The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: June 4th, 2015

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,390
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,613,507
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 15:21, Edited on 04 June 15 at 15:22 by ROBBERT DHT
    Word of warning when this returns is always welcome, from XBA:

*** Note that this achievement can become permanently unobtainable on some devices if you unlock it on one without doing the simultaneous kill on the others. For instance, if you play on the WP and unlock this achievement, and then later complete level four on the Xbox, for many people the achievement will not unlock on the Xbox even if playing offline on a clean install. This glitch applies to all of the campaign achievements!

The game saves to the cloud and the saves can be accessed from any device. This has benefits and drawbacks. The primary benefit is that you really only have to play the game once even if you own all three versions of it, as long as you load saves correctly (see below for details). The primary drawback is that if you DO NOT load saves correctly, some achievements can become permanently unachievable on other devices. As such, I strongly recommend purchasing all of the three versions you plan on playing before starting any of them, and then progressing on all of them simultaneously. This is the most efficient use of your time and avoids any glitches.
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,403,762
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 15:25
    Every time this appears I'm tempted to buy, but the prospect of glitching myself is just too off-putting.
  • Posted on 04 June 15 at 15:49
    ROBBERT DHT said:Word of warning when this returns is always welcome, from XBA:

*** Note that this achievement can become permanently unobtainable on some devices if you unlock it on one without doing the simultaneous kill on the others. For instance, if you play on the WP and unlock this achievement, and then later complete level four on the Xbox, for many people the achievement will not unlock on the Xbox even if playing offline on a clean install. This glitch applies to all of the campaign achievements!

The game saves to the cloud and the saves can be accessed from any device. This has benefits and drawbacks. The primary benefit is that you really only have to play the game once even if you own all three versions of it, as long as you load saves correctly (see below for details). The primary drawback is that if you DO NOT load saves correctly, some achievements can become permanently unachievable on other devices. As such, I strongly recommend purchasing all of the three versions you plan on playing before starting any of them, and then progressing on all of them simultaneously. This is the most efficient use of your time and avoids any glitches.
    How risky is this? Is this why you haven't started it yet? Is there a walkthrough demonstrating perfect cloud saving for all platforms? It's just a great deal to pass up, wish there weren't any problems to begin with.
    http://tinyurl.com/nsxg6rm <== EASY WAY TO MAKE $5 XBOX LIVE BY USING BING
  • Posted on 04 June 15 at 15:51
    Im out !!!
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,628,075
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 16:25
    Well what in the world WP was released today as well, not really surprising it has 2 glitches achievements. Gametroopers are keeping up their record of broke WP games the last 3 all have un-obtainables. I think they are tryin to overtake gameloft as the most useless and un-reliable WP publisher!
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,628,075
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 16:26, Edited on 04 June 15 at 16:27 by NO1KEV
    I would also like more WP games with a base price than the constant free to play crap with a million microtransactions, or 50-100 hour grindy achievements.
  • heatlightheatlight2,062,473
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 16:34
    ill wayn3 said:ROBBERT DHT said:Word of warning when this returns is always welcome, from XBA:

How risky is this? Is this why you haven't started it yet? Is there a walkthrough demonstrating perfect cloud saving for all platforms? It's just a great deal to pass up, wish there weren't any problems to begin with.
    The only achievements that can glitch are the ones for finishing each world, and the ones for collecting X amount of skulls. So just save before reaching those milestones, then boot up all three platforms at the same time to pop the achievements.
  • RotcatRotcat145,848
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 16:40
    I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clap
  • TaeglinTaeglin663,150
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 16:59
    Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clap$1.19 Canadian for me.
    Taeglin tooclan.net
  • Posted on 04 June 15 at 17:12
    Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clapHaha $1.20 New Zealand for me :D thanks for the notice
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,406,687
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 17:12
    Taeglin said:Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clap$1.19 Canadian for me.It shows up as $4.99 when I find it in the list of games, but when I select it, it shows up as $0.99 on my phone.

Needless to say I bought it. The worst that could happen would be them deactivated it having to refund me a dollar laugh
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,287,188
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 17:14
    Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clapSweet! I got it for $0.99 US. This is a cross-buy title too, right. So you get the Win8 version as well.
  • Posted on 04 June 15 at 17:15, Edited on 04 June 15 at 17:19 by MeticulousMight
    xPut Name Herex said:Taeglin said:Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clap$1.19 Canadian for me.It shows up as $4.99 when I find it in the list of games, but when I select it, it shows up as $0.99 on my phone.

Needless to say I bought it. The worst that could happen would be them deactivated it having to refund me a dollar laugh
    Exactly what I was thinking! Purchased $$

MrZombieChicken said:Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clapSweet! I got it for $0.99 US. This is a cross-buy title too, right. So you get the Win8 version as well.I'm not sure how to tell now and I'm away from my laptop but from the initial posting on here its named a universal app so it sounds like it.
    http://tinyurl.com/nsxg6rm <== EASY WAY TO MAKE $5 XBOX LIVE BY USING BING
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,613,507
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 17:19
    ill wayn3 said:ROBBERT DHT said:Word of warning when this returns is always welcome, from XBA:

Well there is a guide here: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55199...

Follow it and you should be safe. However I don't like these risk on perm glitch yourself stuff and it's not a biggy to miss so I avoid it. I got enough games on WP/W8 already anyway aside the 360/One games.
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252894,358
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 17:35

I did all 3 and I found it to be pretty easy to sync, so I honestly wouldn't worry too much about. These are great games so even if you are worried at least play through on one platform.
  • WardieshireWardieshire590,069
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 19:00
    Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clapThanks for this, just got it for 79p smile Can't wait to start this game it looks really good from what i've seen
  • Posted on 04 June 15 at 19:02
    Got Hitman! toast
    Forever damned to not complete Worms 2 Armageddon... T_T
  • oO KwaX OooO KwaX Oo209,306
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 19:06
    Rotcat said:I've just a few seconds bought 'Hitman GO' in the WP store for €0,99. Is this also a sale? clapThanks! toast
  • Streak LeaderStreak Leader3,208,397
    Posted on 04 June 15 at 19:09
    Hitman is taking over the comments! Just bought the WP version for $.99. The Windows 8 marketplace still shows it at $4.99. Do you only get it for free if you buy the Win8 version first? I wouldn't think so, but I guess that's why I'm asking the question...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.