Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Heap of Windows Phone Titles Delisted

  • Snipah LocSnipah Loc376,873
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:11, Edited on 27 September 13 at 02:11 by Snipah Loc
    Sheesh, I personally can't be bothered to keep up with this. Besides my Samsung Focus is pile of crap that barely runs. Freezes, slow, crashes.. Plus using it as a phone I always have to redial people so they can hear me. I'd love to factory restart it but i'd lose the delisted titles I do have!

    I gave up defending my Windows Phone at the start of this year. The achievements just aren't worth it to me anymore.

    /vent
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,732,262
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:28, Edited on 27 September 13 at 02:29 by Fire Hawk D
    Dexter x360a said:
    No. Currently none of the micro transactions for Windows Phone 7 games are working.

    Okay, cool. Glad to know. Are they still all 100%-able?

    wbs 101 said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Then, don't support them. It's that simple. Personally, I wish we'd hurry and go all-digital. My phone and Windows 8 games already have. I'm going to go as-digital as I can with the One.
    I think this is the most ignorant comment I have ever read on here... I don't even know what to say I guess you like MS and game companies having complete control over you and never owning a game just "leasing" it from them. Have fun with your "collection" on your hard drive while I have a collection of games on my shelf that can't be taken away from me and I can do what I want with and let whoever I want borrow them. You will think differently when MS decides to shut down the 360 and all your downloaded games become pretty much worthless. Also if I could buy a physical copy of all the arcade games and phone games I would even if it cost more.
    You...do realize how hypocritical that is, right? Just because you don't like my stance doesn't mean it's "ignorant". You are, in fact, acting ignorant. You shouldn't do that. Especially with that atrocious grammar.

    Personally, I don't mind your points. When I finish a game, I'm done. I rarely go back to it, especially an entire generation back. And, I don't sell my games when I am finished with them. So overall, going all digital would in no way alter how I game now. Heck, it'd be even better, what with having access to my entire library at anytime from anywhere and I'll be able to take advantage of the app-switching capabilities of the Xbox One.

    I used to be REALLY into collecting the physical games. At one point, I had EVERY DS game on the market. I used to pour them out and Scrooge McDuck those suckers. Not to mention the near-roomful of Xbox 360 cases I have stashed in the guest room (really need to throw those away). But, when Microsoft started having the good Games on Demand sales, I fell in love with having my games there, easily accessible at any time.

    Also, physical doesn't matter squat in this new world. Look at Games for Windows LIVE. Even with them being physical discs, soon you won't even be able to access the service anyway.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:41
    Zombies!!! cannot be completed 100% due to DLC. Not sure about the rest.
  • matdanmatdan797,460
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 03:13
    Seems like a bunch of games that some of will never play bit of a shame
  • PetrifiedPetrified1,259,037
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 03:18
    Snipah Loc said:
    Sheesh, I personally can't be bothered to keep up with this. Besides my Samsung Focus is pile of crap that barely runs. Freezes, slow, crashes.. Plus using it as a phone I always have to redial people so they can hear me. I'd love to factory restart it but i'd lose the delisted titles I do have!

    I gave up defending my Windows Phone at the start of this year. The achievements just aren't worth it to me anymore.

    /vent
    You picked a horrible phone I've heard nothing but bad from about.
    I loved my HTC Trophy WP7 and I love my Nokia Lumia 928 WP8, they both kill the pos IPhone I had.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 04:47
    So Diaboliical said:
    Snipah Loc said:
    Sheesh, I personally can't be bothered to keep up with this. Besides my Samsung Focus is pile of crap that barely runs. Freezes, slow, crashes.. Plus using it as a phone I always have to redial people so they can hear me. I'd love to factory restart it but i'd lose the delisted titles I do have!

    I gave up defending my Windows Phone at the start of this year. The achievements just aren't worth it to me anymore.

    /vent
    You picked a horrible phone I've heard nothing but bad from about.
    I loved my HTC Trophy WP7 and I love my Nokia Lumia 928 WP8, they both kill the pos IPhone I had.
    Same here, Trophy and 928. Both very well built devices. My only complaint would be battery life but I could probably conserve it better if I tried.
  • wbswbs950,886
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 05:45
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Dexter x360a said:
    No. Currently none of the micro transactions for Windows Phone 7 games are working.

    Okay, cool. Glad to know. Are they still all 100%-able?

    wbs 101 said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Then, don't support them. It's that simple. Personally, I wish we'd hurry and go all-digital. My phone and Windows 8 games already have. I'm going to go as-digital as I can with the One.
    I think this is the most ignorant comment I have ever read on here... I don't even know what to say I guess you like MS and game companies having complete control over you and never owning a game just "leasing" it from them. Have fun with your "collection" on your hard drive while I have a collection of games on my shelf that can't be taken away from me and I can do what I want with and let whoever I want borrow them. You will think differently when MS decides to shut down the 360 and all your downloaded games become pretty much worthless. Also if I could buy a physical copy of all the arcade games and phone games I would even if it cost more.
    You...do realize how hypocritical that is, right? Just because you don't like my stance doesn't mean it's "ignorant". You are, in fact, acting ignorant. You shouldn't do that. Especially with that atrocious grammar.

    Personally, I don't mind your points. When I finish a game, I'm done. I rarely go back to it, especially an entire generation back. And, I don't sell my games when I am finished with them. So overall, going all digital would in no way alter how I game now. Heck, it'd be even better, what with having access to my entire library at anytime from anywhere and I'll be able to take advantage of the app-switching capabilities of the Xbox One.

