The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 30th, 2014 [UPDATE x2]

• UltimateDespairUltimateDespair1,348,558
    Posted on 01 October 14 at 22:29
    IHeartParamore said:Typical. Less than 6 months after I get all but 1 of those snk fighters they go on sale hahaI've been tempted to buy most of these Fighters for a long time; now that they are on sale, they will be bought ;D
  • Ryn0 LRyn0 L554,133
    Posted on 01 October 14 at 22:33
    SaidaiKanpeki said:Far Cry Classic for me! These sales seem come just before I decide to purchase a game that I want.For 2.50 I think I might pick that up too....I've never played any Far Cry game...
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7474,099
    Posted on 01 October 14 at 22:53
    Oh, now they're back to discounting DLC connected to Games With Gold. Where the hell was that during Halo: Reach?
  • Ryn0 LRyn0 L554,133
    Posted on 01 October 14 at 23:02, Edited on 01 October 14 at 23:02 by Ryn0 L
    dresdenWWII said:Oh, now they're back to discounting DLC connected to Games With Gold. Where the hell was that during Halo: Reach?I know, right? I was really hoping it would go on sale. I guess I'll just keep waiting.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash394,494
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 00:07
    JamP0und32 said:Armstrong x360a said:TheArcheaon said:I'm glad yet disappointed, one of the only games I'll probably be picking up is a new copy of Far Cry 3 since my Xbox 360 ruined mine by giving it a ring -.- (Just a little fyi to Far Cry 3 fans wanting to pick up Far Cry 2) I'd suggest not getting it. I bought it on steam didn't care for it at all so I'd recommend staying away from FC2.I second this, FC2 is a terrible, grindy mess completely devoid of any coherent story. That's not even to mention the 100+ hour grind that is the MP to completion. Avoid.I've played throught the story before and it was good but ruined by lots of driving back and forth. The online isn't "too" bad, about 60 hours for the online.Didn't you guys read the byline? The full name is "Far Cry 2 - The driving through uninspired environments for hours on end game"
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin405,534
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 00:46
    WhyattThrash said:JamP0und32 said:Armstrong x360a said:TheArcheaon said:I'm glad yet disappointed, one of the only games I'll probably be picking up is a new copy of Far Cry 3 since my Xbox 360 ruined mine by giving it a ring -.- (Just a little fyi to Far Cry 3 fans wanting to pick up Far Cry 2) I'd suggest not getting it. I bought it on steam didn't care for it at all so I'd recommend staying away from FC2.I second this, FC2 is a terrible, grindy mess completely devoid of any coherent story. That's not even to mention the 100+ hour grind that is the MP to completion. Avoid.I've played throught the story before and it was good but ruined by lots of driving back and forth. The online isn't "too" bad, about 60 hours for the online.Didn't you guys read the byline? The full name is "Far Cry 2 - The driving through uninspired environments for hours on end game"As someone who has put in over 200 hours (or more) into Far Cry 2. I can say that it is a very divided game. If you are going to buy this: DO NOT DO IT FOR THE ACHIEVEMENTS. This will sour most enjoyment that you will have from the game for the majority of people. After that then play the single player and play the multiplayer on the best map creation system barring FC3
    I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
  • BigNev44BigNev441,598,801
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 01:12
    HOLY S...!

I was just thinking about downloading all the SNK games just in case they are delisted due to licensing (no new XBLA game from them for years)

Thanks for the update, getting them all now!
  • SkooksSkooks367,930
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 01:55
    Going to pick up one of the Metal Slugs. The Vietnam expansion for BF:BC2 is also really tempting.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead569,671
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 02:57
    ChewieOnIce said:HolyHa1fDead said:Microsoft were very late getting the discounts out this week.

