Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Multiple To-Do Lists

AuthorMessage
Geoffistopheles
Posted on 06 May 13 at 22:24
I think just from the title needing the word multiple that it would have to be a Pro account exclusive, but then I haven't even gotten to the meat of it yet.

Currently, I take part in a contest of sorts involving randomizing 25 achievements to attempt to earn within a month. Naturally, this means each month, I'm clearing out the list and adding random ones.

Previously, however, I was using the to-do list for a separate purpose - keeping track of all the games I've started, but haven't beaten, by adding the "you beat the game" achievement. Another option I've toyed with is adding solo achievements that would result in a completion.

Just a thought of using the Pro account as "more of what you currently have" to give up to three separate lists, and possibly the ability to title them.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 07 May 13 at 11:53
I like this idea, along with other suggestions for more options for organising and filtering achievements on the To-Do List(s)
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 07 May 13 at 14:02
I could certainly use multiple to-do lists. +1
Team Juans
Team Juans
Posted on 07 May 13 at 17:15
I would love this.
Being able to manage my lists into eg
single/multi
grind
old games/games currently playing.

It would be ace - then I could visit the list to suit my mood!
Freamwhole
Freamwhole
Posted on 27 June 13 at 14:15
Totally agree - making lists is great and I could see a ton of functionality that could be applied. I would get a ton of use out of this and think it would make a great addition to the site.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 27 June 13 at 15:01
I am also encouraging this. Also, multiple wishlists!

Division of Games Wish List
Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
Humpyrton
Humpyrton
Posted on 20 July 13 at 03:26
+1
Snow Camo Kid
Snow Camo Kid
Posted on 22 July 13 at 12:38
+1 as well.

I'm currently trying to 100% all my favorite IP's, so it'd be good if i could have a To-Do list with all Assassins Creed games together, and know what % i have left to collect over the series.
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 23 July 13 at 13:10
+1
with the ability to name/tag TODO lists :)
Developer, Photographer, Gamer, Geek
Geoffistopheles
Posted on 31 July 13 at 20:22
Considering I'm now using unpublished blog posts to keep lists of achievements so I don't have to waste time finding all the games I haven't finished the campaign or close to completion and it was just brought up again... can I +1 myself?

No? Oh, fine.

Glad I'm not the only one who would see use out of it!
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 01 August 13 at 12:40
I'd want a To-Do list for everything I want to get today; one for everything I have prepared and could get in a matter of minutes; and one for everything I need to get to reach my goals.
Xtowers
Xtowers
Posted on 28 May 14 at 16:15
I have a need for multiple to-do lists. I'd like to see this added as a pro account feature.
zzUrbanSpaceman
Posted on 31 May 14 at 06:51, Edited on 31 May 14 at 06:52 by zzUrbanSpaceman
+1

Similar to the OP, I'm involved in two contests involving random achievements, and the to-do list is about the only way to pick a random achievement from your own games, so it's the obvious place to set up this sort of list. Until you want two of them. ;)

Additional things that would be nice for the to-do list:

a) a "Copy achievement list to new blog post" button.
b) a "Fill your to-do list with random achievements" button; bonus points for a "Add 10 random achievements" button or the like.
c) more sorting and filtering options.
d) option to specifically not add discontinued or unobtainable achievements, and possibly "unflagged" achievements too.
e) option to select a ratio range (e.g. above 2.0, or under 1.5, etc) of random achievement(s) to add.
f) historical information on what was added, removed, and unlocked.
I don't exist.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 31 May 14 at 11:17, Edited on 31 May 14 at 11:18 by Twinkling82
I am gonna go further now and say I want to be able to make usernamed lists of achievements too. Reason? When I've played a game for a while, I want to do the multiplayer achievements and trophies so I can get them out of the way so I don't have to worry later on if the game looses multiplayer. And I am already using my to-do list to something.

a) Yeah I could use this too, but yet not. IF this is implemented, I want it to be more advanced than that. "Copy all remaining achievements to blog" followed a page where I can sort the achievements in a list, preferably with an option to comment in between. that will do the field work for my blog posts when I try and finish off a game.

b) Yeah, adding 25 achievements to the to-do list is a hazzle. Click..wait.. click...wait..click. A box where you add a number will suffice and I reckon, easy to code.

d) This is what I want the "mark game as finished" option to do. If marking the game as finished, achievements (and trophies) for the game will not be added to to-do list when adding randoms.
Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
matdan
matdan
Posted on 01 June 14 at 08:28
+1
Al Soure
Al Soure
Posted on 04 June 14 at 03:43
+1.

I'm not a pro, so I wouldn't have access if this goes pro exclusive, yet the idea is great smile
We are resting and saving ourselves to be bright - For the Jellicle Moon and the Jellicle Ball
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 29 February 16 at 12:48
This definitely needs revisiting now we have voting.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 29 February 16 at 15:43
Indeed
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Team Juans
Team Juans
Posted on 21 March 16 at 19:38
I would love multiple to do lists especially if, as someone said above, we could title them ourselves..
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 30 March 16 at 10:52
Yes, yes, yes!

MP Boosting to-do list
SP Grinding to-do list
Specific Date to-do list
When I finally get a drum kit to-do list
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.