Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Multiple Windows Phone Games Updated

• MatrarchMatrarch1,014,983
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 14:43Permalink
    Updates make old games playable on Windows Phone 8 devices

Please click here to read the story: Multiple Windows Phone Games Updated

Credit goes to heatlight for this story
  • theshadowtheshadow879,591
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 14:50Permalink
    Awesome! I'll go over the list after work today and pick up the games I was wanting, but weren't yet WP8 compatible.
  • XtowersXtowers512,585
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 14:50Permalink
    Perhaps this is also tied to the pending official release of the WP 8.1 update?
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,419,892
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 14:51Permalink
    Very cool! Shame none of these are games sitting waiting to be played on my own WP7.
  • Posted on 16 July 14 at 14:51Permalink
    I was expecting a list of delistings!
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory1,570,237
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 14:58, Edited on 16 July 14 at 15:00 by Death and GloryPermalink
    I'm kinda confused. I've been able to play alot of those games on my WP8 since I got it last year.

Also you can include Pac-Man Kart Rally and Pool Pro Online 3. I was able to download those after I updated to 8.1
  • Arron114Arron114849,882
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:04Permalink
    This update happened about 5 months ago for me.
  • djjdjj689,706
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:04Permalink
    Yeah confused here too, they may have gotten updates but I have 5-6 of these on my wp8 and they've been on it for ages, several others have been in the store as well, I would say half this list was already on wp8.

I even bought Spartan assault the day it came out on wp8, it's never been a wp7 only game...
  • Always SaucyAlways Saucy504,684
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:05Permalink
    HingedMonster said:I was expecting a list of delistings!haha right?
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,226,791
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:09, Edited on 16 July 14 at 15:11 by TheMaizePermalink
    i dont get it....i have Windows phone 8.1, and i already have most of those games....

the games that have been updated is not the ones you mention..but the ones listed below:

hasta la muerte
    ms. splosion man 2
    ghostscape
    fable coin golf
    OMG: our manic game
    Glow Artisan
    Big Buck Hunter pro

the rest have been available for 8.1 for ages....a lot of it have never been Windows phone 7 games
  • MatrarchMatrarch1,014,983
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:11Permalink
    TheMaize said:i dont get it....i have Windows phone 8.1, and i already have most of those games....

the games that have been updated is not the ones you mention..but the ones listed below:

hasta la muerte
    ms. splosion man 2
    ghostscape
    fable coin golf
    Glow Artisan
    Big Buck Hunter pro
    To be honest, I've noticed some of them back before this too, but they had been relisted and returned, and we've not noted them before, so they're collected together.

That said, Hasta la Muerte, Glow Artisan, and Big Buck Hunter are on the list. :) I'll check the other games you've listed on my device and add them above. :)
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:13, Edited on 16 July 14 at 15:15 by TheMaizePermalink
    i have been checking my list multiple times a week, and i can guarantee that the titles i listed have not been available on my phone in 2014....

neither from the Danish, chinese or irish store

you are right about games like z0mbies, battlewagon being delisted a few weeks back though, and now reappearing
  • eHeadacheseHeadaches238,139
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:14Permalink
    Yeah. Ive been running wp7 games fine on my 8 since i got it at the start of the year. I find this news peculiar.
  • Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:16, Edited on 16 July 14 at 15:20 by xPut Name HerexPermalink
    This is a list of a multitude of differing updates. Most of them are optimization updates for WP8.1 (which started rolling out internationally this week), so even if the game already ran in WP8.1 preview for developers, it should now run better. A handful of these are also support for 512MB of RAM phones, so if you low-end phone you can now play them where previously only the mid-range and up phones could play them. And then there's the few WP7 only games now updated to run on WP8(.1) devices. So some of you may have already been playing these games, while others get to play them for the first time on their devices.
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:16, Edited on 16 July 14 at 15:31 by Death and GloryPermalink
    Matrarch said:TheMaize said:i dont get it....i have Windows phone 8.1, and i already have most of those games....

hasta la muerte
    ms. splosion man 2
    ghostscape
    fable coin golf
    Glow Artisan
    Big Buck Hunter pro
    To be honest, I've noticed some of them back before this too, but they had been relisted and returned, and we've not noted them before, so they're collected together.

That said, Hasta la Muerte, Glow Artisan, and Big Buck Hunter are on the list. :) I'll check the other games you've listed on my device and add them above. :)
    I've had OMG for months so that wasn't too recent. Having Big Buck Hunter on WP8 should make it alot easier hopefully with faster hardware.
  • JadedMeanKatJadedMeanKat595,014
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:17Permalink
    For those talking about already being able to play some of these games, if you read the article it says 512mb & wp8 devices. Some wp8 are 512mb & weren't able to play good chunk of games due to the hardware.
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:20Permalink
    Matrarch said:TheMaize said:i dont get it....i have Windows phone 8.1, and i already have most of those games....

hasta la muerte
    ms. splosion man 2
    ghostscape
    fable coin golf
    Glow Artisan
    Big Buck Hunter pro

except for those 3 games, the rest of your list have no changes though....i have all those 32 games on my Windows 8.1 phone, and have not received any updates
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:22Permalink
    MURD3RS GIRL said:For those talking about already being able to play some of these games, if you read the article it says 512mb & wp8 devices. Some wp8 are 512mb & weren't able to play good chunk of games due to the hardware.That makes sense and it's what I initially thought, however, some of these games weren't available for any 8.0 phone, 512mb or not. The article didn't really mention which are actually new to everyone and just new to 512mb devices.
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:22, Edited on 16 July 14 at 15:26 by TheMaizePermalink
    DeAtH434 said:Matrarch said:TheMaize said:i dont get it....i have Windows phone 8.1, and i already have most of those games....

hasta la muerte
    ms. splosion man 2
    ghostscape
    fable coin golf
    Glow Artisan
    Big Buck Hunter pro

I've had OMG for months so that wasn't too recent. Have Big Buck Hunter on WP8 should make it alot easier hopefully with faster hardware.
    Deer hunter 3D, is wp8, sure you dont mean that one?
    big buck hunter 3d havent been avaiable on my phone this year.

OMG have not been on the Marketplace since i bought my Windows 8 phone around a year ago...

i guess it can be different depending on phone and Marketplace

but atleast on my Lumia 920, it have been as i write in 2014 on the Danish, chinese and irish marketplaces
  • TBonePhoneTBonePhone611,911
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 15:24Permalink
    The only titles I'd encountered that couldn't be played on WP8 were the original minesweeper (not Microsoft Minesweeper), Sudoku, and Full House Poker, none of which seem to have made it to WP8 yet. As many have said, a bunch of those games are WP8 only and were never available on WP7
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.