Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Earth Defense Force 2025 Screens Break Out

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 28 September 13 at 20:56
Giant robots, giant insects and rocket launchers

Please click here to read the story: Earth Defense Force 2025 Screens Break Out

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 28 September 13 at 21:12
Hope its more like the 1st rather than the second.
Beauty Blade
Beauty Blade
Posted on 28 September 13 at 21:17
If this is like 2017 then I'll most certainly play it. The first one was a lot of fun. For some reason, I thought this game was already out, but I guess I was wrong.
Zalsha
Zalsha
Posted on 28 September 13 at 21:20, Edited on 28 September 13 at 21:21 by Zalsha
ZOMBIE REDNECK said:
Hope its more like the 1st rather than the second.
Note this is 4 in Japan. This franchise is older than you think. I know you are referring to EDF 2017, which wasn't the first one, but it is a sequel to that lineage. Insect Armageddon was an American studio trying to make an EDF game and failing, so I doubt we will see IA2.
Dom2096
Dom2096
Posted on 28 September 13 at 23:21
Love this series. I REALLY hope we get a sequel designed for Xbox One.
guns vs kittens
Posted on 29 September 13 at 00:12
Really hope this is like 2017.

I randomly wondered if there was going to be an XBone sequal and came across this page. Pretty weird.
...But why is the rum gone???
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 29 September 13 at 08:15, Edited on 29 September 13 at 08:16 by acedawg4
It EXACTLY like 2017....im addicted to the series, and this game by far is THE BEST ONE. Love the online to it, but with over 100 levels and 4 characters to choose, its well balanced. Achievement hunters beware....its an extremly difficult grind to 100% but fun.
I will be getting the stackable us version to do it all over again :-)
ShinUkyo
ShinUkyo
Posted on 29 September 13 at 08:28
Zalsha said:
Insect Armageddon was an American studio trying to make an EDF game and failing, so I doubt we will see IA2.
Insect Armageddon was a brilliant game. I also spent way more time on it than any of the three previous EDF titles due to it finally having online multiplayer. It was just a different take compared to what Sandlot offered. It lost some aspects of what we liked in EDF3 but also added loads of much-needed improvements. Many of which were then incorporated into EDF4 (and the Vita re-release of EDF3.)

Now that the new Sandlot-developed version is out, and amazing, I can't wait to pick it up. I've played little bits of EDF4 local co-op with my friend, since he has a JP-360. Since I don't have a Japanese console, sadly, I'll have to wait. I've always been in some form of financial situation that prevented me from being able to afford a JP system. Which, as a fan of Cave games and other exclusive shmups, has always hurt.

acedawg4 said:
Is there any sort of official info to suggest it will be stackable? Neither of the previous EDF games from this generation were stackable. And that's a good thing, if it continues with this one: since it means that people in any region will be able to play online multiplayer together. When a game gets different regional versions it counts as separate titles and therefore does not share online connectivity between them. This was a nightmare with extreme cases like Ninety-Nine Nights II, for example, which had no less than five versions.
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 29 September 13 at 23:08
acedawg4 said:
Is there any sort of official info to suggest it will be stackable? Neither of the previous EDF games from this generation were stackable. And that's a good thing, if it continues with this one: since it means that people in any region will be able to play online multiplayer together. When a game gets different regional versions it counts as separate titles and therefore does not share online connectivity between them. This was a nightmare with extreme cases like Ninety-Nine Nights II, for example, which had no less than five versions.

No hints that it will be stackable just yet, but I hope so, so that I can enjoy it all over again in my language :) Lots of the menus and stats, I cannot follow. I just think it will be more Im missing out on not being able to read the text.
The Monk BAD IT
Posted on 30 September 13 at 09:00
Will keep an eye out for this
>> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
Zalsha
Zalsha
Posted on 01 October 13 at 00:14
ShinUkyo said:
Zalsha said:
Insect Armageddon was an American studio trying to make an EDF game and failing, so I doubt we will see IA2.
Insect Armageddon was a brilliant game. I also spent way more time on it than any of the three previous EDF titles due to it finally having online multiplayer. It was just a different take compared to what Sandlot offered. It lost some aspects of what we liked in EDF3 but also added loads of much-needed improvements. Many of which were then incorporated into EDF4 (and the Vita re-release of EDF3.)
Insect Armageddon didn't really feel like an EDF game, though. For being just a third person shooter, it was alright, but as far as being an EDF game? Didn't feel it, it was far far far too short.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.