The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: November 11th, 2014 [UPDATED]

• DigiLuigiDigiLuigi366,599
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 15:58Permalink
    Not true at all. Took me a week or so and I wasn't even playing full days. There are games out there that take months of practice to fully complete.
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje322,368
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 16:15Permalink
    Ackter said:Catherine is genuinely one of the hardest games around to 100% complete.No, sir, it's not. It has a very fair ratio that instantly tells you what to expect: quite challenging, but nowhere near being the hardest around.

Rapunzel would have been the ultimate nightmare, if not for easy-to-find guides. The same is true (to a slightly lesser extent) for getting gold for all nights in hard mode: doing it yourself is satisfying, but you could easily copy what a guide is doing.

That leaves Babel as the toughest challenge, but it's something that CAN be learned. What you actually get is random, but for any "floor" the game selects one of a few predetermined layouts, so you WILL get to know them better. I can tell you that it's very satisfying to notice yourself getting the hang of it, seeing yourself successfully deal with floors that turned out to be your pitfalls many times before.
    And yes, even for Babel, video guides are helpful to study how some layouts can be best dealt with.
    There is also the Catherine wikia which has some good advice. For Menhir, it even has a handy chart of all possible layouts. This was great study material for me in order to instantly recognize everything and have plans ready.

For the full 1000 points, you need patience and perseverance. If you put in dedicated effort, you'll be surprised to see yourself succeed much faster than you originally expected.
  • AckterAckter324,968
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 16:23Permalink
    I'm sorry, but the ability to use guides to finish a game has no baring on its difficulty.
  • Posted on 12 November 14 at 18:23Permalink
    I highly recommend Catherine to anybody who loves challenging puzzle gaming and does not mind having to resort to pulling hair out of his own head in frustration.
  • Fury87Fury87680,715
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 18:29Permalink
    Catherine has been on my radar for ages and after reading through these comments I think I'm going to have to give it a go.
  • Posted on 12 November 14 at 19:19Permalink
    Still waiting for oblivion and star wars force unleashed dlc to go on sale!
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid320,573
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 19:53Permalink
    Some good games, but nothing that tickles my fancy. Moving on.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,792
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 20:50Permalink
    Blue n Gold Eel said:Can someone explain why the XBLA arcade games are 1 cent cheaper in AUS then they are in the US, but the GoD games are usually a few dollars more in AUS then the US when in the end it's all digital content.US (and UK) like 9.99 style pricing, whereas in Australia (and New Zealand) there is no 1 cent (1 pence) coin, hence 9.95. Drop 75% off that and the 4 cent difference closes to 1 cent.

XBLA are the same price the world over (if they were 800MSP in the US, then they were 800MSP in UK, AU, everywhere). GoD were always priced in local currency, so a new release is around $59.99USD and $99.95AUD and that hasn't changed. The sales are almost always a percentage discount, so 75% off makes $14.99USD and $24.95AUD.
  • Posted on 12 November 14 at 21:25Permalink
    Just a quick question: Is Castlestorm worth 10 dollars or is it just better to wait and hope that it becomes free with gold?
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face516,442
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 21:37Permalink
    Psychobilly1987 said:is foul play good ? looks fun but .. smell like GWG so dunnoI didnt care for it, it will do some damage to your controller with all the button mashing
    IT'SA ME SPAGHETT
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 November 14 at 22:08Permalink
    Got all the Serious sams in their last sale, dunno why 'cos they ;look shite!
    Excuse me while I whip this out
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen609,717
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 00:23Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:sham93 said:How is Castlestorm?
    Looks interesting enough but not sure if the discount is worth me picking it up, what with Halo, GTA and AC Unity...
    Its a lot of fun.
    +1.

My favorite arcade that year and a breath of fresh air in strategy for me at the time. Bought it the day I got a One to play it again.
    Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
  • TrEX 71RTrEX 71R598,697
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 00:36Permalink
    Nothing for me ( still waiting for DLC Aliens CM...
  • BillarghBillargh342,713
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 01:51Permalink
    Very tempted to pick up Catherine.
  • joe odelljoe odell198,864
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 03:21Permalink
    GruffleGrinder said:Nothing for me sadly. Cant believe non of the publishers put any war style games on for Armistice Day. thought Valiants Hearts at leastAlthough putting war games on sale would make sense, I bet a lot of people would class it as glorification of war in a time that is meant to be for respecting the fallen soldiers. Although I personally don't see it like that, you can see why it might be a bit of a touche subjectfor a sale
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 14 at 07:48Permalink
    Forum Policy

First rule: Keep content to "PG-13" level or lower.

Voicing your opinion is fine, insulting others with filthy language isn't.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 14 at 10:27, Edited on 13 November 14 at 16:30 by Permalink
    @Evandalist: DigiLuigi is right. Your posts were deleted for the (extremely) foul language. If you want to respond to the user who said you have no taste then go ahead, but do so while keeping it PG-13. The best response here would be stating why exactly you think all the mentioned games except Catherine are crap.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,934
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 19:34Permalink
    Back on topic please guys or I'll tear everyone's arms off. No exception. Yes, even you guy who hasn't said anything yet.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 14 at 19:50, Edited on 13 November 14 at 19:53 by Permalink
    I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, guys: let the Wookiee win.

OT: I hope the holiday sales start soon. There's some stuff I want to see on sale, like the AC III story DLC (yeah I know, I didn't get it yet) or that last piece of ME3 DLC I'm missing now.
  • AhayzoAhayzo654,574
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 20:15Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Back on topic please guys or I'll tear everyone's arms off. No exception. Yes, even you guy who hasn't said anything yet.shockcry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.