Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Early Lords of the Fallen DLC Details

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,984
  • STARS NightmareSTARS Nightmare1,008,637
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 00:26
    Will this game have more DLCs? Maybe a GOTY/ultimate edition? I would like to buy it, but if it is like Shadows of Mordors with all those DLCs and season pass, i preffer to be patient and wait...
  • wBRYwBRY748,308
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 00:31
    I thought lords of the fallen was a broken glitchfest pos. Shouldn't they fix that first?
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,123
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 00:49
    From what I've heard I hope they fix the frame rate issues first.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 November 14 at 01:03
    agree this games is so broken lets do dlc
  • Posted on 12 November 14 at 01:18
    Have yet to play it so I cannot judge. This is definitely on my list of games to pick up though.
  • XxEBENxXXxEBENxX215,947
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 01:55
    I do agree that the game has glitches but I wouldn't go as far to say it's broken. I only need 4 more achievements to be at 100% completion. So I'm really excited to get some dlc for it.
  • Internet HamInternet Ham444,132
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 03:32
    It's a more than commendable Dark Souls clone. My one complaint with Dark Souls was it was a little lacklustre in the visuls department. This has tried to remedy that problem successfully overall! I would not go so far as to call it a piece of shit.
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl899,748
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 06:32
    I play it and really enjoy it.
    Its definately something like Dark Souls but it "feels" much different.
    During the first two hours (for me) there were no glitches like some people mentoined.
    Ok there was a patch already but im not sure what it was for.

All i can say is that if you like rpgs, explore and find treasures like new gear and weapons and fight against some really hard enemys in a really cool location/world you cant go wrong with this game.

Even when they took A LOT from Dark Souls (yes it really makes you think: "I know this somehow") or the inventory menu (looks identically like Diablo 3) they added some other things making the game feel differrent... You have MUCH more choices in weapons, armor or magic speels.
    And most of all... Its absolutely not hard to get familiar with this game. After a short time youre totally in that world and i personally couldnt stop running around and exploring ;-)

So im glad about the dlc and hope there will be more...

Kind Regards
    Gaming since 1990!
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 06:33
    LuminaLightning said:agree this games is so broken lets do dlcSorry but this is simply NOT TRUE...

Kind Regards
    Gaming since 1990!
  • Calex dEUSCalex dEUS1,444,264
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 08:20
    It's dark souls lite , it's a fine game but the world is very small and there are some strange things like enemies you meet late in the game that because of the plot should be very weak but are super powerful :D

Also I kept getting loads of poison resist shards but I don't recall ever getting poisoned.

From what I heard the DLC will have to be accessed in the same way dark souls dlc was in that you have to enter a door in the game world
  • DeeUUDeeUU257,761
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 09:13
    Evil Kenivl said:LuminaLightning said:agree this games is so broken lets do dlcSorry but this is simply NOT TRUE...

Kind Regards
    It is true, it's a technical mess, and needs fixing.
  • Posted on 12 November 14 at 11:22, Edited on 12 November 14 at 11:23 by Spakon
    Danowat32 said:It's a technical mess, and needs fixing.Completely agree, I'm sick of devs shovelling out more content and expecting people to buy it before they fix what we already paid for.
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 12:00
    Danowat32 said:Evil Kenivl said:LuminaLightning said:agree this games is so broken lets do dlcSorry but this is simply NOT TRUE...

Kind Regards
    Example please...
    Gaming since 1990!
  • DeeUUDeeUU257,761
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 12:14
    Evil Kenivl said:Danowat32 said:Evil Kenivl said:LuminaLightning said:agree this games is so broken lets do dlcSorry but this is simply NOT TRUE...

Kind Regards
    Example please...
    Frequent pauses, frame rate dips, camera clipping through walls making it impossible to see, screen tearing, sound issues.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but the current state of it technically makes it very frustrating to play.
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane2,012,132
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 13:11
    I'll wait a little longer before I buy it! Lately I have had too many problems with games for the XOne :(
    Always do your best with honor and courage without compromise.
  • QuadrahandsQuadrahands523,322
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 13:52
    Evil Kenivl said:I play it and really enjoy it.
    During the first two hours (for me) there were no glitches like some people mentoined.

All i can say is that if you like rpgs, explore and find treasures like new gear and weapons and fight against some really hard enemys in a really cool location/world you cant go wrong with this game.

Even when they took A LOT from Dark Souls (yes it really makes you think: "I know this somehow") or the inventory menu (looks identically like Diablo 3) they added some other things making the game feel differrent... You have MUCH more choices in weapons, armor or magic speels.
    And most of all... Its absolutely not hard to get familiar with this game. After a short time youre totally in that world and i personally couldnt stop running around and exploring ;-)

Kind Regards
    There are factually MUCH less weapons, armours and spells in LOTF than in dark souls.

IMO some of the best parts of dark souls are the variety (of enemies, weapons, armour, spells, areas, bosses), level design, cryptic storytelling, deep lore and story length, and I felt that LOTF failed at every single one of them.

It's not an awful game, it's just no dark souls and unfortunately it was being compared from day one.
    I went outside once, the graphics were amazing but the characters and storyline were truly awful.
    Posted on 12 November 14 at 20:19
    Danowat32 said:Evil Kenivl said:Danowat32 said:Evil Kenivl said:LuminaLightning said:agree this games is so broken lets do dlcSorry but this is simply NOT TRUE...

Kind Regards
    Example please...
    Frequent pauses, frame rate dips, camera clipping through walls making it impossible to see, screen tearing, sound issues.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but the current state of it technically makes it very frustrating to play.
    Almost EVERY game got "problems" like those you told. Its playable 100% so come on...

Quadrahands said:Evil Kenivl said:I play it and really enjoy it.

Kind Regards
    There are factually MUCH less weapons, armours and spells in LOTF than in dark souls.

IMO some of the best parts of dark souls are the variety (of enemies, weapons, armour, spells, areas, bosses), level design, cryptic storytelling, deep lore and story length, and I felt that LOTF failed at every single one of them.

It's not an awful game, it's just no dark souls and unfortunately it was being compared from day one.
    During the first 3 and half hours i found more weapons, armors and items than in Darks Souls...
    Somehow i cant agree again!
    Gaming since 1990!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 November 14 at 21:46, Edited on 12 November 14 at 21:53 by
    Evil Kenivl said:LuminaLightning said:agree this games is so broken lets do dlcSorry but this is simply NOT TRUE...

Kind Regards
    actually has been proven to be broken so kind regards also any one that wants to enjoy the video that was beautifly posted on xboxachievements.com check out this weblink that was posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xeyutES_Oo
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 14 at 10:11
    Spakon said:Danowat32 said:It's a technical mess, and needs fixing.Completely agree, I'm sick of devs shovelling out more content and expecting people to buy it before they fix what we already paid for.A lot of people actually already paid for the DLC with the season pass.
    If I was a cynic I would say they are obligated to do DLC, but not to fix the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads