Game Discussion: Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Windows 8)

Progress Reset!

• ProkatProkat22,462
    Posted on 09 July 16 at 19:57
    I guess Developers don't want to fix this, don't like having to restart over with my achievements. They need to correct this, or I won't play it anymore.
  • Posted on 02 August 16 at 03:12
    I finally completed this game after having the reset bug for so long.

My suggestions are
    Give Treasure Hunt Realtime priority
    1. while the game is running open task manager
    2. right click on treasure hunt and go to details
    3. right click on treasure hunt in this view
    4. select priority > realtime
    this will give treasure hunt priority over most other programs and so will slow down and potentially crash other applications when treasure hunt is tempted to crash but treasure hunt should pull through.

Let Treasure Hunt Load More
    I believe a main issue is that after the game has crashed there is a blank local file and a populated cloud save file, you want the cloud save so you will need to wait till the cloud save has synced down otherwise any activity will overwrite the cloud save with the local. You can tell the cloud save has synced down when your statistics no longer read 0.

Hopefully this helps some people finish the game.
  • Zoi606Zoi60625,499
  • Posted on 23 January 17 at 15:10
    I had the "can't see the extreme right hand side of the map" bug. Got around it by plugging in a mouse and using the scroll wheel to zoom in.
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I542,383
    Posted on 11 April 17 at 20:28
    Still happening... grrr
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I542,383
    Posted on 23 May 17 at 22:05
    Just got 100% completed. Dont plan on starting this game and earning a completion unless you are looking to back up the files. I did it every five levels (right before I completed the 5th) so that I could reload a previous point if I got the option to buy a bunch of Shields instead of an item upgrade.
  • Posted on 09 January 18 at 20:06
    I was having issues restoring the game with backed up files (would go to level 1 regardless of where I was previously). Saw a tip in one of the solutions that said playing while connected to the internet was the source of the save issues. I started turning my wi-fi off every time I played the game, and haven't had an issue with my save since. Hope this will help someone else out in the future.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.