Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Banjo Bundle Changes Incoming

• CONKER1182CONKER1182582,549
    Posted on 07 August 14 at 23:39, Edited on 07 August 14 at 23:40 by CONKER1182
    Why not just have a bundle forever and serperate games? On PS Store they have bundles for every DLC.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator289,465
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 00:48
    ooh been years but I'm finally grabbing these games on XBLA lol
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn746,802
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 00:52
    They are probably going to make it free with "gold"... but i'm going to risk it and get the bundle smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 14 at 05:37
    SmarmySmurf said:I've never purchased one of these bundles. Will both games appear separately (for future re-download) on my download list? Do bundles re-download properly after they are delisted? Or can I expect some hassle? Ever since they didn't deliver BC on One I'm paranoid about my digital stuff.cryI only ever got this bundle; it was a separate program you downloaded and from within that one you could click on both games to download. The bundle itself should be available for redownload.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
  • CASS190684CASS190684263,655
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 10:19
    Hopefully these will go on sale at some point in the future. I'll pick them up when the price is right, but until then I'll hold off.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 14 at 10:52
    CASS190684 said:Hopefully these will go on sale at some point in the future. I'll pick them up when the price is right, but until then I'll hold off.The bundle price is a great price if you've never played these before.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
  • jordaOwOjordaOwO987,565
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 11:16
    Just downloaded it. Still working. Have to search Banjo Kazooie Bundle to find it.
    Whats ratio?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 14 at 11:21
    gamerboyTHXtss said:Just downloaded it. Still working. Have to search Banjo Kazooie Bundle to find it.Well it's still August the 8th wink
  • DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,720,409
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 12:11
    The games go into your download history when you download through the app. It's probably too late to help anyone though.
  • MichelMichel1,003,584
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 12:12
    Is it just me or I smell something incoming at Gamescom... too many hints
  • Shadow XBLShadow XBL351,372
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 17:05
    ScorchPSO said:Le Compadre said:BK has almost been available for 6 years and BT has been available for a little over 6 years. How about keeping this offer or reducing the price of each game permanently?As sad as it is, if you put a time limit on something it makes people more inclined to spend the money on it as they'll feel pressured.

It's the same reason they always say most collectors editions are "Just for a limited time!" But end up never selling out because there's so many of them, give people a time frame and they'll push to buy it
    I think after 6 years if you haven't bought the games you don't want them.
  • SmarmySmurfSmarmySmurf395,965
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 19:31
    Billy Horrible said:SmarmySmurf said:I've never purchased one of these bundles. Will both games appear separately (for future re-download) on my download list? Do bundles re-download properly after they are delisted? Or can I expect some hassle? Ever since they didn't deliver BC on One I'm paranoid about my digital stuff.cryI only ever got this bundle; it was a separate program you downloaded and from within that one you could click on both games to download. The bundle itself should be available for redownload.Best ln Philly said:The games go into your download history when you download through the app. It's probably too late to help anyone though.I've just nabbed it, thank you both!

Shadow XBL said:I think after 6 years if you haven't bought the games you don't want them.Speaking only for myself, not true! Wanted them since day one, held out for a sale, happened to be broke the one time it happened. This six year later deal was just the thig to make me finally nab em.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 14 at 19:50
    SmarmySmurf said:Shadow XBL said:I think after 6 years if you haven't bought the games you don't want them.Speaking only for myself, not true! Wanted them since day one, held out for a sale, happened to be broke the one time it happened. This six year later deal was just the thig to make me finally nab em.Same here; I have them on my N64 so I didn't want to pay another 30 bucks to buy them. I jumped at the bundle day one though smile
  • Angary GaryAngary Gary107,588
    Posted on 08 August 14 at 22:54
    wiirule111 said:No need to rush getting Banjo.

You know the games will be on sale later...at 50%, then 75% off probably.
    been waiting since 2009 for a sale on banjo kazooie.. I have tooie already.. not paying 14.99 for kazooie. I don't think a sale will ever happen.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 14 at 23:44
    Aardvark Vulgar said:Is there any advantage of buying the bundle if you own one of the games already?

$15 for each separately or $15 for the bundle. No discount for those who own one Banjo game.
    You'll theoretically have two copies of one? Impress your friends!
  • Dead WarlordDead Warlord576,312
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 00:55
    So I bought the bundle before it was removed from Xbox.com, and downloaded it. Ran the "game" to download the two games and it keeps stating I need an Xbox Live profile/ a connection to actually download, so basically I just blew 15 bucks on nothing. Just messaged Rare, hopefully they get back to me soon.

Anyone else got this issue?
  • Redbaron671Redbaron671167,985
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 00:58
    It's still Friday and its been removed, just tried to buy it. Guess im waiting on a sale, not way im paying 15 for both the games.
  • Q8J3 AustinQ8J3 Austin432,091
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 02:06, Edited on 09 August 14 at 02:07 by Q8J3 Austin
    I tried to get on the page for the game on my 360, and it gave me an error code. 8C230002. There shouldn't be any problem, still two hours left of Friday (at least where I am.) Maybe so many people are trying to buy it that it crashed or overloaded somehow? I hope, because that's bullshit if they took it down before they were supposed to, and right as I was about to buy it angry
  • Mistwalker45Mistwalker452,447,370
    Posted on 09 August 14 at 03:18
    Dead Warlord said:So I bought the bundle before it was removed from Xbox.com, and downloaded it. Ran the "game" to download the two games and it keeps stating I need an Xbox Live profile/ a connection to actually download, so basically I just blew 15 bucks on nothing. Just messaged Rare, hopefully they get back to me soon.

yeah i've got the same issue hopefully it gets fixed somehow soon
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 August 14 at 05:36, Edited on 09 August 14 at 05:36 by
    Mistwalker45 said:Dead Warlord said:So I bought the bundle before it was removed from Xbox.com, and downloaded it. Ran the "game" to download the two games and it keeps stating I need an Xbox Live profile/ a connection to actually download, so basically I just blew 15 bucks on nothing. Just messaged Rare, hopefully they get back to me soon.

yeah i've got the same issue hopefully it gets fixed somehow soon
    That's messed up. Good luck to you both. Might be better to tell this to Microsoft instead of Rare though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads