Game Discussion: Motocross Madness Forum

Having trouble getting Number 1 due to network error?

AuthorMessage
Silent Star
Silent Star
Posted on 08 August 14 at 18:51
Is anyone having a problem where they can't download the ghost on the challenges to get the Number One achievement?
AkSoV
AkSoV
Posted on 08 August 14 at 19:23
Yeap, had it too.

I was lucky enough to have others friends on the game, so others challenges available, and it worked fine.

Sometimes it's just the ghost of one specific friend/gamer, you'll need to find an other one who did a challenge and beat it.
Silent Star
Silent Star
Posted on 09 August 14 at 06:02
Well I've tried 2 different people so far. Guess I'll keep trying more people lol. thanks for the help!
Kez001
Kez001
Posted on 10 August 14 at 00:27
I couldn't get challenges to appear at all, even with a friend trying to barely beat my score until after I started clearing trick races. On one of those I beat all the scores on my club wall and it finally popped.
Silent Star
Silent Star
Posted on 11 August 14 at 18:26
Like many I have had a hell of a time with this achievement. I did everything I could think of to unlock with no luck until I tried this:

1. Move your profile's saved game data to a USB storage device.
2.Create another account and have it unlock a Rival Event that your profile does not have a score on.
3. Play that Rival Event with the temporary profile first (I did Dynasty City).
4. Once you have a time established (mine was 1:43.84) sign into your main profile again.
5. Now you will have to reach the specific Rival Event with your main profile again because you removed the old data.
6. Once you play the event, be sure that the temporary profile and your main profile are friends and you see the temporary profile as number one for the event. If not, reload the game so it registers the information.
7.With your main profile beat the temporary profile's time-ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. (My time was 1:41.54).
8. Delete temporary profile and all saved motorcross game info on your memory. Then move old memory back from the USB so you don't have to start over again.

Things to note, I had the dlc installed but then removed it for this. No other friends had times in that specific Rival Event. I used the Lancer but upgraded when I could. I was about level 5.

I hope this helps everyone struggling with this glitched POS. Happy achievement hunting!

This is what finally did it for me! Just had to move my save to a USB and then play the second account to the rivals and set a time, after that just play through on a new game from the profile you're getting the achievement on from the hard drive and it should unlock if you were having troubles.
MinorGrope
MinorGrope
Posted on 25 August 14 at 00:50
I always instantaneously get the network error message (failed to load other players ghost)
Exalted Entity
Posted on 25 August 14 at 00:55
Yep. I am getting that problem too. Which is why I quit playing it for a while, hoping it will resolve shortly.
Claptrap NL
Posted on 03 January 15 at 13:46
I've the same problem for a few months now. Does anyone know if it can get fixed?
See my blog
Hords
Hords
Posted on 11 January 15 at 08:19
Same issue with network error on two different challenges. Hope it eventually works :(
Claptrap NL
Posted on 12 January 15 at 18:47
I've tried it a few times in a few months and I don't think they'll fix it.
See my blog
Alinthenigel
Posted on 20 January 15 at 11:05
I got the couldn't load ghost message as well, but just played against the developers and beat the score the challenge had (the challenge was a trick one) and it unlocked for me. Hope that helps at least a few.
Claptrap NL
Posted on 20 January 15 at 11:36
I might gonna try that. Thanks @Alinthenigel
See my blog
GreenBeretBrown
Posted on 23 January 15 at 17:00
Sure of this ?
Claptrap NL
Posted on 24 January 15 at 11:28
GreenBeretBrown said:Sure of this ?It doesn't work
See my blog
ForcefulOliver2
Posted on 18 February 15 at 04:58, Edited on 18 February 15 at 05:03 by ForcefulOliver2
What @alinthenigel said its true and it works, i was always getting that network error, so i checked the comments the guideof that achievement. There a guy called runningfreak he said the same thing, i got it as well after beating the developpers 3 times gold in a row.
When you beat the first one they will give you another one, do it, same thing with the third then you will get your achievement(go see the date of the comment, couple days ago i posted it)
ForcefulOliver2
Posted on 18 February 15 at 05:01
I forgot to mention, DO NOT have the dlc installed, cant connect to bike club with the dlc(if already bought, like me, just uninstall it, its all good)
Claptrap NL
Posted on 18 February 15 at 16:58
I don't have the DLC and it DOES NOT work
See my blog
DeeperWhale0626
Posted on 03 May 16 at 13:47
It still doesnt work even without the dlc i got it randomly while on the main menu though
Astariah
Astariah
Posted on 05 August 16 at 00:47
ive beaten 2 top times and still no achievement, and my challenges screen in the bike club is blank, nothin there
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.