Game Discussion: Wolfenstein: The New Order Forum

Glitch That Removes Perks and Collectibles

AuthorMessage
xIMr VenomIx
xIMr VenomIx
Posted on 23 May 14 at 13:31, Edited on 25 May 14 at 06:47 by xIMr VenomIx
Be Careful!!!!

Last night I exited the game by quitting to the menu and turning off my One. This morning I woke up and turned the One on and started the game up without logging into my account. As soon as the game started up it stated account changed returning to the title screen. So obviously I just logged into my account and hit resume. But I soon realized that all of my perks were reset as well as my collectibles. I have tried restarting the One and they are all gone. To avoid this happening to you the only thing I can think of would be to make sure you press the menu button when on Xbox home and quit the game and then make sure you are signed in before starting the game up. I only hope it didn't mess up my progress on Uber. Ill Let you guys know once I beat it if the Achievement pops.

Good Luck!!

***Update***

This glitch does not prevent from obtaining the difficulty achievements but it does delete progress on chapters. Meaning that after I completed the game it gave me the achievement but it was as if I hadn't beat it because the chapters were not unlocked. So you would have to start a new game entirely from scratch. So just be careful when you're starting up the game and you should be fine.
x iTz BrIaNa x
LYarbrou543
LYarbrou543
Posted on 23 May 14 at 16:05
That sucks, I feel your pain dude. At least it's a relatively easy completion

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 23 May 14 at 22:15, Edited on 23 May 14 at 22:17 by
Well if it makes you feel any better you can play on the easiest difficulty and then replay the last chapter on Uber to get all of the difficulty based Achievements.

Another option is play up to chapter 4 & get all of the Enigma Codes as you go then once you have all the codes required to solve the first one, you can restart the game in 999 Mode which should make Uber difficulty much easier.
xIMr VenomIx
xIMr VenomIx
Posted on 24 May 14 at 16:09
I wish I would have known that I could play on easy all the way up to the end and then switch. I figured developers were smarter than that now a days but I guess not laugh
x iTz BrIaNa x
Hawkins21
Hawkins21
Posted on 24 May 14 at 16:13
thanks for the tip^
Skweetis
Skweetis
Posted on 10 August 14 at 18:37
This exact same thing happened to me. I was about to sit down and enter all the codes, but I had to leave. When I came back the next day, I had the profile message pop up, I got back into the game, and all my progress was lost.

That's a pretty nasty glitch. I spent a lot of time making sure I cleared every level of Enigma Codes.

I have been reading up on it, and apparently it happens on the Steam version as well, even though Steam doesn't have exactly the same Profile / System setup as XBox One, obviously. Seems like their save game code was done poorly.

I enjoyed the game, but this left a bad taste in my mouth. It adds more fuel to the fire that Bethesda products tend to be buggy (but also fun!).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.