The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 30th, 2014

  • Posted on 31 December 14 at 02:01Permalink
    DracoMightyena said:Is retro city rampage any good? Both as a game and achievements.I loved the retro style game play, lots of funny references. Overall I had a great time with it. Achievements really aren't that bad. Deathcam you just need practice as the enemies are always the same. Gold medals in the challenges aren't bad overall, but some are very annoying and require decent skill.
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,864
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 02:33, Edited on 31 December 14 at 18:35 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Countdown to 2015 Deals - Day 1 only Wednesday 31st December 2014
    Xbox 360
    Bioshock Infinite
    - Burial at Sea - Episode 1 in BioShock Infinite 67% off (has achievements)
    - Burial at Sea - Episode 2 in BioShock Infinite 67% off (has achievements)
    Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Collection 75% off (has achievements)
    Titanfall Season Pass 75% off (has achievements)
    Watch_Dogs Season Pass 50% off (has achievements)
    Xbox One
    Dead Rising 3 Season Pass 67% off (has achievements)
    NBA 2K15 35,000 VC, 75,000 VC, 200,000 VC 25% off
    Whistleblower in Outlast 40% off (has achievements)

    Games with Gold (Gold Exclusive) until 16th January 2015
    MX vs. ATV: Alive FREE
    MX vs. ATV: Reflex 50% off
    MX vs. ATV: Untamed 50% off

    Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog

    It's a shame all the days weren't this good, with more add-ons on sale. I have given up waiting for a sale on the Inifinite season pass and will grab Burial at Sea and wait for a sale on Clash in the Clouds.
  • RemekiRemeki2,297,445
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 02:45Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:It's a shame all the days weren't this good, with more add-ons on sale. I have given up waiting for a sale on the Inifinite season pass and will grab Burial at Sea and wait for a sale on Clash in the Clouds.Agreed, and thank you kindly for sharing. The Outlast dlc seems a bit out of place, as it would have made more sense to have that available the same day the core game was on sale.
  • Posted on 31 December 14 at 03:34Permalink
    Just as a note for those people looking at the Bioshock Infinite DLC. Amazon has the complete edition for $24.99 in Canada and the US. I know its a bit more, but it would include Clash in the Clouds in addition to both Burial packs, plus you get an extra copy of the game to sell off/trade in.
  • Posted on 31 December 14 at 03:38Permalink
    The Lego Harry potter Games good enough taers?
  • MaesenkoMaesenko287,021
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 06:34Permalink
    Well, I already own Terraria and I beat every LEGO game in enough time that I can make use of Gamestop's return policy on used titles. So no purchases again for me.

    Might pick up the Watch_Dogs season pass when it hits my main page. Been meaning to go back and finish that thing after my save corrupted.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 31 December 14 at 07:45Permalink
    For that kinda money I may just get both LEGO Harry Potter games, those and the Indiana games are about the only ones previous gen that the missus and I haven't played yet.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • Posted on 31 December 14 at 08:06Permalink
    Lego movie for me. Been waiting for a sale.
    Happy Gaming
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64276,100
  • V3mpV3mp305,341
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 09:57Permalink
    All the lego games to 100%!
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka266,470
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 10:33Permalink
    Phoenix C64 said:HolyHa1fDead said:Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    which is taken from http://majornelson.com/ and http://xbldb.com/

    i am glad this deals are finally over, so you stop spamming your blog propaganda every single post...
    Funny enough, I look forward to his blogs. While skimming this site we all herd to daily, seeing his blog a day before the newshounds do their thing is actually appreciated.

    Any reason why you had to be an ass?
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • Posted on 31 December 14 at 10:47Permalink
    Will we ever see gta cash cards on sale?
  • Sweeting21Sweeting2138,985
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 10:49Permalink
    Has there been a big sale on New Years' Day itself in the past?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,394
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 11:01, Edited on 31 December 14 at 11:02 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    KanjiKoka said:Phoenix C64 said:HolyHa1fDead said:Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    which is taken from http://majornelson.com/ and http://xbldb.com/

    i am glad this deals are finally over, so you stop spamming your blog propaganda every single post...
    Funny enough, I look forward to his blogs. While skimming this site we all herd to daily, seeing his blog a day before the newshounds do their thing is actually appreciated.

    Any reason why you had to be an ass?
    HolyHa1fDead is also a main member of the Sales and Pricing Team here on TA and updates and maintains all the pricing details for games on site for the Sales Hub, which makes creating these articles a lot easier for me. He puts a lot of time and effort into making sure the community gets all the links and pricing for sales on a completely voluntary basis, both through the hub and his blog. If you're nasty to him, I may need to pull your arms off.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64276,100
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 11:06Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:KanjiKoka said:Phoenix C64 said:HolyHa1fDead said:Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    which is taken from http://majornelson.com/ and http://xbldb.com/

    i am glad this deals are finally over, so you stop spamming your blog propaganda every single post...
    Funny enough, I look forward to his blogs. While skimming this site we all herd to daily, seeing his blog a day before the newshounds do their thing is actually appreciated.

    Any reason why you had to be an ass?
    HolyHa1fDead is also a main member of the Sales and Pricing Team here on TA and updates and maintains all the pricing details for games on site for the Sales Hub, which makes creating these articles a lot easier for me. He puts a lot of time and effort into making sure the community gets all the links and pricing for sales on a completely voluntary basis, both through the hub and his blog. If you're nasty to him, I may need to pull your arms off.
    i appretiate his work for the community part of this site, i do not appretiate him spamming his personal blog propaganda into every single sales discussion post.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 31 December 14 at 18:16Permalink
    I hope bad things happen to anyone who didn't get Spec Ops because they without a doubt deserve it
    Don't be a lemon, be a rose bud.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,864
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 18:27, Edited on 31 December 14 at 19:24 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Phoenix C64 said:i appretiate his work for the community part of this site, i do not appretiate him spamming his personal blog propaganda into every single sales discussion post.Ok Phoenix, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but here's a few of mine.

    1. I don't force anyone to go to my blog, I post all the details right here so you don't have to click the link if you don't want to.
    2. I only post here if someone hasn't already posted the full list, usually the Xbox One deals are missing.
    3. My blog usually comes out before Major Nelsons. I also try and beat other sites such as xba, hopefully bringing more people to TA. Now that does sound like propaganda ;)
    4. Yes, you can go to xbldb.com, there has always been a link to it on my blog. What I do is sort out the raw list into the various sales and add anything they missed.
    5. Not everyone lives in the US, so I add regional variations that won't appear on xbldb.com. I also add other sales that sometimes are not covered anywhere else.
    6. My blog is "unofficial" and does contain some speculation (although I have personally confirmed that each sale currently is live). TA can't run the news item until the sale becomes "official". I have seen items go on sale by mistake (even for free) only to be withdrawn or have the price changed hours later.
    7. I spent 3 hours on Christmas Eve gathering together all the sales from various sources so that the TA community didn't miss anything, and had accurate pricing information. Major Nelson just dumped everything into a big long list that missed out on some sales, contained mistakes and didn't seperate out when the various sales would finish.

    I don't get anything out of my blog, just an occassional and much appreciated thank you and a few followers which makes it all worthwhile (and thanks Chewie and all the others for your positive feedback and support). Also a big shout out to the rest of the Game Info team that work tirelessly behind the scenes.

    Happy New Year TA'ers toast

    Happy New Year Hat FREE avatar item - taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog ;)
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64276,100
    Posted on 31 December 14 at 20:33Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:1. I don't force anyone to go to my blog.
    7. I spent 3 hours on Christmas Eve gathering together all the sales from various sources
    nobody forces you to spend your time doing it.

    anyone else would get a warning for spamming his personal shit in every single post. i don't see why you should be any different

    the proof that you post just for self interest in getting more visitors to your blog, is the fact you post not only the info (which i admit is very good and well written) but also the link to YOUR blog. i wouldnt have said a word if you didn't include that link.

    if you REALLY wanted to do this for the community and not yourself, why don't you get yourself into a position in the TA staff that would allow you to post all that super-early info onto the TA main site, instead just your blog, hum? they always post sales news with a 8-12h. delay compared to other sites (including your blog) so why don't you work with them so they have the stuff on their site ASAP? now THAT would be awesome!
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 31 December 14 at 20:59Permalink
    Phoenix C64 said:HolyHa1fDead said:1. I don't force anyone to go to my blog.
    7. I spent 3 hours on Christmas Eve gathering together all the sales from various sources
    nobody forces you to spend your time doing it.

    anyone else would get a warning for spamming his personal shit in every single post. i don't see why you should be any different

    the proof that you post just for self interest in getting more visitors to your blog, is the fact you post not only the info (which i admit is very good and well written) but also the link to YOUR blog. i wouldnt have said a word if you didn't include that link.

    if you REALLY wanted to do this for the community and not yourself, why don't you get yourself into a position in the TA staff that would allow you to post all that super-early info onto the TA main site, instead just your blog, hum? they always post sales news with a 8-12h. delay compared to other sites (including your blog) so why don't you work with them so they have the stuff on their site ASAP? now THAT would be awesome!
    He did that, and the Game Info team appreciates it greatly. Either way, if you have an issue with a user (staff or otherwise) you believe is spamming personal promotions (blogs, sites, etc.), please report it to the Moderation Team to be properly handled. Thanks.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,864
    Posted on 01 January 15 at 00:17, Edited on 01 January 15 at 00:31 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Phoenix C64 said:HolyHa1fDead said:1. I don't force anyone to go to my blog.
    7. I spent 3 hours on Christmas Eve gathering together all the sales from various sources
    nobody forces you to spend your time doing it.
    You are correct, I am volunteer just like all the other TA staff.

    Phoenix C64 said:if you REALLY wanted to do this for the community and not yourself, why don't you get yourself into a position in the TA staff that would allow you to post all that super-early info onto the TA main site, instead just your blog, hum? they always post sales news with a 8-12h. delay compared to other sites (including your blog) so why don't you work with them so they have the stuff on their site ASAP? now THAT would be awesome!Perhaps you have missed this part of the main site - TrueAchievements Sales Hub (you can find the link in the Main Menu, and at the top of my blog). I put together my blog while adding the sale prices for 7 different regions to the Sales Hub (unless another member of the team has already done it, in which case my role is to double check the info). With a very large sale, this can sometimes take me 3 hours.

    So if you want to see all the latest sale prices 8-12 hours before an "official" (ie confirmed by an announcement from Microsoft) TA news item, check the TrueAchievements Sales Hub.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.