The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Ultimate Games Sale Daily Deals: July 11th

• Posted on 11 July 14 at 22:06
    Damn, i just got Bastion on steam during the summer sale... Not sure if I want to pay for another copy, but that price is good...
  • AnavrynAnavryn606,221
    Posted on 11 July 14 at 22:26
    Yes! Been waiting for Kingdoms of Amalur to go on sale. So very sold. Bastion was a pretty solid game and I'd recommend it for those interest.

As for GTA V ironically enough my gf told me earlier today Target (at least it Canada) is selling it for $19.99 right now.
  • Posted on 11 July 14 at 23:41
    Bastion is my favorite xbla game of all time hands down.
    Banana Big Boys
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash441,836
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 00:10
    If the sale is still active grab Bastion while it's hot. Seriously, it's badass.
  • Posted on 12 July 14 at 00:45
    SandMan NL1 said:Crysis 3 - 70% off - Now €20,99

So they are still selling this old game for €69,99 in Europe? facepalm
    One of the quirkier problems of Digital is that you never know what price the games are still selling at, before the percent off. Percent off tells you nothing, you really have to look at the price in currency. A 25 % off game could be cheaper than a 75 % off game, even if they both retailed at $60 originally.
    Your financial solution
  • T r a s k xT r a s k x1,597,376
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 02:16
    You can get gta cheaper in the shops,just think how much space it would take up if you downloaded it from xbl.
  • DeliriousDrewDeliriousDrew1,366,655
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 02:24
    meh
    Amino Et Fide
  • Oki GatorOki Gator270,061
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 02:31
    if you don't get Bastion, I...will...fight you.
    Stay Classy
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo281,423
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 02:47
    Definitely get Bastion if you haven't already, its one of the best XBLA games out there. Was looking at KoA but already have enough RPGs on my plate to pas up an overpriced GoD title.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 July 14 at 03:52
    Oki Gator said:if you don't get Bastion, I...will...fight you.Not getting it.
    Who cares about ratio? No one can see it without TA lmao.
  • DashapeshifterDashapeshifter1,305,340
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 04:14
    Here are tomorrow's deals: Peggle - $2.49, Left 4 Dead 2 - $4.99, Madden NFL 25 - $20.99, and South Park:The Stick of Truth - $44.99. Guess my wallet will be happy tomorrow from the money I'll be saving.smile
  • Posted on 12 July 14 at 04:24
    Dashapeshifter said:Here are tomorrow's deals: Peggle - $2.49, Left 4 Dead 2 - $4.99, Madden NFL 25 - $20.99, and South Park:The Stick of Truth - $44.99. Guess my wallet will be happy tomorrow from the money I'll be saving.smileYea, a slow steady decline in the quality of the deals it seems.
  • Posted on 12 July 14 at 05:52
    LordMakanaki said:We need more DLC on sale.I second that.
    Each One Teach One
  • EnjojiEnjoji245,454
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 06:33
    I've been on the sales for a while, but thank goodness there's nothing here to tempt me to spend even more.
  • L J EDML J EDM317,503
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 08:10
    I just did a conversion from euros to sterling and I now feel very sorry the "€" people. Surely they aren't allowed to do this?

If the game Is on sale for £4 then in all honesty the game should be €5.03. This is a digital copy after all so there are no costs incurred due to shipping and everything else that goes with a physical copy.
  • Posted on 12 July 14 at 09:35
    xSCAR x TiSSUEx said:I just did a conversion from euros to sterling and I now feel very sorry the "€" people. Surely they aren't allowed to do this?

If the game Is on sale for £4 then in all honesty the game should be €5.03. This is a digital copy after all so there are no costs incurred due to shipping and everything else that goes with a physical copy.
    Well, honestly, it's not like prices are the only thing we're getting shafted with. Some people just complain about everything (though rightfully so) and others have become accustomed to it.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead651,572
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 11:07, Edited on 12 July 14 at 11:29 by HolyHalfDead
    dc0dr said:So absolutely no XBox One games huh.Not sure what you were expecting from the Xbox 360 Ultimate Games Sale.

Titanfall and Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass are on sale all week.

janiwesterling said:I'd really like to get at least some kind of a comment from the person who does all the euro pricing. Might even be a funny one as that person seems to be drunk as f... most of the time.and after they have done the European prices they have another drink and then do the New Zealand pricing ;)

GTA V is $29.99 in the US, $47.61 in the EU, $51.62 in AU and $52.85 in NZ

What it really comes down to is this, the sale prices are set by the game publisher and if a game is currently selling for €40 in store, then you are unlikely to see it for much less than that in an online sale, regardless of if being $30 online in the US, because that would harm store sales. Online sales are usually worse in the US, because the same game is likely to be $25 in store, which makes it nearly impossible for an online sale to harm store sales. So in New Zealand at least, online sales are usually pretty good deals compared to New Zealand store prices. Comparing New Zealand online prices with US store prices is an excersie in futility. I buy games from amazon.com and even though the shipping is twice the price of the game, it is still cheaper than buying the game from a New Zealand store.
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink2,277,716
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 11:27
    This entire week has been full of shit sales. There is so many games on xbla why can't they discount like 100 of then. Come on.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead651,572
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 11:29, Edited on 12 July 14 at 11:36 by HolyHalfDead
    SGT Sprinkles46 said:This entire week has been full of shit sales. There is so many games on xbla why can't they discount like 100 of then. Come on.You should give the publishers of those 100 games a call and tell them if Rockstar and Bethesda can discount their games, then why can't they. I'm sure Microsoft would be grateful to have a bit more variety for their sales. And tell them that a 10% to 15% discount isn't going to cut it, Microsoft expect at least a 30% discount, and 50% upwards if they want their game to feature in an Ultimate sale.
  • itz waz meitz waz me290,219
    Posted on 12 July 14 at 14:17
    SGT Sprinkles46 said:This entire week has been full of shit sales. There is so many games on xbla why can't they discount like 100 of then. Come on.Many of these are pretty good.
    unfortunately i had most of the games that were great deals and i wasn't very interested in other games. but it is still way better than a regular week.
    itz waz me
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.