Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Heap of Windows Phone Titles Delisted

• MusquitoMusquito826,980
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:08
    Failure Online said:
    Correct but will not work with delisted games. They will still show in purchase history, but the website will just notify you that the game is gone.
    Yes you are right, just checked Galactic Reign and it says "App is no longer published".
    http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
  • CrandyCrandy869,734
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:14
    I hate digital games. They have way too many restrictions associated with them and the publisher can take away your ability to access them whenever they want with no notice or refund to you. This is a perfect example and is unacceptable in my opinion.
    -Randy Twoseventwoseven
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,048,088
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:21
    Crandy said:
    I hate digital games. They have way too many restrictions associated with them and the publisher can take away your ability to access them whenever they want with no notice or refund to you. This is a perfect example and is unacceptable in my opinion.
    Then, don't support them. It's that simple. Personally, I wish we'd hurry and go all-digital. My phone and Windows 8 games already have. I'm going to go as-digital as I can with the One.
  • MusquitoMusquito826,980
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:21
    Crandy said:
    Ever read the ToS? You do not buy the games, you "rent" them, you pay for the licenses.
    http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
  • Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:25
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Crandy said:
    Then, don't support them. It's that simple. Personally, I wish we'd hurry and go all-digital. My phone and Windows 8 games already have. I'm going to go as-digital as I can with the One.
    They never said they supported them.

Anyway, this is why I hate digital as well. It can be revoked at any time and you have nothing to show for it.
  • Fraan ErdanFraan Erdan338,664
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:29
    monster burner :'(
  • BSquad56BSquad56201,067
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:33
    poor games! Most are F2P too, funny...
    ~Ruffus~
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude792,406
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:45
    I played most of these. Extraction and Zombies is a bummer, but the rest I'm okay with.
  • b30118218b301182183,109,449
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:50
    Anybody tried to download the XAP files from the marketplace whilst they are still avalible? might be a good way to try installing the games back to your phone if you have already purchased the licenses beforehand? If it works then grab the XAPs before they too are removed
  • Dexter XBADexter XBA301,396
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 17:53, Edited on 26 September 13 at 17:54 by Dexter XBA
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Glad I have all but one or two downloaded and/or finished.

Here's my question: do all the micro transactions in-game still work for these?
    No. Currently none of the micro transactions for Windows Phone 7 games are working.

b30118218 said:
    Anybody tried to download the XAP files from the marketplace whilst they are still avalible? might be a good way to try installing the games back to your phone if you have already purchased the licenses beforehand? If it works then grab the XAPs before they too are removed
    This doesn't work because the licenses aren't included in the XAP files and the license isn't stored on your phone when you uninstall a game.
  • CrandyCrandy869,734
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 18:10
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Crandy said:
    I avoid supporting them whenever possible. Unfortunately, if I want any games for WP or Win8 I have no choice. I often go out of my way to find and pay more for physical copies of games. Almost all of my GFWL and Xbox 360 games are physical and I plan to do the same with the Xbox One as well.
    -Randy Twoseventwoseven
  • Throni360Throni3602,223,244
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 18:18
    Why KenKen? I waited for a DotW! Damn!
  • wbswbs987,142
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 18:57
    Musquito said:
    KenKen was already delisted on the 1 September 2013. I think because of another reason than the MSP issue, more like expired license?

Edit: We just checked with the Game Info team the WP games and we think we got them all and above list is complete.

Beware of those on the watchlist. I contacted recently support myself for Crimson Dragon: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/15891...
    Does anyone have any more info on this? This is the only game on this list I don't have I guess I need to start getting more phone games ASAP.
  • Capn BeavCapn Beav842,396
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 18:58
    Fadi kun said:
    I hope Extraction comes back with the bugs fixed. I was really liking that game until it started crashing on me!
    This. By the heavens, This. Such a great game until it becomes unplayable.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 September 13 at 19:05
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Riconoclast said:
    Marc Turbo said:
    Can anyone tell me how to redownload a game I have payed for without buying it again, any help is appreciated
    Just go to buy it and instead of saying 'purchase/buy' it should simply say 'install'.
    Wrong.

Go to www.windowsphone.com and sign in, and tell it to download from there. If you do it your method, you'll be paying for it again.
    I've never been charged a 2nd time doing it that way.
  • wbswbs987,142
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 19:06
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Crandy said:
    I think this is the most ignorant comment I have ever read on here... I don't even know what to say I guess you like MS and game companies having complete control over you and never owning a game just "leasing" it from them. Have fun with your "collection" on your hard drive while I have a collection of games on my shelf that can't be taken away from me and I can do what I want with and let whoever I want borrow them. You will think differently when MS decides to shut down the 360 and all your downloaded games become pretty much worthless. Also if I could buy a physical copy of all the arcade games and phone games I would even if it cost more.
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x293,978
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 19:55
    Arron114 said:
    to become more clearer.
    Oh, the irony!
  • Dancsi27Dancsi27190,461
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 19:57
    what you are gonna do when your account get banned or reset for X reason and you will lose all your purchased digital games and dlc? Are you gonna rebuy them with a new account? Are you willing to buy a game that you bought before just because MS and game cies release the game again because the developper changes its name (Fruit Ninja) or because this IAP with MSP vs local currency problem? First of all, games with IAP in them should be free from the beginning, that's the deal now with free to play games no? Paying 1$ for CD:SS then paying again 5-10$ for jewels in order to unlock everything in the game is not cool at all from MS. If a digital game is delisted or rerelased later and you have to buy again because MS cannot handle the damn licences and things related to that, people will stop paying for game. Games with glitched chievos not fixed by Gayloft and Glu because MS XBL certification process taking too long and the price too, HB who release the same FN with nicer graphics and some IAP and we have to buy it again, this is not the right business for me.

I like physical copies too, at least i have a proof that i bought something than i can use in the future even if the game is removed from Live/Store

Fire Hawk D said:
    Crandy said:
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl992,167
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 20:00
    Lots of good games. Hopefully they will be relisted after the payment options are figured out.
    No mercy.
  • borstalborstal276,571
    Posted on 26 September 13 at 20:16
    Is this why Contract Killer wont even load on my WP7 handset?
    Vic-20 to 360
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.