Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Leap Frog Week Two Update

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:13
Plus another fix for the latest Xbox LIVE issue

Please click here to read the story: Leap Frog Week Two Update
Mephisto4thewin
Mephisto4thewin
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:24
Probably the only way ill get a mention is if i win the whole thing. Which looking at my schedule seems unlikely.
Living Legends
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:28
I dropped out due to just finding it too much time to devote. Had fun but I was just not having fun playing games for achievements. I play MP too much.
Praise the sun!!!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:36
I dropped out due to having a life haha.

Seriously this competition expects people to play for achievements rather than fun and enjoyment, so people end up playing games they don't even want to play to hit the pointless deadline.

It's all quite sad really, the only good thing is that the numbers are so low so it's good to know most people on the site have lives and couldn't indeed give a shit about this sort of pathetic 'competition'.

/rant over
AndroidOdnetnin
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:43
KOF Sky Stage will make me lose my name spot for "Gamers that have Earned the Exact Number of Required Achievements Only in All X Periods" after today. The achievement I earned counted twice on the site due to a glitch on the site on that game. So I earned 19 achievements, but site says I've earned 20. Bummer. I enjoyed seeing my name listed up there in the recap.
----Psymon Adjani
RioT vIv
RioT vIv
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:44
It's been fun, but I'm going to have to call it quits this next period (20). I have the time to get the achievements.. problem is, I don't own enough games cry hah.

Look forward to the next one/next new event. Good luck to those who remain.
BrutishMuffin
BrutishMuffin
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:47
Day 17 messed me up for getting the exact amount of achievements everyday. I ended up getting all 17, couldn't scan them in due to the server issues, and decided to try and get three more to see if they'd scan. Pretty crappy way to lose my exact amount every day. Oh well, I'll get over it.
yeahwhatever84
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:47
Unfortunately a stomach bug cut my time short but was happy to get into double figure days though
lucas1987
lucas1987
Posted on 03 May 15 at 23:57
today is my last day. decided against continuing and focus of life a little more. Getting no sleep so i can get achievements is not fun when u have to work
matdan
matdan
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:15
AndroidOdnetnin said:KOF Sky Stage will make me lose my name spot for "Gamers that have Earned the Exact Number of Required Achievements Only in All X Periods" after today. The achievement I earned counted twice on the site due to a glitch on the site on that game. So I earned 19 achievements, but site says I've earned 20. Bummer. I enjoyed seeing my name listed up there in the recap.shock That looks odd.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
InundatedDad
InundatedDad
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:17
Riconoclast said:I dropped out due to having a life haha.

Seriously this competition expects people to play for achievements rather than fun and enjoyment, so people end up playing games they don't even want to play to hit the pointless deadline.

It's all quite sad really, the only good thing is that the numbers are so low so it's good to know most people on the site have lives and couldn't indeed give a shit about this sort of pathetic 'competition'.

/rant over
I only made 5 days. And honestly, I couldn't keep up due to work, life, and school commitments. But come on people... stop complaining and pointing out all these people "who don't have a life". We all waste time in our own ways. No reason to get all high and mighty. If this competition doesn't interest you, there is no reason to belittle the people who are enjoying it.

And I know this is the internet so it shouldn't surprise me, but I like this community and am glad that it caters to diverse and varied groups of gamers.

Whatever happened to bowing out gracefully?

/rant over
ScuzzyBunny
ScuzzyBunny
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:18
Not too sure where "I can't participate because I have a life" comments are coming from. I am married, a full time student, take care of my daughter, and spend 2-3 hours a day at the gym and pool...and to date the most required has been a whopping 19 achvs. Just because some people are popping 40+ achvs a day (and "being #1" in achvs) doesn't mean you had to. This is an endurance contest.

I mean, really, if you are going to play games an hour or so a day anyhow, it's not that bad to play some that you need achvs in. I have been balancing out some I started for last year's bean dive and hitting a few easy games in my backlog, so it's win-win for me. A few friends and I have used this contest as an excuse to play some coop games we had been neglecting, so I guess maybe we just don't have lives (by your standards)?

...and "people are playing games they wouldn't"...REALLY? Most of my friends were playing the TellTale games (mainly the Walking Dead), which are generally very entertaining (especially Tales from the Borderlands and GoT).
Look at me so I can finish!
ScuzzyBunny
ScuzzyBunny
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:21
matdan12 said:AndroidOdnetnin said:KOF Sky Stage will make me lose my name spot for "Gamers that have Earned the Exact Number of Required Achievements Only in All X Periods" after today. The achievement I earned counted twice on the site due to a glitch on the site on that game. So I earned 19 achievements, but site says I've earned 20. Bummer. I enjoyed seeing my name listed up there in the recap.shock That looks odd.The same thing happened to me...I think it had to do with the Day 17 glitch. I popped an achv at 23:45 (GMT) and it counted on Day 18. I was already safe for 17, so I don't know if it counted twice, but it definitely threw my total up one that it shouldn't have.
Look at me so I can finish!
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:31
Love this clever little competition.

Cannot wait to see what is next.
This space for rent.
MrPierceface
MrPierceface
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:37
Not sure why people get labelled "having no life" because they have been achieving more or continuing in the contest.
Through juggling work and being a full time student as well as not neglecting the missus, I still have been finding the time to get the ones I need for each period. It's prompted me to start games I had stored away and to play multiplayer and coop games with friends again after neglecting it for so long.
I salute anyone continuing on and finding the time to get the required amount. toast *round of virtual beers for everyone* and water or soft drink for the underage or non drinkers.
Knight Maximus
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:37
I want to see who is going to be the last man standing, Ill give it till period 70...
perfectionist
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 04 May 15 at 00:51
Good luck to all.
Cer3bra1Asassin
Posted on 04 May 15 at 01:02

/rant over
Well considering GTASC is going on which by the way is more of a completion as far as scoring and devoting your life to, many of the same gamers are in both so the scoring for that is bleeding over into this completion.
Come Join Gamertagnation!!! http://www.gamertagnation.com/?referrerid=3465
Redders 420
Redders 420
Posted on 04 May 15 at 01:29, Edited on 04 May 15 at 01:30 by Redders 420

/rant over
You obviously care about this "pathetic competition" as you put it because you entered it and you're checking this article! Also looking at your upcoming sessions it seems you are the one with no life! All you're doing is showing what a sore loser you are, now go play Nicklodeon Dance and enjoy your "life" laugh

/rant rebuttal over

OT: Well done to everyone still going! 20 Years of TA Pro and counting....
It's more than just a game, It's a passion.
Das Kuhnen
Das Kuhnen
Posted on 04 May 15 at 01:51
You gamers still in this are in beast mode! Well done! toast
Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.