Game Discussion: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DLC collections problem!!!

• Magasta666Magasta666265,210
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 08:09
    I was able to download Collection 1 and 2 successfully, but the third one just refuses to work. Raise enough hell and Activision will address it.
  • tornprince2012tornprince20121,329,909
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 20:09
    Chaotic Fiasco, great update, thanks! We'll wait and see what and when Activision will do in the nearest future.
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 23:30
    I knew I should have downloaded Collection 3 the same day I purchased it, but I was busy that day and had to get to a meeting on the other side of campus. I figured I could have just downloaded it later, but now I can't.
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 23:31
    I will be monitoring this forum and the story on GI. Hopefully Activision or IW fixes this.
  • MemoMemo353,444
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 14:03
    Collection 2 downloaded fine for me too, just having the same problems as everyone else with Collection 3. I think they'll fix this - they must still make money from these DLC packs, and for Activision money doesn't just talk; it chews their fucking ear off.
    You are the Detectives; go... and detect.
  • Posted on 12 March 14 at 18:26
    quick question did u download from the mw3 store or from xbox live market i used the marketplace back feb 28 downloads went fine then 3/3/14 i tried to playand they would not work with the game then tried mw3 store and they would not work 1,2,&3 any body able to conferm where to down load a working dlc after 3/3/14?
  • Posted on 12 March 14 at 19:04
    StinkyGreenBud,

You can't actually download the content from the marketplace. The marketplace download is just a license. The actual maps are downloaded from the in-game client, but that's been broken since the ELITE servers shut down on Feb 28th. Right now there's no way to download the content.
    Top 100 Games of All Time www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
  • justG0TwickedjustG0Twicked1,450,463
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 19:53
    Fix this, Douche-vision! They have our $$, and that is all they care about. How did they not realize that this would happen???
    WIKD
  • Posted on 12 March 14 at 20:14
    thanks Chaotic Fiasco that's what i thought. this shit pisses me off it fuck up for me more then a week ago and when i called sledgehammer i asked is this do to the elite server shut down and he told me over the phone "Ya I'm 95% sure that's why" they know they fucking know and still 1-1/2 weeks later nothing. shit just put the elite servers up until u fix the fuckin problem!
  • OH NO GAWDZIRRAOH NO GAWDZIRRA2,139,898
    Posted on 13 March 14 at 15:31
    I am really on the fence on whether I want to keep waiting this out or give up and ask for a refund.
  • No PoliticsNo Politics1,237,923
    Posted on 16 March 14 at 19:59
    So can anyone say whether they have managed to work with either Activision or Xbox and got this problem fixed?

Xbox support asked me to try using a different memory device and that didn't work. And as ignorant as I think they sound throwing the same steps over and over again I really feel like this has to be an Activision problem? Anyone make a guess whether or not this will ever get fixed?
  • Posted on 16 March 14 at 21:26
    No Politics said:
    Anyone make a guess whether or not this will ever get fixed?
    Well, in all honesty I think this would be the correct order of events;

Activision employee 1: "So, guys, can you come up with any new ways to fuck with our customers?

Activision employee 2: "We could charge 15€ for a couple of rehashed maps and call it DLC."

Activision employee 1: "Already done that."

Activision employee 3: "We could make season passes ridiculously overpriced, say 50€?"

Activision employee 1: "Already done that."

Activision employee 4: "Guys, guys... Picture this; ELITE is going down soon, right? So... Let's put MW3 Collection DLC's on sale at the same time as we're taking ELITE out of service so nobody can even download them, but can still pay for them of course!"

Activision employee 1, 2 & 3: "And roll in cash while those stupid suckers keep shoving more dough our way! Man that is fucking genius. Hells yes, let's do it!"

I mean, just saying...
  • tornprince2012tornprince20121,329,909
    Posted on 16 March 14 at 23:39
    Funky, I laughed my ass off. So true.
    Anyway, first thing I did is getting my refund. If everybody gets his money back, maybe then thise fucks will actually try to fix it.
  • Posted on 17 March 14 at 20:43
    No Politics said:
    So can anyone say whether they have managed to work with either Activision or Xbox and got this problem fixed?

Xbox support asked me to try using a different memory device and that didn't work. And as ignorant as I think they sound throwing the same steps over and over again I really feel like this has to be an Activision problem? Anyone make a guess whether or not this will ever get fixed?
    I've been constantly tweeting both with minimal success. If everybody pesters @ATVIAssist, we may be able to show it's a serious problem. I'm going to call Activision sometime this week and see if I can get a real update on what's going on with this.

tornprince2012 said:
    Funky, I laughed my ass off. So true.
    Anyway, first thing I did is getting my refund. If everybody gets his money back, maybe then thise fucks will actually try to fix it.
    Unfortunately, that means we'd lose the sale price. I'm still sitting on my content for now, hoping for a fix.
  • EarlydazeEarlydaze470,132
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 10:42
    i got this last minute in the sale an my Internets not the best 4 of them downloaded before i got the error code now i have half completed DLCs and about 8 maps i cant play
  • Posted on 23 March 14 at 22:53
    I spoke with Activision chat support last night, they gave me the run around for a while before finally admitting "we know this issue exists, we're working on it." The relevant portion of the conversation is below.

Haris Z: I would suggest that you stay tune for an update regarding with this matter. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will understand.
    Me: To clarify, when you say stay tuned. Do you mean in the next 10 minutes, or the next 10 days?
    Haris Z: In the upcoming days. I apologize for confusion, we will just update you if there is an available update regarding with this matter. For future updates about the game, please follow us on Twitter through https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist and on Facebook via https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist.
  • Posted on 25 March 14 at 16:53
    I had a similar experience with Activision chat support. They assured me that @ATVIAssist would share updates on the status of the fix. I find that hard to believe since that Twitter account hasn't even posted anything saying that there is a problem.

The way Activision is handling this is totally unacceptable. It's unfortunate that the problem affects such a small group of people or else there would be serious uproar about it in the community.
  • RABBID W0LFRABBID W0LF207,541
    Posted on 25 March 14 at 17:52
    Damm you Activision.angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads