The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: February 13th, 2014 [UPDATE]

• punkyliarpunkyliar295,239
  • PhxSuns1FanPhxSuns1Fan591,760
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 16:40
    Kinectimals was fun!!
    My life doesn't evolve around Xbox, or atleast I keep telling myself that :)
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,490,754
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 16:40, Edited on 13 February 14 at 16:41 by MrZombieChicken
    You need to move the following below the Skulls of the Shogun quote:

"The Windows 8 Red Stripe title is just one of three versions of the game with achievements. If you want to complete the set then you'll need to buy the Xbox LIVE Arcade version and the Windows Phone version too."

As for the games. I picked up Kinectimals.
  • Posted on 13 February 14 at 16:43
    Buying Kinectimals as I'm reading this articleclap
  • WinMo KirbyWinMo Kirby290,121
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 16:50
    MrZombieChicken said:

"The Windows 8 Red Stripe title is just one of three versions of the game with achievements. If you want to complete the set then you'll need to buy the Xbox LIVE Arcade version and the Windows Phone version too."

There's no reason the move that paragraph below the description box. The Kinectimals paragraph is above it's description box, so why would Skulls' be below it?
  • heatlightheatlight2,773,359
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 16:56
    Well it's worth pointing out that if you ever intend to play other versions of Skulls, you must play all versions simultaneously. After completing one, achievements on the other formats become unattainable. Of course if you aren't bothered by this, go for it. It's still a great game.
  • Fuzzmeister JFuzzmeister J1,010,516
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 17:03
    kitty!
  • mosin360mosin360775,974
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 17:10
    I swear that Skulls was that price for the past month. Oh well, I will go ahead and get it. Going to get the phone game as well.
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
  • BeachemBeachem653,738
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 17:10
    Darn. Own them both. It seems to always be the same games. Would love to see Burn It All go on sale.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • eohjayeohjay1,954,076
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 17:26
    mosin360 said:
    I swear that Skulls was that price for the past month. Oh well, I will go ahead and get it. Going to get the phone game as well.
    I have a receipt from Jan 30th purchasing Skulls for $4.49 - so you're not going crazy!

It is a great game, though, and I definitely recommend it.
  • RickyGBirdRickyGBird394,468
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 17:38
    Gamerscore for stroking tigers? I'm there! laugh
    Previously on Alan Wake...
  • pantyhamsterpantyhamster1,054,406
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 17:52
    Where is Rayman Fiesta Run?????!!!!!
  • cliche1cliche1816,499
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 17:57
    What you meant to say was, Gamerscore for stroking pussy. Im there. Lol
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182582,587
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 18:53
    Always f Ing deals for games I already have.
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 19:45
    WinMo Kirby said:
    MrZombieChicken said:

There's no reason the move that paragraph below the description box. The Kinectimals paragraph is above it's description box, so why would Skulls' be below it?
    Because nothing in that paragraph tells you that it's talking about the game quoted below it. When I read it the first time I thought he was still talking about Kinectimals. I think it would be clearer if it was below the header that tells us which game the paragraph refers to.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar295,239
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 19:59
    MrZombieChicken said:
    WinMo Kirby said:
    MrZombieChicken said:

Because nothing in that paragraph tells you that it's talking about the game quoted below it. When I read it the first time I thought he was still talking about Kinectimals. I think it would be clearer if it was below the header that tells us which game the paragraph refers to.
    I'd argue that "The Windows 8 Red Stripe title" told you exactly which one it was on about.
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 20:02
    heatlight said:
    Well it's worth pointing out that if you ever intend to play other versions of Skulls, you must play all versions simultaneously. After completing one, achievements on the other formats become unattainable. Of course if you aren't bothered by this, go for it. It's still a great game.
    Yup, that's why I will never pick up the WP or the Win8 versions. You'd think they'd find a way to patch the problem.
  • GuidalityGuidality903,170
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 20:05
    CONKER1182 said:
    Always f Ing deals for games I already have.
    having patience alleviates that feeling typically
  • Posted on 13 February 14 at 20:06
    punkyliar said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    WinMo Kirby said:
    MrZombieChicken said:

I'd argue that "The Windows 8 Red Stripe title" told you exactly which one it was on about.
    Yeah, I'm afraid I caught that okay.
    Posted on 13 February 14 at 20:40, Edited on 13 February 14 at 20:41 by MrZombieChicken
    punkyliar said:
    No, because at the end of that paragraph you still would have no idea which game is being talking about.
    Reading is a linear process. You have to write your sentences in a sequence that makes the idea you are trying to convey comprehensible, without having to back track to re-read what you've already read. This is just not a good way to present information.
    This is a very short article so I know I am making way too much of a big deal of it. I was just offering a suggestion to make things a bit more readable, that's all. I think we can all agree that putting "Skulls of the Shogun" in the paragraph or moving it below the quote would make things a little clearer. If anything it wouldn't hurt to do so. At the end of the day though it's no big deal if nothing is changed and the article is kept as is. :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads