Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Deadliest Protagonists

• Posted on 16 December 13 at 22:48
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    James Bond.

#JustSayin.
    james bond is a real wuss compared to this list (especially one of my favs in this list: EZIO!! even the guy from the hitman series is way better XD )

#bluhhhhashtags :P justsayin! ;)
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • ID357ID357469,005
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 23:31, Edited on 17 December 13 at 14:14 by Clever Jake
    DNC Protoman said:
    ID357 said:
    I hate these lists. They are always based off of what's most popular. None of these asshats would stand a chance against Kaim Argonar! The man is an immortal who decimates entire armies, by himself!
    That is entirely false. There are several scenes in Lost Odyssey where Kaim surrenders to small groups of soldiers.

Kaim would stand no chance whatsoever against Dante or Bayonetta, 47 could simply shoot him and the dismember him before he revived.

Kaim MAY have a chance against Enzio only.
    Kaim gets hit by a meteor, gets up and walks it off as if nothing happened. When he surrenders to small groups of soldiers it is because he chooses to do so. And, because if he just killed every group of soldiers you encounter in the game then the game would have been over immediately and that would defy the purpose of an rpg. There are numerous times when fighting the general of the Numaran army when kaim gets shot by tanks! Shooting him with regular guns would do nothing to him. 47 would not have a prayer against him! 47 is simply a trained assassin, Kaim is immortal!

Honestly, 47, Trevor, and Ezio all have no place on this list. I loved GTA V, and have enjoyed every Hitman game I have ever played. However, there are way more deadly protagonists! This list, just like every other, proves to be nothing more than a popularity contest.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude1,315,896
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 01:10
    I concur with this list.
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII445,473
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 03:03
    Agent 47 is a good choice for #1. Whereas others usually bludgeon or slice their opponents, 47 must use finesse, grace, and have the patience to utilize both.
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9776,132
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 03:14, Edited on 17 December 13 at 03:33 by WeisGuy9
    aGundamDownHere said:
    I always thought it would be more appropriate to call it Brawlers' Creed, since rather than subtly taking out your target, usually you find yourself in the middle of a huge melee with the guards and the target. Subtly would've been nice, but most of the time you just started slugging it out because someone shoved you or something. And even with double assassinations, maybe 10% of the time you actually had only two opponents to take down at once.
    You're doing it wrong.

Overall, a good list. I would have replaced the GTA 5 guy, though. Alex Mercer should have definitely made the list. Maybe Ryu Hyabusa, as well.

Gordon Freeman from the Half Life franchise would have been a decent choice to make the list, and possibly Capt. Titus from Space Marine.

It would have been kinda cool and hilarious to see Lu Bu make the list, too.
    CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • JAYMATiKJAYMATiK214,325
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 04:20
    No Master Chief? C'mon sir!
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 04:38
    JAYMATiK said:
    No Master Chief? C'mon sir!
    Nope. No Master Chief, and good riddance. Master Chief only kills little cartoon characters. They don't count.
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 04:46
    Deadliest protagonists? I assume that means the ones who can draw from the broadest skillset with which to systematically decimate their opponents...

In no particular order, here are some that at least should have gotten honorable mentions:-
    Death ~ Darksiders II
    War ~ Darksiders
    Galen "Starkiller" Marek ~ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I & II.
    Dragonborn ~ The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Captain Titus ~ Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
    Corvo ~ Dishonored
    Danté ~ Danté's Inferno

[ Any character without even a hint of magical / supernatural / uber-technological abilities shouldn't be in the top five. ]
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when one has not yet stood up to live…”
  • LaloXXVLaloXXV288,444
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 05:30
    Kratos...if he wants you dead, you're dead.
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 05:58
    LaloXXV said:
    Wrong website. That list would be on TrueTrophies.
  • Silver SalvoSilver Salvo1,337,329
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 06:52
    WeisGuy9 said:
    LaloXXV said:
    Wrong website. That list would be on TrueTrophies.
    ^That
  • ethanolicethanolic86,465
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 07:49
    MC0REBE said:
    Great read! Other then that, please stop the hashtags: this isn't Facebook or Twitter.
    This.
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,244,089
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 10:01
    iHeartSlampigs said:
    For everybody saying James Bond, facepalm . I'm a fan of the games but you can't be serious...
    Yes... Considerably
    :P

(someone had to)
  • RubioDanRubioDan212,849
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 13:13
    Trevor is the only character on that list that I ever thought was so crazy I (the player) may well not be able to control him... And he has some of the best dialogue I've seen in any game, ever. Brilliantly psychotic.
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 13:50
    RubioDan said:
    Trevor is the only character on that list that I ever thought was so crazy I (the player) may well not be able to control him... And he has some of the best dialogue I've seen in any game, ever. Brilliantly psychotic.
    Cant tell if serious or just stupid, sorry a character in a GAME being so crazy you cant control them? HE ISN'T REAL he's not going to jump out the screen and start shooting shit up, he's not even that deadly and doesn't deserve a spot on this list, he's just insane and has abandonment issues, it's more about feeling sorry for him then finding him funny.
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 15:34
    James Earl Cash is the ultimate #1 Deadliest Protagonist.

That game is one of the few reasons I still keep my PS2 around.
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy895,580
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 17:48
    aGundamDownHere said:
    I always thought it would be more appropriate to call it Brawlers' Creed, since rather than subtly taking out your target, usually you find yourself in the middle of a huge melee with the guards and the target. Subtly would've been nice, but most of the time you just started slugging it out because someone shoved you or something. And even with double assassinations, maybe 10% of the time you actually had only two opponents to take down at once.
    well i have to be honest that its really true that most of the time it is hard to get a group of enemies down without like you said "slugging it out". But at the same time it is just as easy to walk up and poison a guard and stab the other two at the same time or to even just double stab two and then shoot the last one. Assassins creed truly is a very stealthy game but its meant to be played extremely stealthy which probably 95 percent of people dont do because of how easy it is and fun to like you say :slug it out". Like its not uncommon to see me fighting people for over 30 minutes at a time just looting bodies and stocking up on dead guards supplies. If you look on you-tube there are people who make it the entire series in multiple videos with once being caught up in trouble besides key point assassination throughout the story that auto trigger chases.
    i am looking for a female achievement hunter to play with<3 like an xbox best friend
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:52
    Always good to see bayonetta in a top 5 list. She is a badass
  • TwistMckTwistMck707,570
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:56
    DragonessHera said:
    It's missing the OTHER Dante, from Dante's Inferno. You know, the guy who got so pissed that he was killed he beat the crap out of the Grim Reaper, took his scythe, and then sliced him in half with it. Since that brought him back to life, he then stitches a tapestry to his skin, goes home, and follows the Devil into Hell to get the soul of his fiancé back.
    This guy ^
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads