Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Unrequited Relationships

• Posted on 18 February 14 at 12:59
    HolyMoses81 said:
    Do those newshounds play anything else beside Gears, AC, Halo and Mass Effect???

...and where the hell is Super Meat Boy in this list?
    If you think you can do better, you're more than welcome to apply.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • paradox8493paradox8493170,145
    Posted on 18 February 14 at 16:00
    Opproperaar said:
    Surprised about the GoW entry. I thought it was made abundantly clear in both the books and GoW 3 that Samantha digs Dom, not Baird, whose relationship with each other is, while occasionally playful and genuinely friendly, one of platonic enmity and rivalry.
    ^^^^ This is correct. The OP kind of proves to me that nobody really paid attention to Gears 3. How could anyone think Sam & Baird wanted each other?
    "We'll just have to be smarter than a f**king amoeba then won't we?" -Marcus Fenix (Anvil Gate)
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9776,149
    Posted on 18 February 14 at 19:38
    paradox8493 said:
    Opproperaar said:
    Surprised about the GoW entry. I thought it was made abundantly clear in both the books and GoW 3 that Samantha digs Dom, not Baird, whose relationship with each other is, while occasionally playful and genuinely friendly, one of platonic enmity and rivalry.
    ^^^^ This is correct. The OP kind of proves to me that nobody really paid attention to Gears 3. How could anyone think Sam & Baird wanted each other?
    Everybody thinks that...well, except you I guess.
    CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 February 14 at 20:01, Edited on 18 February 14 at 20:01 by
    Kinda surprised that Deadly Premonition didn't make it to this list. Good read nonetheless.
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy895,580
    Posted on 19 February 14 at 09:36
    WHAT THE FUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!
    DAMON BAIRD AND SAM!!!!!!
    HAVE WE FORGETTEN ABOUT MARCUS AND ANYA?
    Searching for my Female achievement hunting buddy <3
  • BaneDainBaneDain457,184
    Posted on 19 February 14 at 13:08
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    Nier and Kaine would be high up on the list for me.
    If only she wasn't possessed by a demon and didn't have a penis...

Im really surprised no one mentioned Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong it was suggested in Resi 2, 4, and 6.

Ps to the people randomly hating on dark souls for absolutely no reason, up yours smile.
  • Posted on 19 February 14 at 13:08
    WeisGuy9 said:
    HolyMoses81 said:
    Do those newshounds play anything else beside Gears, AC, Halo and Mass Effect???

...and where the hell is Super Meat Boy in this list?
    Oh look! I

It's Asshole Boy, back to let us know how terrible these lists are. What a huge surprise! shock
    Are you my sidekick then? Moron Kid?
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • Posted on 19 February 14 at 17:37
    BaneDain said:
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    Nier and Kaine would be high up on the list for me.
    If only she wasn't possessed by a demon and didn't have a penis...

Hey now, just because she's a transexual doesn't mean relationships can't happen. It's clear that there's some sort of feelings between them beyond friendship.
    There's nothing worse than a sad tree.
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper130,451
    Posted on 20 February 14 at 05:43, Edited on 20 February 14 at 05:44 by FinderKeeper
    I was hoping this would get an honorable mention. compute
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0375,072
    Posted on 21 February 14 at 22:26
    JMJimmy said:
    Alyx/Gordon always seemed like a father daughter relationship to me.

Lost Odyssey, Leisure Suit Larry, or Rebecca/Chuck in Dead Rising 2 would have made my list
    Really? I thought it was obvious that they were going for a romantic connection with Alyx and Gordon. I mean she already had a father figure in Eli and enough time to establish their relationship.

Half Life 3...where are you? cry
    If you want real change vote with your wallet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads