Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Contrast Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 07 February 14 at 15:52
    Please use this thread to discuss the Contrast walkthrough
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth243,324
    Posted on 23 June 14 at 14:26
    This walkthrough is looking for a new owner. If interested, please either post in this thread or drop me a PM; no work has been done on it.

Cheers
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 01:58
    I've taken over this walkthrough. It should be live within the week. Already done with Act I, will work on the other two acts as soon as I get a moment.
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 05:03
    I am thinking about including videos in the guide. If anyone has any other suggestions or requests, let me know :)
  • Posted on 07 August 14 at 22:04, Edited on 08 August 14 at 00:00 by Exalted Entity
    Act II is now done. Working on Act III. Might include a separate collectibles only page depending on if I see the need for it.

If anyone has any more suggestions or requests let me know, as today might be the final day before I submit my guide. Tomorrow at the latest.

Edit: Submitted for review now.
  • Information
    Posted on 21 August 14 at 12:18, Edited on 19 April 16 at 10:09 by Mystic Typh00n
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here:
    Contrast (Xbox 360) Walkthrough
  • Posted on 21 August 14 at 18:54
    Alright guys, let me know if there is anything you would like any added to this walkthrough. I hope you enjoy it and get fast achievements :D
  • Chrisli128Chrisli128562,317
    Posted on 22 August 14 at 06:30, Edited on 22 August 14 at 06:31 by Chrisli128
    I haven't play the game, but I did find a small problem (or not).

In Act 2 some of the video link show up like this:
    "http://youtu.be/ "Instead of
    "http://www.youtube.com/ "so those video doesn't show up on Walkthrough.

Is that you want to put a link to let player click it to watch on youtube?
    (same to Xbox One Walkthrough)
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE590,069
    Posted on 22 August 14 at 06:49
    Chrisli128 said:I haven't play the game, but I did find a small problem (or not).

In Act 2 some of the video link show up like this:
    "http://youtu.be/ "Instead of
    "http://www.youtube.com/ "so those video doesn't show up on Walkthrough.

Is that you want to put a link to let player click it to watch on youtube?
    (same to Xbox One Walkthrough)
    I'll fix that when I get home mate, thanks for sharing.
    Walkthrough Assistant Manager - We work in the dark to serve the light - ENGORGE!
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 07:08
    Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out. They were not originally like that. Not sure what happened to them.

Let me know if you end up being able to fix them MC.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,519,837
    Posted on 25 September 14 at 12:48, Edited on 25 September 14 at 14:52 by scotwolf2
    Hi, I might just be me being daft but I cannot see luminary number 7 on the walkthrough for act 2. Am I missing something simple,
    The guide goes from 1 to 6 and 8 to 15.
    Great guide really helped me
    P.S. do I need all of the luminaries for any achievements, so if I miss one or two I can still 100% the game.

Thanks again

Edit.... just completed act 2 and had 15 luminaries anyway.
    I used your guide so 7 must have been right in my path.

Are the achievements GLITCHY as in act 2 when I completed it I didn't get handy person. Hopefully it'll pop later. Have you heard anything like this from anyone else.

Great guide one more act to go,
    scotwolf2
  • Posted on 19 November 14 at 10:50
    Nope, I have not heard of the achievements being glitchy at all.

Sorry about the late reply, the forums never gave me a notification about a reply...
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy570,216
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 00:39, Edited on 31 January 15 at 01:11 by JMJimmy
    For:
    Contrast (Xbox 360)Now That's Thinking With ShadowsThe Now That's Thinking With Shadows achievement in Contrast (Xbox 360) worth 12 pointsUnlocked when the player clears the Void Jump on their first attempt.

It's worth noting that if you miss on your first attempt you can simply pause, restart from last save, and you'll be back in the manager's office. The achievement will still unlock since the failed attempt is not saved.

- (8 of 10) through (10 of 10) are missing for Act 1.

- "cut out" - cutout is one word.

- The section that starts with "Then, after the above achievement, go along the road until you get to a gramophone in the middle of the street." Should be merged with this text: "Go back and to the right side of the building". The wooden breakable is immediately to the left of the gramophone so it's silly to run there, then back, then there and back again.

- The section beginning "So what you want to do is jump onto the lowest horse" is missing (7 of 15) which is on the platform when it says "Shift out, and jump onto the top of the carousel" (before jumping)

- The text "Shift in again at the end and walk across the rope to the other platform. Jump to the next platform and shift in again, and make your way across the shadows again. On the other side, shift out, go down the stairs, and head straight to the interact-able under the umbrella. Interact with the bottle to obtain:" is very confusing for what you need to do. It should also contain a warning NOT to interact with the balloon or it makes
    Contrast (Xbox 360)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Contrast (Xbox 360) worth 12 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    missable.

- The text "After going into the alley directly after the bridge" should be "Go right down the street directly after the bridge"

- The text: "Once it ends, head from where you are towards the right and past the big red pathway" was rather confusing since you're facing away from the path you need to go towards and there are multiple exits from the area you land in. "Once it ends, head towards the Chiaroscuro sign to your right"
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • xDaffxDaff461,518
    Posted on 19 April 16 at 09:43
    Really useful walkthrough, so thanks for that. My only comment would be to bold collectibles to make them easier to see.
  • Kung Fu RikiKung Fu Riki216,644
    Posted on 25 May 19 at 18:59
    xDaff said:
    Really useful walkthrough, so thanks for that. My only comment would be to bold collectibles to make them easier to see.
    Yeah I agree collectibles in bold would help. Luminaries are not achievement related so they wouldn't need to be bold.

Great guide otherwise.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.