Game Info Submission Archive: Rock Band 3 Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Rock Band 3 - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Rock Band 3

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 24 August 17 at 12:30
This post was archived by Shadow Kisuragi
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 24 August 17 at 14:29, Edited on 24 August 17 at 14:30 by Shadow Kisuragi
alklein92201 said:
DLC is DLC. It should not matter at all that an achievement requires multiple purchases. If you have the content, you can get it. If you do not have the content, then there is no difference from any other delisted DLC in existence.

It is not possible for someone like you to unlock it for the same reason you can't unlock achievements for any other DLC that has been delisted in the history of Xbox LIVE.

Llamaman2 said:
For someone without this song (like myself), it is not possible for me to unlock it, therefore it is partially discontinued.
Switch out the word "song" with "DLC", and tell me how the statement doesn't apply 100% to all the other delisted DLC on LIVE.
Apologies - meant to respond to this before closing it.

As Llamaman says, this is mainly due to the fact that it impacts only 1 achievement within a DLC pack, and not the entire DLC pack.

It's a bit overkill to flag every single achievement within a DLC pack as PDU, because the content that every single achievement for that pack was tied to is an individual DLC that was delisted. This gets communicated as a delisted notice for the DLC, just as we communicate major bugs that impact a title by a Game Information Notice rather than flag every single achievement as Buggy-. In this case, it impacts a singular achievement within a pack, rather than an entire pack, so it individually received the PDU flag.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 26 August 17 at 02:10
If it's due to being overkill to flag everything, then why do we flag External Content (previously Peripheral Required) on every achievement in Kinect required games? It seems just as overkill to flag that when we already tag the games as Kinect Required, as it would be to flag all achievements in a DLC that we tag as delisted. If a criteria warrants a flag, it should warrant the flag, not just when we don't mark it somewhere else.

A flag doesn't do its job properly if it doesn't get applied wherever it meets the definition. If I should be able to see one achievement in my achievements list when I filter for PDU, just because it was delisted, I should see all delisted achievements in my list when I filter for PDU. We have definitions, and it doesn't make sense, nor does it help, to decide not to apply it because we decided we don't want to.
#mentallypudding
Information Posted on 13 December 17 at 08:12
Big rick 1969 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Rock Band 3 Achievements:

Big rick 1969 said:
Rock Band 3Shameless Self-PromotionThe Shameless Self-Promotion achievement in Rock Band 3 worth 37 pointsDownload and play three songs from a band that has Harmonix team members in it.

Achievement no longer available. if you go to Career/ My goals/ Rock Band/ Downloaded song goals achievement is no longer listed. I just downloaded a couple of songs to finish this achievement and went to check status and it is no longer on list.

Llamaman2
Llamaman2
Posted on 14 December 17 at 17:46
The song goal only appears if you have the correct songs downloaded. You may have downloaded songs that don't count for the achievement (imported songs from Harmonix artists don't count for example). Check the solutions to make sure you have 3 songs that qualify.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 05 January 18 at 01:22
Llamaman2 is correct - we're still seeing unlocks for this. Due to this, we've decided to take no action at this time. Thank you, however, for the submission Big rick 1969
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 05 January 18 at 01:28
As long as I've got someone back here, any response to my comment on the last issue?
#mentallypudding
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 05 January 18 at 01:38, Edited on 05 January 18 at 01:38 by Shadow Kisuragi
Plain and simple, it's because it relies on content outside of the pack itself that became delisted, making the achievement itself Partially Discontinued. Delisting a DLC that contains its own achievements doesn't make those individual achievements Partially Discontinued, as it's the availability of the content that's been impacted, not the unlock conditions.

As for the External Content Required for peripherals, we're discussing that internally, as it dilutes the situation where you need a peripheral and content, but there may not be a change on that because the indications are different between Information and Flags.
Information Posted on 05 January 18 at 01:47
This post was archived by Piston Toyota
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 05 January 18 at 02:00
Everything is "outside of the pack", because it doesn't exist and was made up just to have a way to split it off. Even by your own explanation, there is nothing in the PDU flag description that applies to this situation. Could you please point to which part of the PDU flag description actually applies here?

Also, this is twice now that this has been archived when it shouldn't have, come on now.
#mentallypudding
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 05 January 18 at 03:19, Edited on 05 January 18 at 03:20 by Shadow Kisuragi
The archiving doesn't technically move the thread, but agreed it shouldn't have been archived yet since the discussion hadn't been resolved.

What's the action you want taken here? To remove the flag, because it doesn't apply because it's part of an Add-On?
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 07 January 18 at 18:51
To either remove the flag as in my submission, or to change the PDU definition so it at least includes this situation if we're going to be flagging these as PDU. I may not agree with adjusting the description being the right choice, but either option would end with this achievement being properly flagged.

The problem with doing neither is that we start heading towards the problem we had a long time ago. We ended up having to revamp various flag definitions because of all the unwritten rules and exceptions that had been building up and nobody knew how several flags were even supposed to be used because we'd turn down submissions for reasons that weren't in the description (the most notable in my opinion being the "no Missable if it can be done in the first hour" rule), some of which we didn't even add we just dropped them because unwritten or not they didn't make sense to have. Even after that the GI team later had to add more changes for situations like the Missable flag being applied to the Dark Souls campfire achievement, a line was added to the flag to exempt achievements that would mean skipping natural progression so that it could be flagged reasonably and still be accurate.

I know I'm probably being annoying with this, but I saw how the situations like this built up over time last time into being a bigger problem, and I'm trying to prevent that from happening again. If the flag is removed, great. If the definition is updated so the flag fits, great. I just want the definition and flag application to match.
#mentallypudding
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.