The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: November 11th, 2014 [UPDATED]

• Posted on 13 November 14 at 20:52Permalink
    So.

Is Catherine's final puzzle stuff that hard or can it be completed given enough time?
    This space for rent.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce765,386
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 21:32Permalink
    Billy Horrible said:I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, guys: let the Wookiee win.

OT: I hope the holiday sales start soon. There's some stuff I want to see on sale, like the AC III story DLC (yeah I know, I didn't get it yet) or that last piece of ME3 DLC I'm missing now.
    I too am hoping for ACIII DLC in the holiday sales. Or, better yet, the season pass.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 14 at 21:48Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Billy Horrible said:I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, guys: let the Wookiee win.

OT: I hope the holiday sales start soon. There's some stuff I want to see on sale, like the AC III story DLC (yeah I know, I didn't get it yet) or that last piece of ME3 DLC I'm missing now.
    I too am hoping for ACIII DLC in the holiday sales. Or, better yet, the season pass.
    Mèh, I never got an AC season pass and I don't plan to. I just get the story DLC and move on smile But just a huge AC DLC/pass sale would be nice for everyone who still has parts missing... AC II story DLC doesn't have achievements but I can recommend them.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • Posted on 13 November 14 at 23:30Permalink
    Catherine is awesome guys. Buy it.
  • NomstuffNomstuff689,840
    Posted on 13 November 14 at 23:41Permalink
    dropK1CK ninJA said:So.

Is Catherine's final puzzle stuff that hard or can it be completed given enough time?
    It's insane, truly insane
  • Posted on 13 November 14 at 23:54Permalink
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    So.

I'd say there's maybe three parts that can be considered hard, and two of them depend entirely on the player. Short version, it's doable given enough time, you just need very good working knowledge of the different techniques. Practice makes perfect and all that.

CatherineSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Catherine worth 329 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Rapunzel is the easiest of the hard achievements, just time-consuming. The rules are a bit different, as it isn't timed, but you have a finite amount of moves. Youtube playlist of all stages will get you the achievement easily.

CatherineSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Catherine worth 751 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

I'd argue this is the hardest one. Hard is legitimately difficult, there's no more undo button, and your streak needs to be preserved through the entire stage in order to get the gold. With this as my last achievement and coming fresh off the heels of another difficult achievement, it took a continuous six hours of trial and error just to beat the last two stages of the game with a perfect streak. A guide will help give you a good path up, but if you aren't following that guide within a tenth of a second, a boss or enemy could move out of expected position just enough to ruin the climb. You still need to know what you're doing, even with everything planned out, because those events will happen.

CatherineSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Catherine worth 990 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

You must know the game inside and out. Babel is randomized. A guide will only give you a semblance of a path up and what techniques to prioritize, because those videos will naturally only show the good runs. Furthermore, there's a glitch in all but the Japanese versions that leave Axis Mundi unbeatable if playing solo; you must play local co-op to beat it. Surprisingly, that opens the door to more strategies, which is why I think it's not as hard as Hard golds.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,055,859
    Posted on 14 November 14 at 12:21Permalink
    Thread clean up! Anything else off-topic will simply be deleted. Thanks.

Problems with moderation should be addressed to Clever Jake
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • JamPound32JamPound32852,599
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 13:15Permalink
    My wallet is safe this week, haven't been interested in anything dotw related in a while now. Probably for the best.
  • slysyslysy590,904
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 20:11Permalink
    Looks like the sale ended early. Xbox on titles no longer discounted :(
  • ZedarboyZedarboy1,406,973
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 03:07Permalink
    slysy said:Looks like the sale ended early. Xbox on titles no longer discounted :(Yes, they disappeared. Then Tomb Raider: DE appeared as a deal for gold, and eventually the others reappeared except for Castlestorm. No idea how long these will stay discounted...
  • SanadaSanada662,256
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 15:19Permalink
    slysy said:Looks like the sale ended early. Xbox on titles no longer discounted :(Good, hopefully it saved a few people from Divekick. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.