer, don't volunteer if you can not produce something to a high standard.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 13 at 20:20, Edited on 31 July 13 at 20:21 by
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    i do not care if you are paid or a volunteer. I volunteer. At the end of the day, do it right. If you volunteer, don't volunteer if you can not produce something to a high standard.
    I totally agree with you and always give this job my all - but so do a lot of other overseers. By attacking them and coming across is hostile is not the way to get things done.

Maybe next time try and be less abrasive to prevent upsetting other users? We should all be trying to conduct ourselves professionally here, myself included. :)

On-topic: I loved this game but I don't remember a lot about it. If you want an extra pair of editorial hands to work purely on the correctional side of the walkthrough LuckyConquerer, then feel free to shoot me a message.
    Posted on 31 July 13 at 20:54
    Thanks for your advice but I would not criticise a walkthrough for a few spelling mistakes but when they are littered with them, well warning. I apologize for upsetting anyone. There are some excellent walkthroughs on here. Some overseers, editors and writers do a fantastic job but others are awful. Those that were involved in this one, did not do a top class job.

i think you guys misread what i meant. The writers, overseers etc that do not do a good job should not be allowed to work on more walkthroughs.

i used bad company 2 recently and it was great.
    Posted on 31 July 13 at 20:55
    Please forgive any typos. I am using my phone. Which i dislike. A lot.
  • Posted on 31 July 13 at 22:20
    MC0REBE said:
    If you think we don't do "our jobs" properly; try to combine it with a 2 year old daughter, a house in renovation, a job of 45 hours/week and some spare time.
    These are fantastic reasons why some people should not volunteer. If you don't have the time then don't volunteer.

Thanks to those who do though!
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.