Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail DLC Roundup: January 31st, 2012

• punkyliarpunkyliar214,718
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic492,630
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:17
    So there are no new achievements for Dead Island? Wack. I'll take a pass then.
  • Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:20
    So excited for the Dead Island DLC, however, I don't see a rush for it since I'm buying new games and getting Bastion (finally). I'll get it as soon as I can, though. Hopefully as a Deal of the Week.
  • Ali060Ali060986,295
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:22
    I thought the Ryder White DLC would have achievements.

I also thought the Cain Velasquez Workout Pack for UFC Personal Trainer would as well especially as the free DLC came with an achievement it seems odd that the one you have to pay for doesn't.
    Hello Sexy ;)
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,770,740
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:28
    800 MSP for the Ryder White DLC for Dead Island and no achievements. Oh well, no purchase....
  • Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:29, Edited on 31 January 12 at 22:33 by Fiire Fist Ace
    W*NK*RS BRINGING THE RYDER WHITE DLC OUT WITHOUT ACHIEVEMENTS I MEAN COME ON WHO BRINGS CAMPAIGN DLC OUT WITOUT ACHIEVEMENTS DO THEY REALISE THE AMOUNT OF SALES THEY JUST LOST OUT ON!!!!!! oh well saves me 800 ms points to buy something else
    r.martin
  • paddycfc22paddycfc22513,715
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:31
    Would love achieves for dead island add on but will still get it when it's half the price
    Poon
  • psxfreak101psxfreak101187,935
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:31
    Heh. Not that I have WWE '12 to find out or anything, but I wonder if the Brodus Clay available is the highly entertaining FUNKAAAAAAAASAURUSSSSSS that made his debut a month ago, or Alberto Del Rio's generic bodyguard #33736/protege from NXT. I'm going to assume the latter, but it would be awesome if it were indeed the Funkasaurus.
  • SilentRich69SilentRich69830,136
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:38
    I find the lack of achievements disturbing.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:43
    Dissapointed that there was no achievements for the Dead Island DLC, I bought it anyway though as I liked the game and it does offer more to the story and more in-game items. I'm sure it will be worth my points
    Oddworld X
  • ErunionErunion184,736
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:46
    Very disappointed that Namco lied about the DLC situation on SC5. facepalm
  • Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:51
    REALLY!!! No chevos for dead island DLC that sucks, may get it on deal... very cheap deal...maybe! :(
    "Dying is easy its living thats hard"
  • REDZERO UKREDZERO UK377,993
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:51, Edited on 31 January 12 at 22:52 by REDZERO UK
    What an utterly stupid design decision by the Dead Island developers to release campaing DLC without achievements. It's a cash cow for them and sells it whether it's good or not. I love the game but I would like a reward for having spent my time on it. I won't be buying this until very cheap, which for me is a shame :(
  • Barad 007Barad 007803,700
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 22:55
    Dead Island DLC should have had achievements, what a shame.
  • Posted on 31 January 12 at 23:03, Edited on 31 January 12 at 23:04 by Senior Chupon
    What, if anything, has Square-Enix said about the possibility of all these pre-order DLC being released later? I didn't have the time or money right now to pre-order FFXIII-2, but I'd like to get it later when I clear up some time and have some funds, but it'd be a real bummer to miss out on some DLC.
  • Daft ScotDaft Scot160,926
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 23:04
    They had achievements for the MULTIPLAYER Bloodbath Arena DLC but none for the campaign Ryder White DLC. I hate you, Techland. I hate you all.
  • Posted on 31 January 12 at 23:23
    ... OH NOES NO ACHIEVEMENTS!!!!!

Funny that a great many people would complain that there ARE achievements for it.....

I may or may not get it but it having achievements won't be a dealbreaker for me. But again, that's just me.
    I'm not as random as you think I salad
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,116,555
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 23:24
    RB3 but that's about it for me.
  • wbswbs932,707
    Posted on 31 January 12 at 23:55
    no fucking achievements for the Ryder White campaign you have got to be kidding me damn I am going to end up getting this anyway because this is my girlfriend's favorite game and I hate buying achievementless DLC I don't want to play it anymore
  • spletchiespletchie604,646
    Posted on 01 February 12 at 00:05
    I have to admit that while I'm not OUTRAGED that there are no achievements for the Dead Island DLC, I do find it strange that there aren't any - especially considering how that would have most likely tipped the scales towards more purchases. I was on the fence about this DLC (not a huge fan of the game) but was considering it due to having more achievements to go for...but now that there are none, I guess I've saved myself 800msp.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.