    I used to be REALLY into collecting the physical games. At one point, I had EVERY DS game on the market. I used to pour them out and Scrooge McDuck those suckers. Not to mention the near-roomful of Xbox 360 cases I have stashed in the guest room (really need to throw those away). But, when Microsoft started having the good Games on Demand sales, I fell in love with having my games there, easily accessible at any time.

    Also, physical doesn't matter squat in this new world. Look at Games for Windows LIVE. Even with them being physical discs, soon you won't even be able to access the service anyway.
    Try making a point on how digital is better instead of attacking my grammar. Just because you think it won't affect you doesn't mean you should be so selfish as to want everyone else to not to be able to buy physical games. Also it will affect you when you realize everything is more expensive for longer and less sales but maybe you have an infinite supply of money and don't care.
  • Dexter XBADexter XBA284,303
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 07:40, Edited on 27 September 13 at 07:41 by Dexter XBA
    As always official Xbox Forum Support doesn't have a clue what's going on:

    "We don't have any specifics regarding why those titles may have been removed at this time, but as mentioned by Mister Rush, this is something that is being looked into. However we don't have any further details to share currently as to when this may be resolved.

    Thanks very much for your continued patience with the matter."

    http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/1017/p/157...

    Fire Hawk D said:
    Dexter x360a said:
    No. Currently none of the micro transactions for Windows Phone 7 games are working.

    Okay, cool. Glad to know. Are they still all 100%-able?

    I completed these games without in-game purchases:

    Beards & Beaks
    Monster Island (not delisted yet)
    Turn 'N Run
    Don't know about the rest but I think you should be able to complete most of them withouth IAP.

    In Zombies!!! as Shadow Kisuragi pointed out you won't be able to get the 50 GS from the Not Dead Yet DLC.
    And afaik Crimson Dragon: Side Story (WP) can't be completed without IAP either unless you want to spend 1500 hours on this game :P
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 27 September 13 at 08:14
    Dexter x360a said:
    As always official Xbox Forum Support doesn't have a clue what's going on:

    "We don't have any specifics regarding why those titles may have been removed at this time, but as mentioned by Mister Rush, this is something that is being looked into. However we don't have any further details to share currently as to when this may be resolved.

    Thanks very much for your continued patience with the matter."

    http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/1017/p/157...
    They never have any idea. Still thanks for asking them hopefully we will get a update from them. Its pretty bad if this is their way of dealing with it. I could live with unpatched versions but de-listing them completely and making me unable to re-download the games I already brought. Come on MS!
  • matdanmatdan797,460
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 08:16
    Copy and paste is the Support answer to most everything unfortunately.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 14:58
    These are all lousy games. Maybe that's why they got delisted.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 15:09
    Vandel Buster said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Crandy said:
    I hate digital games. They have way too many restrictions associated with them and the publisher can take away your ability to access them whenever they want with no notice or refund to you. This is a perfect example and is unacceptable in my opinion.
    Then, don't support them. It's that simple. Personally, I wish we'd hurry and go all-digital. My phone and Windows 8 games already have. I'm going to go as-digital as I can with the One.
    They never said they supported them.

    Anyway, this is why I hate digital as well. It can be revoked at any time and you have nothing to show for it.
    So you expect Microsoft to sell branded micro SD cards with WP games on them then? Whether you like it or not, digital has a lot of upsides that physical just can't match. Especially in the case of portable devices.
  • matdanmatdan797,460
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 15:12
    I agree with that although there are cons to digital as well especially for phones being that they have limited space to store data and may be prone to things like factory resets which wipes data. Low bandwidth/download speeds are the other big cross on digital otherwise if they find a way to keep games stored and around reliably it is a good solution to other things.
  • Snipah LocSnipah Loc376,873
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 16:03
    I've had my phone since Feb 2011.
    So Diaboliical said:
    You picked a horrible phone I've heard nothing but bad from about.
    I loved my HTC Trophy WP7 and I love my Nokia Lumia 928 WP8, they both kill the pos IPhone I had.
  • Dexter XBADexter XBA284,303
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 27 September 13 at 17:13
    Glad I waited for WP8
    WiLL:O
  • MusquitoMusquito804,490
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 17:23
    Dexter x360a said:
    There's now an article with some more infos + dev comments available @ wpcentral.com:

    http://www.wpcentral.com/11-windows-phone-7-games-delisted
    KenKen was removed earlier (1 September 2013) as I was going through all the WP games to set their platform restriction right, I noticed it. I send it in to the newsteam that day, but they never bothered to put it on the main site.

    Monster Burner = WP8 game.

    For those still owning those games, most of them will become much difficult too complete (like Gravity Guy) or will take forever to complete (Crimson Dragon, which is not pulled).
    http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
  • Dexter XBADexter XBA284,303
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 19:23
    Musquito said:
    Monster Burner = WP8 game.
    Actually Monster Burner is available for Windows Phone 7 as well, I have it on my Lumia 800.
  • Posted on 28 September 13 at 00:01
    Dexter x360a said:
    There's now an article with some more infos + dev comments available @ wpcentral.com:

    http://www.wpcentral.com/11-windows-phone-7-games-delisted
    I'm worried that even if MS finally tells the devs what they need to do that some of the devs will be too pissed off this happened so suddenly and without explanation. Not to mention some devs are just plain lazy. I hope Zombies!!! actually does make a full return instead of just a non-achievement game.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,732,262
    Posted on 28 September 13 at 03:45
    wbs 101 said:
    Try making a point on how digital is better instead of attacking my grammar. Just because you think it won't affect you doesn't mean you should be so selfish as to want everyone else to not to be able to buy physical games. Also it will affect you when you realize everything is more expensive for longer and less sales but maybe you have an infinite supply of money and don't care.
    I'm...fairly certain I did. o.O
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.