Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Multiple Windows Phone Games Updated

• Posted on 16 July 14 at 22:18Permalink
    Why couldn't MS tell us that they were working on this instead of constantly seeing game after game being pulled and no word about it ever returning? MS has TERRIBLE communication skills when it comes to Windows Phone.
  • Posted on 16 July 14 at 22:22Permalink
    ll Viper 61 ll said:No more (iOS) games? I was really hoping for more than just word games.Not sure why you are bringing up iOS games in a thread about games for Windows Phone returning to the store. I am sure MS will continue to port over some of their games to iOS and Android since it's such a huge market.
  • Dannyboi511Dannyboi511141,736 141,736 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 22:29Permalink
    This is finally some great news about the Windows Phone. Now, can they bring back the first waves of the delisted games? There were some I never got the chance to finish.
    Bigdanzo51169 - Happy Gaming!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead520,287
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 22:33, Edited on 16 July 14 at 22:56 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    I'm still waiting for a release of WP 8.1 in New Zealand, so heaven knows when we will get WP 8.1 Update. I really hate Microsoft's new OS version naming, OSR2 and R2 was bad enough, but Update is just nonsense. What comes next, Windows 8.1 Update Update??? What was wrong with SP1, or simply 8.1.1 or 8.2.

MathGuy42 said:For some reason, Plants vs. Zombies (WP) and Bejeweled Live (WP) are no longer available for my phone (HTC 8x). Another user reports the same on his Lumia 920. Yet they are not delisted. Anyone know why this is happening?I picked up on the problem with Bejeweled Live (WP) as well. They had changed it to one of the games you needed to login to see the price, the same as for hardware exclusives. It was not available for either a Lumia 920 WP8.0 or Lumia 710 WP7.8, but it has come right now. I'm guessing someone mistakenly set a vendor specific flag.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 July 14 at 22:57Permalink
    This is me reading this thread...headspinlaugh
    If you're havin' completion problems, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems, but DLC ain't one...
  • Posted on 16 July 14 at 23:15Permalink
    TheAscendance said:Were is the update for "Deer hunter 3d" so pissed I cant 100% that. cuz it's a GLU mobile game they fucking suck at making games & updating them just the worst
  • coipcoip185,999
    Posted on 16 July 14 at 23:46Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:range is good said:Babel Rising 3D has a WP8 version.
    Glow Artisan is a really cool game but there seems to be a save bug.
    Ms. Splosion Man showed up as downloadable a few hours ago but now it says it's not available for my WP8.0 device. What gives?
    True, but this is referring to the original version.

Babel Rising 3D (WP) - Original only supports WP7
    Babel Rising 3D (2013) (WP) - Updated for only WP8

You have to buy it twice but you also get twice the achievements.
    Right, my point was that I highly doubt Ubisoft would spend the resources to make Babel Rising 3D (WP7) compatible with Windows Phone 8 when they already spent the resources making a separate WP8 version, particularly when neither version sold well or reviewed well.
  • Chris8875Chris8875517,741
    Posted on 17 July 14 at 00:02Permalink
    I can confirm that at least 5 of these games weren't available on the WP8 in Australia just last week - I downloaded demo or trial versions of a number of games for my WP phone and it specifically requested that I download the demo to my old WP7 phone, not my WP8 Lumia.

In looking at that list as well - there are some great games on it - I recommend Max and the Magic Marker and also Lode Runner. Shuffle Party is a fun free game as well.
  • supkrissupkris686,787
    Posted on 17 July 14 at 03:26Permalink
    good news....full house poker on win 8 would have been a real bonus
  • ElyohElyoh795,271
    Posted on 17 July 14 at 07:18Permalink
    Great news smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Priit3Priit31,015,516
    Posted on 17 July 14 at 07:38Permalink
    Awesome!!!
  • Joel SnakeJoel Snake284,324
    Posted on 17 July 14 at 13:34, Edited on 17 July 14 at 14:17 by Joel SnakePermalink
    Is it possible to re-download a delsited title on a WP7 device through your purchase history? I really want to complete Tentacles and my WP7 device was stolen a year ago. Thanks!
    Gamertag: Joel Snake PSN ID: JoelSnake
  • Posted on 17 July 14 at 14:34Permalink
    Joel Snake said:Is it possible to re-download a delsited title on a WP7 device through your purchase history? I really want to complete Tentacles and my WP7 device was stolen a year ago. I'm getting a WP8 next week. Thanks!You can download it manually but it still won't let you install. Once a WP title is delisted if you don't have it installed you are hosed forever. cry
  • Joel SnakeJoel Snake284,324
    Posted on 17 July 14 at 14:44Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:Joel Snake said:Is it possible to re-download a delsited title on a WP7 device through your purchase history? I really want to complete Tentacles and my WP7 device was stolen a year ago. I'm getting a WP8 next week. Thanks!You can download it manually but it still won't let you install. Once a WP title is delisted if you don't have it installed you are hosed forever. cryThat sucks! Thanks for the reply!
    Gamertag: Joel Snake PSN ID: JoelSnake
  • Posted on 17 July 14 at 17:33Permalink
    Great to see so many games updated!
    I hope this is a first sign that Xbox on WP is still a thing and more is yet to come.

Also I'd like to see some of those "new/updated" titles showing up as "Red Stripe Deals"... getting tired of the same deals over and over again :p
  • Ueki420Ueki420683,378
    Posted on 18 July 14 at 02:56Permalink
    I had some of those games on my WP8 and once updated to WP8.1 they will not work and I uninstalled a few before I realized that they weren't on the marketplace anymore.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN290,398
  • MMMDIMMMDI791,648
    Posted on 18 July 14 at 06:13Permalink
    Big Buck Hunter Pro doesn't seem to work on my Lumia 520. I bought it, I can get to the menu, I go to start a game, and.... "Loading, please wait." It hangs there for at least five minutes (which is when I gave up). Tried rebooting the phone entirely, nada.

Is Ghostscape W7 only?
  • EddieM1974EddieM1974363,895
    Posted on 18 July 14 at 07:34Permalink
    All wp7 conversions to wp8 (except Glow Artisan) have been pulled from the marketplace again. Will they reappear? Only god knows....
  • Posted on 18 July 14 at 19:03Permalink
    Get the facts correct please. Big Buck Hunter Pro is not available on a WP8 device.
    HappyCampersII
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.