The AC4 Season Pass is normally $29.60 USD in New Zealand, so $13.39 seemed like a great deal, until I realised it is only a 33% discount and not 50%, making the sale price it $19.47. So I shall continue to wait for a better deal.
    Woops, that's what happens when I'm trying to play "keep up with them making last minute changes" angry. Apparently ACIV Season Pass is also not worth it (for achievement hunters anyway) as it only includes two achievement carrying DLCs that can be bought for cheaper separately, even with this reduction.
    Probably the worst value season pass I know of. One third of the content I already have as it was included with the Special Editions of the game - that could have been made available as a seperate purchase on XBL, but should never have been part of the Season Pass content. So the pass will have to be cheaper than the cost of the remaining two thirds before I'm interested.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead569,671
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 03:17
    Arsenic 17 said:More than likely Shadowrun is the free game this month in some other region (I think it was before. not to long ago), and it accidentally got pushed to all regions but was quickly removed. That is my thinking too. It was the GwG in August 2013 - HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Games with Gold
  • pg88pg8867,422
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 07:01, Edited on 02 October 14 at 07:04 by pg88
    Why the official Xbox Site is so f.ucking slow ? I clicked on "redeem code" and it loads and it loads and it loads, but NOTHING happens. I also can't even look up how much cash I got on my account cause it just won't load. By the way I can't even download free Demos or Games with Gold on there cause it tells me I need a credit card lol. This site is a total disgrace for MS and the Xbox
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 07:40
    • Sniper Elite 3 (Xbox One) - 33% offIt's mine clap
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 12:33
    MSBYTES said:Anyone have an opinion on Flockers?It's alright, played it at EGX last week. Plays in a similar fashion to lemmings, just with more gruesome deaths.
  • WeltallAYWeltallAY190,366
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 13:13
    If someone wants to do Garou let me know [PM me]. It's very quick/easy (just quit out matches) and I'd very much appreciate it. The only catch is that I'd need said booster to be willing to wait 1-2 weeks as I just moved and have no internet atm.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye189,247
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 13:42
    ha I know its only $5 but I just got AC Liberation in July when it was 50% off. Ive only gotten though the 1st sequence and now its 75% off facepalm
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,017,687
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 14:17, Edited on 02 October 14 at 14:17 by Shinnizle
    matdan12 said:Ignore the haters Far Cry 2 is beast, just a bit too challenging for the new generation of gamers.Needless backtracking =/= challenging. Most of the people I know who have played it said the game was good in and of itself, but the constant and incessant backtracking screwed any chance the story had to have proper rhythm.
  • matdanmatdan792,323
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 16:04
    Shinnizle said:matdan12 said:Ignore the haters Far Cry 2 is beast, just a bit too challenging for the new generation of gamers.Needless backtracking =/= challenging. Most of the people I know who have played it said the game was good in and of itself, but the constant and incessant backtracking screwed any chance the story had to have proper rhythm.I am gonna go out on a limb and say these are the same people playing Destiny (Which is exactly that). Hardly on a Destiny, Borderlands or Elder Scrolls Online level of backtracking in any case. As far as I see it the story is fine and easy to follow.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 October 14 at 16:33
    anyone else having trouble download assassins creed 3?
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 17:04
    Everyone should pick up the Vietnam DLC as there will be an influx of players since it's on GoG. That DLC alone is my favorite shooter of all time, soooo good.
    Banana Big Boys
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,017,687
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 17:16, Edited on 02 October 14 at 17:18 by Shinnizle
    matdan12 said:I am gonna go out on a limb and say these are the same people playing Destiny (Which is exactly that). Hardly on a Destiny, Borderlands or Elder Scrolls Online level of backtracking in any case. As far as I see it the story is fine and easy to follow.I haven't asked anyone I know who has played Destiny how they felt about the game, so I wouldn't know. I don't think any of my real life friends bought it.

And yes, I agree Borderlands has plenty of backtracking too, and it pisses me off just as much in that game. I don't LOVE Borderlands like most people do. I like it only in 4-player co-op, and because it's a game with funny characters and dialogue. The action, story and pace are all lackluster at best.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.