Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Deadliest Protagonists

• DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,304,538
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:09Permalink
    James Bond.

#JustSayin.
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:10, Edited on 15 December 13 at 13:10 by Hatred ProphetPermalink
    Ezio Auditore is one of my favorite video game characters. This is a good list, I would of liked to see Sam Fisher make it, however.
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:16Permalink
    #trevorforlife
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:17Permalink
    James Earl Cash of Manhunt
    Briantchapster (gamertag)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:28Permalink
    Rad Hazard from Hydro Thunder Hurricane?
    Oddworld X
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:32Permalink
    Deadpool? Sam Fisher?
    I don't trust Canadians.
  • MAH BOI 420MAH BOI 420210,265
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:55, Edited on 15 December 13 at 13:59 by MAH BOI 420Permalink
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    James Bond.

#JustSayin.
    You are the epitome of cancer.

Anyway, didn't Kamiya go on record saying that Bayonetta is leagues stronger than Dante? Also, while DMC 3 had a lot more CURAHZY combos and shit it is chronologically the first game in the series; you might confuse some people with that developmental ordering thing in his Bio.

Also, while Trevor, Ezio and Agent 47 are deadly, they're only human. Why not put War or Asura up there?
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 13:58Permalink
    I always thought it would be more appropriate to call it Brawlers' Creed, since rather than subtly taking out your target, usually you find yourself in the middle of a huge melee with the guards and the target. Subtly would've been nice, but most of the time you just started slugging it out because someone shoved you or something. And even with double assassinations, maybe 10% of the time you actually had only two opponents to take down at once.
    There is no "I" in "team." There also isn't a "u," a "we," an "us," or a "them," so who's playing?
  • Dmorpher5Dmorpher5222,526
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 14:06Permalink
    Alex Mercer from Prototype
  • xWEEDMAN 89xxWEEDMAN 89x206,563
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 14:19, Edited on 15 December 13 at 14:22 by xWEEDMAN 89xPermalink
    47 for the win!! I'm really suprised he got the top spot. How about top 5 hardest achievement if that hasn't been done already I really don't remember if there was lol.
  • MemoMemo296,840
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 14:21Permalink
    BigDaddyBudda5 said:
    Alex Mercer from Prototype
    He was the first character that I thought of too, though it could be argued that James Heller was even deadlier in Prototype 2!
    You are the Detectives; go... and detect.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE505,609
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 14:26Permalink
    Great read! Other then that, please stop the hashtags: this isn't Facebook or Twitter.
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 14:38Permalink
    Trevor's the only one worth a mention in my opinion, easily should've been number 1!
  • matdanmatdan701,045
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 15:11Permalink
    Shepard, Lynch, Point-Man, Masterchief, Noble 1/The Rookie, Alcatraz/Prophet, Altair, Jack Carver, The Witcher, Alex Mercer and Big Daddy all are highly deadly protagonists. Well I guess anyone who is master of bringing the pain on a wide scale is worth mentioning.
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 15:23, Edited on 15 December 13 at 15:32 by DragonessHeraPermalink
    It's missing the OTHER Dante, from Dante's Inferno. You know, the guy who got so pissed that he was killed he beat the crap out of the Grim Reaper, took his scythe, and then sliced him in half with it. Since that brought him back to life, he then stitches a tapestry to his skin, goes home, and follows the Devil into Hell to get the soul of his fiancé back.
  • l TN95 ll TN95 l141,538
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 15:24Permalink
    kratos from god of war if you count ps3
  • NekroflameNekroflame257,709
    Posted on 15 December 13 at 15:34Permalink
    aGundamDownHere said:
    I always thought it would be more appropriate to call it Brawlers' Creed, since rather than subtly taking out your target, usually you find yourself in the middle of a huge melee with the guards and the target. Subtly would've been nice, but most of the time you just started slugging it out because someone shoved you or something. And even with double assassinations, maybe 10% of the time you actually had only two opponents to take down at once.
    Someone should brush up on their stealth skills. wink
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 15:44Permalink
    Pac Man - he literally eats his enemies, he's the original bad ass!
  • Posted on 15 December 13 at 15:45Permalink
    No Ryu Hayabusa???? Another Top5FAIL!
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.