Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Heap of Windows Phone Titles Delisted

• Arron114Arron1141,270,777
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 14:55
    There is a big who-har about microtransctions in the news today and how they are being regulated by trading standards to become more clearer.

Maybe they are taking them down to update and adhere before they are forced to.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/oft-warns-devs-over-in-app-pa...
  • Marc TurboMarc Turbo244,040
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 14:56
    Can anyone tell me how to redownload a game I have payed for without buying it again, any help is appreciated
  • CyberKnightCyberKnight598,211
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:03
    The thing that annoys me the most is that, if it's delisted, you can't get it, period. I have a couple apps I bought that I had to delete on my Lumia 810 to make room to install other things (because of its anemic 8GB of storage), and now I can't re-install them. One was even republished, but since it's under a different ID it doesn't count as "purchased". I can even download the XAP installer from the store website and copy it to the phone, but the phone refuses to install it because it can't verify it with the Marketplace. (Galactic Reign would be one of these.)

This is contrary to Xbox Live, where you can always redownload anything even if it's officially "delisted" for new purchases.

And people wonder why I'm against the idea of all-digital.
    http://gamertagcyberknight.blogspot.com
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:05
    Marc Turbo said:
    Can anyone tell me how to redownload a game I have payed for without buying it again, any help is appreciated
    Just go to buy it and instead of saying 'purchase/buy' it should simply say 'install'.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty840,892
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:21
    None of them are a great loss, but it's still a pain and a bit shitty. Just wait until Games on Demand start being de-listed. It won't be long.
  • Mince Pie 77Mince Pie 77322,682
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:37
    If only contract killer was one of those that was delisted for update... Whole they were at it they could maybe fix it!

Same applies to other 'broken' games....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:53
    Wtf? More games I can't finishe off now ffs! Fuck it am pulling out modio!
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite4,325,079
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:57
    Riconoclast said:
    Marc Turbo said:
    Just go to buy it and instead of saying 'purchase/buy' it should simply say 'install'.
    Wrong.

Go to www.windowsphone.com and sign in, and tell it to download from there. If you do it your method, you'll be paying for it again.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 September 13 at 15:59
    Musquito said:
    Gacys Clown said:
    Hydro Thunder Go has been delisted for awhile now, but I don't know if it was so the developers could fix the glitches in the game. It was glitching on me, so I thought I'd uninstall/install, but when I went to install it again, it wasn't on the marketplace.
    It is not delisted. It is a WP7-only, you can only buy/download it on a WP7 phone.
    Umm, I had it on this very WP 8 I'm writing this on...
  • MusquitoMusquito827,164
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:00, Edited on 26 September 13 at 17:09 by Musquito
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Riconoclast said:
    Marc Turbo said:
    Wrong.

Go to www.windowsphone.com and sign in, and tell it to download from there. If you do it your method, you'll be paying for it again.
    Both incomplete with your explanation.
    * Redownloading from the marketplace on the phone:
    Go to the marketplace and press "Buy" button. It will say that you already bought it and the "confirm" button will change into "Install". Press "Install" button.
    If it does not say "Install" but "Confirm" than you did not buy it yet and you will be charged if you press it.
    * Redownloading from your download history on www.windowsphone.com
    Search for the game in your download history (Delisted games will have "App is no longer published" instead of a reinstall button). Press the "reinstall" button. Either it will send you wireless the game to your phone if your phone is in proximity and the game is not to large or it will send you an e-mail with the marketplace link. Click the link from your e-mail on your phone and it will take you to the marketplace on your phone. See "redownload from the marketplace on the phone).
    http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:05
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Riconoclast said:
    Marc Turbo said:
    Wrong.

That's never happened a single time I have redownloaded a game on my phone. Why are people so quick to tell others they are wrong? You think we just make up stuff to post? It may have not been your experience, but it doesn't mean the guy is wrong.
  • heatlightheatlight2,062,589
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:05
    Gacys Clown said:
    Musquito said:
    Gacys Clown said:
    Hydro Thunder Go has been delisted for awhile now, but I don't know if it was so the developers could fix the glitches in the game. It was glitching on me, so I thought I'd uninstall/install, but when I went to install it again, it wasn't on the marketplace.
    It is not delisted. It is a WP7-only, you can only buy/download it on a WP7 phone.
    Umm, I had it on this very WP 8 I'm writing this on...
    A few games made the transfer to WP8 when it came out, but were pulled shortly afterwards due to incompatibility issues. Hydro Thunder is one of them.
  • Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:06, Edited on 27 September 13 at 00:47 by Reborn Insanity
    Luckily I have the good ones that were delisted. Sucks Extraction was removed. Best WP game out there.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:21
    OMFG, thanks for the notice ahead of time MS, my god. Luckily I have most of these games already, but if my phone breaks or something, I'm now screwed, and I really wanted to get Zombies!!! but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Geez. Hopefully since it hasn't been announced yet there will be a bright side to all this?
  • Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:24
    Musquito said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Riconoclast said:
    Marc Turbo said:
    Wrong.

Both incomplete with your explanation.
    * Redownloading from the marketplace on the phone:
    Go to the marketplace and press "Buy" button. It will say that you already bought it and the "confirm" button will change into "Install". Press "Install" button.
    If it does not say "Install" but "Confirm" than you did not buy it yet and you will be charged if you press it.
    * Redownloading from your download history on www.windowsphone.com
    Search for the game in your download history (Do not try to find delisted games as they are deleted from you history). Press the "reinstall" button. Either it will send you wireless the game to your phone if your phone is in proximity and the game is not to large or it will send you an e-mail with the marketplace link. Click the link from your e-mail on your phone and it will take you to the marketplace on your phone. See "redownload from the marketplace on the phone).
    Correct but will not work with delisted games. They will still show in purchase history, but the website will just notify you that the game is gone.
  • Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:30
    This is unfortunate news for those folks working on Crimson Dragon: Side Story. This essentially makes one of the achievements unobtainable, unless you want to spend 350+ hours of gameplay obtaining jewels.
  • supadryzsupadryz641,641
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:48
    I love the fact they give you notice on this!!!

chickens can't fly I had & was a great game but deleted it to make room, good thing I 200G'd this. I as annoyed when they delisted Doodle Jump with out notice aswell & I hav don't 200G'd this.
  • Fadi kunFadi kun419,343
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:52
    I hope Extraction comes back with the bugs fixed. I was really liking that game until it started crashing on me!
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182574,617
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 16:56
    This is a great reason I don't like digital downloads.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,053,274
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:04
    Glad I have all but one or two downloaded and/or finished.

Here's my question: do all the micro transactions in-game still work for these?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.