Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Game of the Year - Stats Round Up

AuthorMessage
Clever Jake
Clever Jake
Posted on 30 January 15 at 12:32
Including the top 50 games

Please click here to read the story: Game of the Year - Stats Round Up
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 30 January 15 at 12:35
An excellent turn out of voters. Thanks, community! clap
Mame Tobikomi!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 30 January 15 at 12:44
Stick Of Truth was cute an all, but first? C'mon now.

DSII was by far and wide the best game of 2014 (possibly top 10 of all time), on any console ever...
Ackter
Ackter
Posted on 30 January 15 at 12:47
Can't believe Borderlands got so many votes. Massively disappointing game, like a poor BL2 dlc pack, but artificially lengthened by adding 40 fetch quests as far away from each other as possible.
SaucySlingo
SaucySlingo
Posted on 30 January 15 at 12:52
Supprised by titanfall. Might have to pay it.
~Saucy
mkdfan1990
mkdfan1990
Posted on 30 January 15 at 12:53
Great stats, some awesome games came out last year.
Jerick85
Jerick85
Posted on 30 January 15 at 12:55
Thank you for these results, always interesting :)
Trying to increase completion percentage.
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 30 January 15 at 13:02
Surprised the Telltale franchises didn't fair very well, thought they would have been in Top 20 or something. My gem of the year was Constant C, he didn't make any list but I really enjoyed it nonetheless.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
DOOM The Return
Posted on 30 January 15 at 13:04
Awesome list. More ammunition for arguing for my games! laugh
My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
Judg3mentDrag0n
Posted on 30 January 15 at 13:16
Very Interesting results. Few surprises, but hey, everyone has their own favourites

toast
osubluejacket
osubluejacket
Posted on 30 January 15 at 13:40, Edited on 30 January 15 at 13:49 by osubluejacket
Since it seemed really popular on both platforms, would I be correct in my assertion that splitting the votes between the Xbox 360 and the One versions are what kept Dragon Age: Inquisition out of the Top RPG award?

EDIT - I did a bit of quick checking into some of the stats and saw that if you added the percentages of the Xbox 360 votes (.643%) with the votes for the One version (5.006%) DA:I would have edged out Stick of Truth (5.649% to 5.596%)... splitting hairs, though.

That being said, if we applied that across all of the games, Destiny would have been our game of the year runner up with the One version garnering (5.857%) and the 360 version getting (1.47%) for a total of 7.327% which would have beat out Halo.

Number are fun. toast
TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
Dog Day Psycho
Posted on 30 January 15 at 13:57
It's been another disappointing year, from my perspective anyway. I found Alien: Isolation to be the only game that really stood out this year as a truly fantastic game. Murdered : Soul Suspect was also interesting if a little short and clunky but at lest it was something a little different from the uninspiring mass.
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 30 January 15 at 14:01
Although Halo MCC was completely and utterly broken on release (and even weeks after...now going on months...roll) I am definitely satisfied with the fact that it did one thing: beat Destiny.

laugh
Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
Memo
Memo
Posted on 30 January 15 at 14:02
osubluejacket said:Since it seemed really popular on both platforms, would I be correct in my assertion that splitting the votes between the Xbox 360 and the One versions are what kept Dragon Age: Inquisition out of the Top RPG award?

EDIT - I did a bit of quick checking into some of the stats and saw that if you added the percentages of the Xbox 360 votes (.643%) with the votes for the One version (5.006%) DA:I would have edged out Stick of Truth (5.649% to 5.596%)... splitting hairs, though.

That being said, if we applied that across all of the games, Destiny would have been our game of the year runner up with the One version garnering (5.857%) and the 360 version getting (1.47%) for a total of 7.327% which would have beat out Halo.

Number are fun. toast
Especially 69.... smile
Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
Schwifty Dayman
Posted on 30 January 15 at 14:05
Dog Day Psycho said:It's been another disappointing year, from my perspective anyway. I found Alien: Isolation to be the only game that really stood out this year as a truly fantastic game. Murdered : Soul Suspect was also interesting if a little short and clunky but at lest it was something a little different from the uninspiring mass.Agreed with alien, surprised that hardly anyone has played it.
GrantX360
GrantX360
Posted on 30 January 15 at 14:16
The votes system is great but there will be a natural skew towards popular games, which doesn't necessarily mean better.

for example TitanFall has been played by 89,747 people on this site. So the maximum votes it could is far higher than Dragon Age which has around 34,000.

The fact Titanfall didn't get as many No.1 votes is interesting given it had 3 times the players. Also the fact that Titanfall is a decent game many people (myself included) would have had it in the top 5. So it was a winner by quantity more than quality.
KiNG CaRL 2012
Posted on 30 January 15 at 14:18
Crying Cola said:Dog Day Psycho said:It's been another disappointing year, from my perspective anyway. I found Alien: Isolation to be the only game that really stood out this year as a truly fantastic game. Murdered : Soul Suspect was also interesting if a little short and clunky but at lest it was something a little different from the uninspiring mass.Agreed with alien, surprised that hardly anyone has played it.I loved Alien (Correction am still loving) it was my number 2 game after South Park for games this year.
Cooke4LadyByng
Posted on 30 January 15 at 14:32
South Park....what a joke.
If I.Q test were mandatory to vote, Obama would not be President!
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 30 January 15 at 14:50
I like the amount of good new ip's last year :)
iseedeadgamers
Posted on 30 January 15 at 15:12
I still think MCC doesn't deserve that high of a spot. Still all the other top games I played do deserve those spots.

Regardless '14 was not a great year in game. Here is hoping '15 will do much better.
Don't cry over spilled milk, it could have been whiskey. - Pappy Maverick
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.