The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 23rd, 2014

• Posted on 23 September 14 at 21:52
    What's the story with 1001 Spikes, how is it they can get away with charging even $10 for those Atari graphics? I know that's not the only thing important about a game, but the gameplay surely must be from the early 90s as well. What am I missing here? ID@Xbox seems like a bit of a dud if they get to sell every half bit Indie game for $15. $1-2 sure, but 15 full price and 10 on sale, they must be joking.
  • Wicked JeiWicked Jei515,461
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 22:54
    waited at least a year for a mass effect dlc sale and they don't even have overlord included. ):
  • Exia Of WarExia Of War110,506
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 23:06
    Already 100% the trilogy, but good for those who haven't
  • LockieLockie546,258
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 00:35
    Nice! I bought ME3 a few months ago and have been waiting for a DLC sale before I start it.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • G0DLY 5NiPeRG0DLY 5NiPeR463,156
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 01:44
    I'll consider picking up Syndicate again, but I had nothing but bad experiences with it last time (which is why I traded it in).
  • Posted on 24 September 14 at 01:58
    Ugh... When are the DLCs I want going on Sale? Put Battlefield BC 2, Battlefield 3, Dragon age 2, Deadspace 3, Bioshock 2, and Halo 4 DLC on sale!!!!
  • Karachi KingKarachi King1,545,677
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 02:01
    MashedPeas11 said:Finally! Although why is ME2's Overlord DLC not on sale? Peculiar.It's not the first time Overlord has been overlooked during sales. :(
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 September 14 at 04:31
    KnucklesNorwood said:Community racing genre fans should grab GRID Autosport at the price of $20.99 USD. Pretty good deal imo. It's a fun racing game but there are some elements that Codemasters overlooked during development that could have made this an exceptional racing game. Five unique disciplines keeps the gameplay interesting. The SP career offers hours of content which is a nice change to other racing games' Careers, unless we are discussing Forza Motorsport.

Anyone who passed up buying this game because of the save game corruptions (July 2- August 28) can now be assured that the game save progress works fine today with no need of backing up files. Completionists should find a boosting buddy to help with the "I stopped counting" achievement unlock (reach online level 250, all disciplines combined). It's a big time investment which may have you calling this game GRIND Autosport so for you completionists out there, you've been warned !!

Overall personal opinion is if you like racing games this is a good buy at $20.99.
    I disagree because I love racing games, but find this game a total ripoff even at that price.

The career mode is a total snooze fest, it's the same races on the same tracks, it's so repetitive and takes far to long to do, even more so if you're going for the achievements. The corner cutting penalties are way off, I mean sometimes you get penalised for putting 1 wheel over the inside corner, but other times you can put all 4 wheels over and get no penalty.

The gameplay tries hard to be simulation, but it's still an arcade racer just on real world tracks, the AI is the usual rubber banded crap. They camera views are horrible, the in car viewpoint is so blurry that it hurt my eyes looking at it, and the far viewpoint is to close to the back of the car making it hard to see at times. There's far to many loading screens in career and especially in multiplayer where you spent just as much time loading or in menu's as you do on the track.

The DLC is the biggest rort and one of the DLC packs (boost pack) won't download in my region even though it took my money, and it's the worst overpriced DLC since well their last Grid game.

Then there's the above mentioned corrupt save problem that took them over 6 weeks to fix, and they made a season pass available for the PS3 owners to save a bit of money, but never offered one to us 360 owners that I'm aware of.

If you're a completionist stay well away. Why they would want to put people through getting 5 million xp for an achievement (I was only earning 3,500 per race) is just plain cruelty and makes you hate the game and Codemasters for it, but you can see why they did it after they released the Boost Pack DLC shortly after they released the game to scam money out of people.

That's just my unbiased opinion (as I have played every Codemasters racing games) and I feel that this game was rushed and designed to make people buy the DLC to finish the game quicker.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • TalvalinTalvalin265,140
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 05:42
    I waited three years for another ME2 DLC sale, got bored of waiting and bought Lair of the Shadow Broker at full price last month. Dammit.
  • Posted on 24 September 14 at 07:02
    I doubt a One remaster trilogy of ME would come with the DLC, as they are being real stingy with it, since they could have totally sold me a GOTY version of both 2 and 3, if they had bothered with making them (and I was hoping after the GH version of ME 1. I have the retail thousands for all of them + the Suckeed DLC, so I'm good with that.
    Your financial solution
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0301,963
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 08:10, Edited on 24 September 14 at 08:11 by Iceman2pnt0
    Cellar Attic said:At long last, the Mass Effect 3 DLC sale I've been waiting for. Rejoice, ye dogs!Yes!!! toast

A huge ME DLC sale has been a long time coming, but unfortunately its incomplete without the ME DLC and ME2's Overlord (which thankfully I bought on sale years ago). Luckily all I need is Arrival, Omega, and Leviathan and I'll finally have them all! For those wanting the other DLC not currently on sale just be aware that ME DLC is erratic when it comes to sales. It may show up on sale once or twice in a year and then not be on sale for 2 years or more.
    If you want real change vote with your wallet.
  • iM JacKiM JacK46,017
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 08:58
    • Contrast (Xbox One) - 33% offPurchased smile
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • Posted on 24 September 14 at 10:02
    From all the comments I'm seeing, it's probably a good idea for me to get the ME dlc. It'll be a while before I get to it though. I know I'm way behind the times, but I'm finally playing through ME 1.
  • FoxHound22FoxHound22163,264
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 11:20
    I'm so happy most of Mass Effect's DLC is up for grabs. I've been waiting a while for these DLCs to go on sale. What truly awesome picks for DLC to put on sale. Thank You! Microsoft, Xbox, or whoever the hell made the decision
    FoxHound22
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip364,378
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 11:27
    So damn happy to see that dlc.
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII385,543
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 12:02
    I do believe this is the first time I can recall seeing Mass Effect 2 DLC being discounted.
  • slayde13slayde13184,291
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 13:35
    Omega shall be mine!!!!!! smile
    pondering if I should get syndicate.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo261,497
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 17:05
    Lair of the Shadow Broker was the best DLC made for any game additional story, locations, I still remember fighting to get into the ship. Its a great week for ME fans.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • FoBoFoBo369,564
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 21:25
    xShoot4WarAmpsx said:Ugh... When are the DLCs I want going on Sale? Put Battlefield BC 2, Battlefield 3, Dragon age 2, Deadspace 3, Bioshock 2, and Halo 4 DLC on sale!!!!I know all of this (except the DA2) has been on sale, as I tend to only buy dlc on sale and have them all!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead603,197
    Posted on 25 September 14 at 01:59, Edited on 25 September 14 at 02:19 by HolyHalfDead
    Armstrong x360a said:Wow, I just checked and Gamestop still has Orange Box at $35, might just have to pick that up to finish off some portal challenges. Also, definitely in for ME3 DLC.I picked up the Orange Box GoD when it was on sale for $2 (160 MSP) back in July 2013 :P I miss MSP :(

RedDeadKBII said:I do believe this is the first time I can recall seeing Mass Effect 2 DLC being discounted.Takes me back to the Countdown to 2011 deals, when Arrival and Shadow Broker were $2.50 each. But if you have been waiting for these I wouldn't risk waiting to see if they will show up cheaper in the Countdown to 2015 sale.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.