Xbox 360

Forum for Xbox 360 related things

Console Bans

• matdanmatdan751,723
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:09
    Still trying to find out what is going with all the console bans so if you used one of the free games glitches recently and got console banned recently post here.
  • BitterBitter654,745
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:24
    I created a Moroccan account and an Oman account. I didn't play any of the games and did not download Rayman Legends. Both of the alts got banned and my main xbox got console banned for "Marketplace Fraud."
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:28
    HELLA SO BITTER said:
    I created a Moroccan account and an Oman account. I didn't play any of the games and did not download Rayman Legends. Both of the alts got banned and my main xbox got console banned for "Marketplace Fraud."
    For the record, could you (and anyone else) also state when they got banned. Timing might be relevant.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:30
    My friend at Capcom is with the MS online team right now; he asked them and they said it is *NOT* for using Omani accounts etc. The reason is 99% due to "fraudulent content duping" by people sharing content.

This is what I have done on multiple occasions to self-boost unfortunately :-(
  • matdanmatdan751,723
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:33
    So me and others that did not share content at all should receive no bans I am curious because I am seeing some really high GS people getting console bans. Not sure if I want to turn on my console at this point in time.
  • ClockWrkPhantomClockWrkPhantom1,071,096
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:33
    My altar got banned Moroccan and Oman but everything else is so far but when I caught wind a few days ago I wiped my hard drive of that stuff
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:33
    Seems odd that all of the bans would be for that. Perhaps a lot of you duplicate the free content?

I downloaded the oman/bosnia stuff and haven't been banned as of yet but i'm worried. :(
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:34
    matdan12 said:
    So me and others that did not share content at all should receive no bans I am curious because I am seeing some really high GS people getting console bans. Not sure if I want to turn on my console at this point in time.
    Leaving your console offline won't really do anything, a banned console is just a 360 without access to live as far as i'm aware.
  • IXI FalcoNIXI FalcoN1,417,361
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:40
    Some notes from my end:

-Got the console ban today, Sept. 26th
    -Did the Oman and Bosnia free games thing. I've done a TON of these over the years including Taiwan, Japan, Argentina, India, Germany, and Russia.
    -I've content duped a few GOD and arcade games to double box boost over the years. I would purchase the game with my primary account on my primary box, then log my account on the secondary box and redownload so that a dummy account can use the license tied to the primary.

Both of these things I've been doing for years without a hitch, why the problem all of a sudden MS?
  • Flava1975Flava19751,406,990
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:41
    I was given a ban as well! It was nothing other than the free region downloads. A little extreme for a company about to launch a new console when the vast majority of people who did it are your hardcore gamers!!
  • matdanmatdan751,723
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:41
    Ok well I bit the bullet and tested my Oman account (Was Moroccan at one point) and it is still fine.
  • llDurbinllllDurbinll198,722
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:42
    I heard with older model 360's that it corrupts the profile and content on the hard drive.

So I'm wondering if the people who got banned had shared those accounts they made to get the free content and thats why. I know quite a few people who are in groups that have a point account that everyone shares and buys stuff on it so that everyone else in the group can have access to it as well. They've been doing it for years, so I don't get why they'd all of a sudden care about that.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:44
    IXI FalcoN said:
    Some notes from my end:

Both of these things I've been doing for years without a hitch, why the problem all of a sudden MS?
    Latest dashboard update allowed MS to track content duping easier.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:45, Edited on 27 September 13 at 02:47 by Quantum Binman
    matdan12 said:
    Ok well I bit the bullet and tested my Oman account (Was Moroccan at one point) and it is still fine.
    Trust me, my friend is sat with the MS team in Osaka right now. They said you won't be banned for using a different region account.

You WILL now be banned for content duping. Content is to be used on one single machine/HD and that is it. Multie users can access it, but sharing across machines is going to be banned.

Exact copy-paste from his email when I asked:
    >>>
    No, it's not ok. All contents are licensed to 1 console. You can share the game or the DLC between 2 profiles on the same console, but that's it.
    >>>
  • BitterBitter654,745
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:47
    Got the ban today (Sept 26th) sometime between 2pm-5pm Pacific
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:48
    matdan12 said:
    Mine is an older model 360 and it has never corrupted profiles or content on the hard drive. Sharing accounts is bannable under the ToS but is harder to spot so they tend to use Xbox Updates to uncover them. So I am not sure if it would be that as their have been no updates recently that I know of.
    Latest dashboard update about 3 weeks ago allowed them to start clamping down on this.
  • matdanmatdan751,723
    Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:49
    Quantum Binman said:
    matdan12 said:
    Trust me, my friend is sat with the MS team in Osaka right now. They said you won't be banned for using a different region account.

You WILL now be banned for content duping. Content is to be used on one single machine/HD and that is it. Multie users can access it, but sharing across machines is going to be banned.

>>>
    No, it's not ok. All contents are licensed to 1 console. You can share the game or the DLC between 2 profiles on the same console, but that's it.
    >>>
    Exactly what I was going to post that would be the likely thing then as that is usually listed as marketplace theft and a bunch of other things. Although I am not sure if anyone will post whether they did this or not.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:50
    well got banned, recently did the oman and the Morrocco and what have you. Got console banned, but as long as my main account dosen't get banned I won't kill myself.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:51
    matdan12 said:
    Quantum Binman said:
    matdan12 said:

>>>
    >>>
    Exactly what I was going to post that would be the likely thing then as that is usually listed as marketplace theft and a bunch of other things. Although I am not sure if anyone will post whether they did this or not.
    I did with my alt and my alt is console banned as of about 3hrs ago. Main console is fine even though main console downloaded injustice, flashback, etc.

That's why I don't doubt what MS have said.
  • Posted on 27 September 13 at 02:51
    If this is all related to content duping then what's with all of the people on CAG and the guys who have been coming up on neogaf about being banned?
This thread has been locked by dropK1CK ninJA