Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail Releases: Week of October 24th, 2011

• justinman114justinman114187,943
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 00:21
    Beachem said:
    Battlefield has arrived! Gonna be interesting to read the reviews. I'm gonna hold off on buying it until I know the multiplayer works right. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some nasty bugs the first couple of weeks.
    oh there will be bugs, but that ain't stopping me! the last one had minor issues as well, and all got patched.
  • Rogue ShaddoRogue Shaddo218,126
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 01:03
    DisguisedMike said:
    I will play the campaign when there's problems with the servers.
    Genius! I usually play the SP first, but I will probably hold out on this one. Cursed Crusade looked interesting... too bad they released it now instead of next summer or sometime when I had time to play something other than awesome sequels.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin464,383
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 02:15
    justinman114 said:
    Beachem said:
    Battlefield has arrived! Gonna be interesting to read the reviews. I'm gonna hold off on buying it until I know the multiplayer works right. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some nasty bugs the first couple of weeks.
    oh there will be bugs, but that ain't stopping me! the last one had minor issues as well, and all got patched.
    Even the PC version has bugs at launch but that will be fixed. Currently there is only 1 360 review (Planet Xbox with an 88). All other review sites will come later this week because EA has sent them thier copies TODAY! All reviews you see online is from the PC version only
  • HanxHanx1,050,441
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 02:22
    l DNAngel l said:
    HolyAdept said:
    BF3 sucks.
    Says the person who hasn't played it, thank you for you're logical input with that post. toast
    The same can be said about people who say positive stuff about it, they haven't played it so what would they know? Btw it's not you are logical input lmao laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 October 11 at 02:32, Edited on 25 October 11 at 02:33 by
    Cobryza said:
    l DNAngel l said:
    HolyAdept said:
    BF3 sucks.
    Says the person who hasn't played it, thank you for you're logical input with that post. toast
    The same can be said about people who say positive stuff about it, they haven't played it so what would they know? Btw it's not you are logical input lmao laugh
    There's a difference between saying something is good and that it's going to be good. Care to show us who said it's good? It's not the same at all.
    The removal of the eyes, gives my heart a sudden chill.
  • N7RedeemedN7Redeemed107,532
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 02:39
    Probably going to pick up this DBZ game down the road, nothing like reliving your favorite childhood show over and over again. I liked the Cursed Crusade demo too but just don't have the money to buy it at release without it being a sure thing.
  • Posted on 25 October 11 at 02:39
    Rohg said:
    DisguisedMike said:
    I will play the campaign when there's problems with the servers.
    Genius! I usually play the SP first, but I will probably hold out on this one. Cursed Crusade looked interesting... too bad they released it now instead of next summer or sometime when I had time to play something other than awesome sequels.
    I usually start with the campaign too, but I remember what happened with BFBC2, the servers had big problems during peak hours in the first two weeks. Hopefully there won't be too much problems this time.
  • Posted on 25 October 11 at 03:15
    Got my Battlefield 3 pre order tomorrow cant wait
  • lidddliddd1,286,572
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 October 11 at 04:26, Edited on 25 October 11 at 04:27 by
    l DNAngel l said:
    HolyAdept said:
    BF3 sucks.
    Not that I'm singling you out personally, in fact I agree that people shouldn't hate on something they haven't played, but seeing as for the past year I've seen pretty much nothing but "MW3 will suck, BF3 will be GOTY", I mean it just seems stupid that no one ever says that when it comes to MW3 being a supposedly awful game, but when BF3 is on the line a swarm of people always single out the person who would try to criticize it. It's just a little funny, that's all.

As for myself, I'm not getting BF3, EA's continual use of an overpriced online pass, and the fact that they are boycotting Steam to up the use of EAs crappy Origin service is where I'm drawing the line. I'm not going to argue why I hate online passes or why i won't use Origin, but simply put, I'm not getting BF3. If you're ok with what EA does, more power to you, but I for one will be skipping out on this game.

Personally I never loved BF as it was, the game was good, but I never saw the fun. Once again, if you love to play to win, that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that, but I play games to have fun, and CoD has always provided that for me, BF is fun at first, but it just gets so tactical and competitive and boring for me. People say CoD isn't hardcore enough, but my response to that is: "so what" you said something that most people would agree is true, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Anyways thats all I have to say. If you can play a game and enjoy it, do so, but don't criticize those who don't see eye to eye with you on what game is best and which ones should go "commit suicide in a deep pit underground for being such a travesty on the human race" as one BF fanboy put it.
    If they say "Ha! I killed you, you suck" they really said "Ha! You suck because even I can kill you"
  • Posted on 25 October 11 at 05:03
    B unit 117 said:
    l DNAngel l said:
    HolyAdept said:
    BF3 sucks.
    Not that I'm singling you out personally, in fact I agree that people shouldn't hate on something they haven't played, but seeing as for the past year I've seen pretty much nothing but "MW3 will suck, BF3 will be GOTY", I mean it just seems stupid that no one ever says that when it comes to MW3 being a supposedly awful game, but when BF3 is on the line a swarm of people always single out the person who would try to criticize it. It's just a little funny, that's all.

As for myself, I'm not getting BF3, EA's continual use of an overpriced online pass, and the fact that they are boycotting Steam to up the use of EAs crappy Origin service is where I'm drawing the line. I'm not going to argue why I hate online passes or why i won't use Origin, but simply put, I'm not getting BF3. If you're ok with what EA does, more power to you, but I for one will be skipping out on this game.

Personally I never loved BF as it was, the game was good, but I never saw the fun. Once again, if you love to play to win, that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that, but I play games to have fun, and CoD has always provided that for me, BF is fun at first, but it just gets so tactical and competitive and boring for me. People say CoD isn't hardcore enough, but my response to that is: "so what" you said something that most people would agree is true, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Anyways thats all I have to say. If you can play a game and enjoy it, do so, but don't criticize those who don't see eye to eye with you on what game is best and which ones should go "commit suicide in a deep pit underground for being such a travesty on the human race" as one BF fanboy put it.
    well said man, so sick of all the people saying "MW3 is gonna suck, BF3 is the best game ever", all year long BEFORE it came out. They are 2 totally different FPS games, and i wont get it because of how much the BF people talked crap on MW3, there was no need for it.
  • DillagenceDillagence394,333
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 06:27
    Cue: Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira228,552
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 07:01
    Dillagence said:
    Cue: Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
    While someone from the audience sings Shadows of the Night...

Karaoke Tuuuuuessssdaaaaayyyy.....
    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Posted on 25 October 11 at 07:54
    x Morgan Kane x said:
    Woot! BF3 is coming on Friday, but my disc is already in the mailbox... Hoorahhh!
    I wish I had your postman smile
  • Mr DuckMr Duck297,541
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 08:44
    sucks to be living in the uk right now
    JLowe
  • Posted on 25 October 11 at 09:09
    Hot Damn! the graphics are amazing!
  • HurballHurball458,990
  • Replicant410Replicant410162,438
    Posted on 25 October 11 at 10:05
    xPut Name Herex said:
    I think we all know what game everyone has been eagerly awaiting this week. Puss in Boots!
    I don't know about you, but Disney Universe looks pretty amazing as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.