The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: February 26th, 2015

• punkyliarpunkyliar298,297
  • eHeadacheseHeadaches259,595
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 14:17
    GeoDefense games are brilliant, Pac man mated with a tower defense style, Im sure that it was cheaper last time, but still worth the brass if you have missed out on it before. Not a impossible completion, some levels a challenge, but then can be made very simple if you watch someone video solution. I just wish they would make some more GeoDefense for the phone.
  • Posted on 26 February 15 at 14:19
    Geodefense is awesome and way worth the price
  • Posted on 26 February 15 at 14:44
    Hopefully, the other geoDefense game goes on sale soon as well!
  • BetrugerBetruger225,487
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 14:48
    All the Geodefense games are well worth their retail prices so this is a brainer if you don't have it already!
  • Posted on 26 February 15 at 14:58
    Good game for wp
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,517,816
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 15:14
    Last week I decided to pick up one of the GeoDefense games because I was sick of waiting for a sale. Luckily I picked the first game, and paid my $3. I would've been kicking myself had I picked Swarm instead. :)
  • o DEEVIUS oo DEEVIUS o629,564
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 16:11
    Might check out geoDefense Swarm (WP)
    I used to write Walkthroughs, but then I took an arrow to the knee
  • HanxHanx1,823,277
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 16:15
    Damn, it's not compatible with Lumia 625. Need 1GB RAM but my phone has 512MB. cry
  • wbswbs992,743
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 16:21
    Nice I missed Ty the first time around so I will be picking it up this time
  • SimmSimm2,238,883
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 17:46
    Ty was a fun completion. I recommend using an Xbox controller.
  • Inferno9209Inferno9209816,320
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 18:30
    Worth every penny the GeoDefense game, really fun game.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE505,097
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 19:33
    Fair warning, Ty behaves really weird if people unfriend while there's a pending challenge - it stays blank on your list, and crashes the game if you try to remove it. Thought it was just my crappy tablet, but it's doing the same thing on a desktop too ugh
  • RCRC425,441
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 19:57
    Probably a dumb question, but will I be able to play my Win 8 games on Win 10 after I upgrade?
  • ElyohElyoh1,102,047
    Posted on 26 February 15 at 23:08
    I bet the instant I get a phone that can handle Geo, it will stop going on sale.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 27 February 15 at 04:48
    If you care about achievements - which wouldn't surprise on a website like TrueAchievements - I would hold off on buying geoDefense Swarm. Xbox Live has been bugging out on Windows Phone all week, sending achievements into limbo at random. See http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_mobile_...

Slowly the WP team is going through the list of complaints and so far they've been able to see on their end the achievements we can't, but just to be on the safe side I would personally wait until towards the end of the Red Stripe Deal to see if Live on WP is back to normal before starting another WP game.
  • ElyohElyoh1,102,047
    Posted on 27 February 15 at 07:15
    I thought the community had figured out that its ok to earn achievements as long as we launch the game through the games hub?
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • GiinceeGiincee744,912
    Posted on 27 February 15 at 07:46
    Already have both games. But attention! One achievement of geoDefense Swarm is glitched for me because of the Xbox Live problem on WP8.
  • NomstuffNomstuff988,424
    Posted on 27 February 15 at 16:30
    GrislyGrizzly said:If you care about achievements - which wouldn't surprise on a website like TrueAchievements - I would hold off on buying geoDefense Swarm. Xbox Live has been bugging out on Windows Phone all week, sending achievements into limbo at random. See http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_mobile_...

Slowly the WP team is going through the list of complaints and so far they've been able to see on their end the achievements we can't, but just to be on the safe side I would personally wait until towards the end of the Red Stripe Deal to see if Live on WP is back to normal before starting another WP game.
    Buying it is fine, Hold off on playing it.
  • BahaumautBahaumaut1,743,863
    Posted on 27 February 15 at 17:09
    I Always launched Make It Rain through the WP8 Games hub and had several that did not sync. Also, Stella had one achieve no sync as well, normally launched that through the hub as well. Achieve on WP8 with caution.

I do recommend both GeoDef games; it actually works well with a phone UI and are great examples of Tower Def games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads