The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 23rd, 2014

• d3nn1s99999d3nn1s99999976,687
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 18:13
    GAMERx420x4LIFE said:Mo the Surfer said:Grab the Mass Effect sales while you can, they aren't on sale that often!

The Orange Box is another deal - something you don't see every week!
    You must be kidding on The Orange Box, i have seen it on sale atleast 4 times in the past few months...i bet it will be FREE VERY SOON...
    http://xbldb.com/offers/005-645

The last time it has been on sale was February 2014
    Before that it was on sale twice in 2013.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE490,518
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 18:18
    Gah been meaning to clear out ME3 since the last time they put the DLC on piecemeal sale haha
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 18:22
    Now to just find a group to finish Syndicate with!
    This space for rent.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 14 at 18:59
    Cellar Attic said:At long last, the Mass Effect 3 DLC sale I've been waiting for. Rejoice, ye dogs!Same here, been waiting months and months, ME 3 here I come smile
    Excuse me while I whip this out
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 19:03
    Yes!!!! Just started playing Mass Effect 3 and the DLC goes on discount. smile
    Twitter: @TA_Treezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 19:20
    I take this as meaning there should be a Mass Effect trilogy soon with all DLC included. Trying to squeeze every cent out at every turn. I can smell it.
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 19:27
    Time to finish Mass Effect 3.
    Not enough cheese. Consider this a warning.
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 19:35
    ChefHEISENBERGx said:I take this as meaning there should be a Mass Effect trilogy soon with all DLC included. Trying to squeeze every cent out at every turn. I can smell it.You mean for the Xbox One, I doubt they will release another package for the xbox 360 because there already is one (Mass Effect Trilogy) and it includes 0 dlc ROFL.
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,046,337
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 19:48
    Pretty good timing seeing as I just borrowed ME3 off a friend and didn't really want to shell out over 30 quid for all the DLC.
    @CatatonicNali - Prime directives: 1. Serve the public trust. 2. Protect the innocent. 3. Uphold the law.
  • Weiderman316Weiderman316161,741
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 19:48
    Sensei Neo said:Marc Pilkington said:A lot of Mass Effect fans will be happy at this sale :P

And I read something the other day about the trilogy coming to Xbox One "very soon" (that could mean anything these days). Who knows how true that is but with the DLC on sale I'm thinking...coincidence!?
    Please please let this be true...
    If that is true, and The Master Chief Collection coming out in November, all I'll need is for the Bioshock Trilogy to come out on Xbox One! One can hope can't they?
  • MarekVitMarekVit512,382
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 19:54
    What, none of the X1 games on sale are available in my region????? Seriously?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,140,359
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 20:25
    Ueki420 said:Was discussing Syndicate with a couple buddies but I'm tired of M$ and all of the problems so I don't think I'll be getting anything this week. At least people can get the ME3 DLC on sale as the game ended up disappointing terribly.

Edit: Not only is Overlord missing on ME2 but so is the Zaeed DLC....
    Zaeed is part of the Cerberus pass (Online Pass) which is free now.
  • LegohaulicLegohaulic43,320
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 20:31
    Finished getting the last piece of ME2 DLC, cant wait to play Lair of the Shadow Broker, I already know how it ends, both ways, but still, should be amazing
    What's a signature?
  • MaesenkoMaesenko313,595
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 20:32
    Honestly, I didn't even bother looking at what the sale percentage was for Omega. I bought it on the spot, since it's the only one I didn't have. I can finally complete ME3 (and do my Insanity run)!

I'll hold off and debate Syndicate for a while. Everything else I care about I have on disc.
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 20:36
    To quote our Easter Egg feature on Syndicate:

Syndicate is too good of a game for shooter fans to miss. Period. Full stop. End of sentence.For $5 you are officially a hater of fun if you don't give this a go.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • mosin360mosin360741,974
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 20:44
    I'll be passing on these. Quite excited for Castlestorm to be released tomorrow.
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
  • AkirakornAkirakorn235,066
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 20:52
    So ME2's DLC is $19 (including Overlord) and ME3's is $25. So that's $44 in DLC....

...gasp!

(Or an even $50 if you include ME1)
  • Meat WisdomMeat Wisdom244,330
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 20:58
    Yeah, Mass Effect DLC goes on sale so rarely you're best off grabbing whatever isn't on sale as well, unless you're hell bent on waiting. When Citadel went on sale back in January, I grabbed Omega at full price because I had no idea when the next sale would be, and was tired of waiting. Had I known the next sale would be the end of September, I'd have been tempted to wait, but I still stand by my decision.

Overall (counting this time), I think Leviathan has been on sale three times, Omega twice, and Citadel twice (and this time has been the first time they've all been on sale at the same time). The first time Omega was on sale was last July, and it was tucked into the Kinect section so I never even noticed it despite checking the sale list every week.
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 21:23
    where is the US deal thingy? Amazon Best Buy Target and so on?
    If I.Q test were mandatory to vote, Obama would not be President!
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator265,501
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 21:33
    Finally!! Just need to grab Ashes and Omega and done with that (plus 3 Achievements in the main game...)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.